• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayers needed for my same-sex lust

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
As if the feelings crept in the past couple of days with the same sex attractions, I've fell into watching lesbian inappropriate content, something i haven't touched in months. I had to quickly shut it down, I've already repented to God, and quickly finding refuge, but I'm asking for as much people to pray for me as possible.

I saw the triggers this week: feeling of isolation, roughness from men in my life recently, the sudden happy feeling when women shown warmth towards me, me feeling drawn to women and feeling less safe around men.

And yet I played into it and willingly fell into lust. The only difference this time is that I know that's not who I am anymore, I no longer identify with it, and like how I deal with other sins in my life, I'm dragging this burden by the neck straight to the Father.

I'm seeing the slippery slope of it, so I'm asking for prayers/advice/encouragement.

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
As if the feelings crept in the past couple of days with the same sex attractions, I've fell into watching lesbian inappropriate content, something i haven't touched in months. I had to quickly shut it down, I've already repented to God, and quickly finding refuge, but I'm asking for as much people to pray for me as possible.

I saw the triggers this week: feeling of isolation, roughness from men in my life recently, the sudden happy feeling when women shown warmth towards me, me feeling drawn to women and feeling less safe around men.

And yet I played into it and willingly fell into lust. The only difference this time is that I know that's not who I am anymore, I no longer identify with it, and like how I deal with other sins in my life, I'm dragging this burden by the neck straight to the Father.

I'm seeing the slippery slope of it, so I'm asking for prayers/advice/encouragement.
praying for you

and praise God for the new awareness you have - thank you Jesus

praying for God to fill you with His love, strength, peace, hope, righteousness - all these wonderful gifts from God to we who don't deserve it - but given to us because God loves us so much even as we are

God Bless you dear one

you are very special and an inspiration

Upvote 0

SamanthaMathis

An Amateur Consummate Traveler
Jun 26, 2015
Northeast
✟27,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are special, no need to feel so isolated. People often confuse isolation with loneliness, but it can be a slippery slope.

There are time in a woman's life when she feels women are the only people she can turn to, who know their problems and issues, it is natural to feel a connection deeper than the obvious that may not be there. In our time of need we look for any relationship that can validate us.

Stay strong, and its ok to reach out in your times of need.

• Friendly
Reactions: salt-n-light
Upvote 0