Prayers in Orthodoxy that are addressed primarily to the Holy Spirit?

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Are there Orthodox prayers that primarily address the Third Person of the Holy Trinity? I see that the Lord’s Prayer primarily addresses the Father, for example, and the Jesus Prayer primarily addresses the Son, but are there prayers that primarily address the Holy Spirit?

(And I say “primarily” because I recognize that most Orthodox prayers are essentially Trinitarian in nature, but some seem to have different emphases.)

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,178,560.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
O Heavenly King and Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, Who art in all places and fillest all things, the Treasury of blessings, and Giver of life: come and abide in us. Cleanse us from all impurity, and of thy goodness, save our souls.

Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yes, "Oh Heavenly King" comes to mind

O Heavenly King and Comforter, the Spirit of Truth, Who art in all places and fillest all things, the Treasury of blessings, and Giver of life: come and abide in us. Cleanse us from all impurity, and of thy goodness, save our souls.

Of course! Thank you.
(Part of my morning prayers...how did I not think of that when I asked the question!)

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Of course! Thank you.
(Part of my morning prayers...how did I not think of that when I asked the question!)

not only that, it begins the Hours, the Liturgy...

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
not only that, it begins the Hours, the Liturgy...
Yep. As I said, not sure how I missed that when I was pondering the question in my head this morning. Sometimes the most obvious things are invisible. Thank you.

(I said “part of my morning prayers” because it was during my morning prayers, which include the Lord’s Prayer and the Jesus Prayer, that I came up with the question, completely overlooking the answer to it in those same morning prayers that I had just finished praying.)

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,463,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yep. As I said, not sure how I missed that when I was pondering the question in my head this morning. Sometimes the most obvious things are invisible. Thank you.

(I said “part of my morning prayers” because it was during my morning prayers, which include the Lord’s Prayer and the Jesus Prayer, that I came up with the question, completely overlooking the answer to it in those same morning prayers that I had just finished praying.)

oh I hear you. it took me a bit to realize that the "angel of peace" we pray for is our guardian angel.

Reactions: “Paisios”
Upvote 0