Prayers for unvaccinated family in a vaccine passport county

Should we move to middle east?

• Yes, God will look after us

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, too risky to move in todays world.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Veggiemusician

Aug 3, 2021
Manchester
✟15,813.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sisters and brothers in Christ.

We are due to move from UK to Middle East in a few days with my family. Due to recent developments, unvaccinated cannot enter public places without vaccine passport. We have chosen to remain unvaccinated and this is non negotiable.

If we move we will not allowed to enter public places. Other countries in Gulf have mandated vaccines in work places giving littls warning. Theres a risk that vaccines may be mandated for air travel meaning we could be stranded. However the job is good and their personal policy on vax is our choice. However, if the county mandates it then employers have to follow rules.

If we stay in the UK we have no job. Theres a possibility that we will lose our rented house due to serving notice. We may have to pay one years rent up front and may have to pay legal fees for breaking contract with job. There are few jobs in my area.

It seems a easy choice, but we have prayed so much and not sure whats best to do. We feel sick about going (my wife is being physically sick with vaccine mandates in Gulf, yet terrified seeing developments in the UK.

Prayers and advice much needed. We feel very alone and lost.

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Getting the vaccine is your choice, but if you are knowingly moving to a country with strict rules about it, then that needs to be weighed in your choice.

If it is non-negotiable then you need to face the reality that you could loose the new job and be stranded in a foreign place with no job and limited personal movement, or be forced to move back to the UK - which would take you back to the start with no job.

The reality of travel may force you to make a decision to get the vaccine anyways, or move to another third country that is more open and willing to let you in for some time.

But it sounds like the better of the options is to stay in the UK, talk to your land lord and let them know what is happening, unless they already have a tenant lined up I am sure they will be happy to have you recommit to a lease.

If you are "terrified" of the UK, then look at all available options on where you could go. Being a commonwealth member helps you with movement and ability to work globally in other member countries, I am given to understand.

I will end with this the statement: You already know what you should do, you just have to face that decision and follow through, whatever that choice is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob_1000

Jul 30, 2021
Mid-West
✟20,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

We are due to move from UK to Middle East in a few days with my family. Due to recent developments, unvaccinated cannot enter public places without vaccine passport. We have chosen to remain unvaccinated and this is non negotiable.

If we move we will not allowed to enter public places. Other countries in Gulf have mandated vaccines in work places giving littls warning. Theres a risk that vaccines may be mandated for air travel meaning we could be stranded. However the job is good and their personal policy on vax is our choice. However, if the county mandates it then employers have to follow rules.

If we stay in the UK we have no job. Theres a possibility that we will lose our rented house due to serving notice. We may have to pay one years rent up front and may have to pay legal fees for breaking contract with job. There are few jobs in my area.

It seems a easy choice, but we have prayed so much and not sure whats best to do. We feel sick about going (my wife is being physically sick with vaccine mandates in Gulf, yet terrified seeing developments in the UK.

I'm praying for you brother and I'm so sorry that you're faced with this. All of us who refuse to take the jab will be faced with similar tough choices very soon. I will never volunteer to take it to maintain my standard of living but if it comes to life or death, starvation then I will take my chances with the jab.

The Lord is with us always and he knows exactly what we're facing and will provide for us one way or another. My prayers are with you and your family.

Reactions: carolina16
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Just apply the wisdom, commands, principles and truth of God's word to your situation. What are God's priorities for you and your family? Will this move be in accord with what His priorities are for you all? Do the risks outweigh the benefits of moving spiritually as well as materially? Avoiding the vaccine is not nearly as important in God's economy of things as seeking first His kingdom, living for His glory, living in community with fellow believers, etc. Will you be able to do these things better in "the Gulf" than in the UK?

Psalm 119:105
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Matthew 6:31-33
31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

• Useful
Reactions: carolina16
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟790,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed

I suggest trying to get in touch with someone who lives there and may be sympathetic to your stand on the matter of vaccinations. They may know a way around it. I know in most South American countries, there is a way around just about anything, but I don't know about Europe or the Middle East or other places.

• Agree
Reactions: Bob_1000
Upvote 0

longwait

Mar 14, 2016
asia
✟85,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is a problem we are all facing currently. At least your family as a whole is united in your stance against taking the vax. That's comforting. Moving to the Middle East wouldn't be a good idea. They are making it compulsory to get vaccinated in order to enter public places. I heard Sweden is anti lock down, anti vax, anti mask and they have 0 new cases and 0 deaths. So maybe you can try out Sweden. Take care, God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

carolina16

Jesus Christ is the Lord
Sep 21, 2017
Bs As
✟43,424.00
Country
Argentina
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I suggest trying to get in touch with someone who lives there and may be sympathetic to your stand on the matter of vaccinations. They may know a way around it. I know in most South American countries, there is a way around just about anything, but I don't know about Europe or the Middle East or other places.

There is an error. In Argentina the job is closed too.

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0