Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This morning, I'm feeling pretty sad. Yesterday, I ended up revisiting some footage, pictures, and animated depictions of the bombings that happened at Hiroshima back in 1945 and I just felt so horribly for all of the people who died or were affected and continue to be affected by what happened on that day. War is such a terrible thing, and I'm just so sorry for all of the innocent people who died or were physically or mentally affected by it. My mind keeps trying to wrap my head around everything that happened to the people of Hiroshima on that day, and it keeps replaying the images of people literally dying. I know it might be strange for me to be getting emotional over events that happened over 70 years ago at this point, but from time to time, I remember these people and pray for them. I pray that God eases the suffering of the people who survived and that He helps those who may still be in purgatory.

Today, I'm also praying for the people who died during the Holocaust as well. It's horrific what happened to them too and I'm just so upset over the crimes against humanity that were committed during the second World War. It just wasn't right...

Finally, my prayers go out to the victims and survivors of the Columbine shooting back in 1999. I know this thought comes a bit out of left field, but for some reason last night, I had a nightmare where I was at that school some days prior to the shooting and then the day of the shooting. I remember in my dream that I hid a lot and tried to dissuade the shooters from doing what they were about to do by showing them kindness. But, most importantly, I remember the feelings of fear that I felt, especially when hiding and running from the sound of the gunshots and I just... can't imagine what it must have been like for the people who actually went through the day of the massacre. So I'm praying for them too...

I pray for them as a way to do my part to possibly ease the suffering of their souls, but also to keep them in my memories so that I never forget them. After all that happened to each of these people, it would be a disservice to forget even one of them. They all had lives of their own. Many of them, if not all of them, had families. Lots of them were children who did absolutely nothing wrong. All of them, I imagine, suffered immensely. And, sadly, many (if not all) of these people never saw it coming, and I think that's one of the things that messes me up the most... it's so sad that we live in a world where things like these have occurred. Earth really is its own sort of Hell in a lot of ways, and I just hope that those who died during each of these tragedies was able to make it to Heaven. I just don't want them to suffer any more than they already have, you know?

If any of you feel inclined to do so, please say a prayer for those who died in these events too. And, even though these events happened 20 or more years ago, I feel like our prayers still matter. In God's name, may tragedies such as these never ever happen again. Amen.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
This morning, I'm feeling pretty sad. Yesterday, I ended up revisiting some footage, pictures, and animated depictions of the bombings that happened at Hiroshima back in 1945 and I just felt so horribly for all of the people who died or were affected and continue to be affected by what happened on that day. War is such a terrible thing, and I'm just so sorry for all of the innocent people who died or were physically or mentally affected by it. My mind keeps trying to wrap my head around everything that happened to the people of Hiroshima on that day, and it keeps replaying the images of people literally dying. I know it might be strange for me to be getting emotional over events that happened over 70 years ago at this point, but from time to time, I remember these people and pray for them. I pray that God eases the suffering of the people who survived and that He helps those who may still be in purgatory.

Today, I'm also praying for the people who died during the Holocaust as well. It's horrific what happened to them too and I'm just so upset over the crimes against humanity that were committed during the second World War. It just wasn't right...

Finally, my prayers go out to the victims and survivors of the Columbine shooting back in 1999. I know this thought comes a bit out of left field, but for some reason last night, I had a nightmare where I was at that school some days prior to the shooting and then the day of the shooting. I remember in my dream that I hid a lot and tried to dissuade the shooters from doing what they were about to do by showing them kindness. But, most importantly, I remember the feelings of fear that I felt, especially when hiding and running from the sound of the gunshots and I just... can't imagine what it must have been like for the people who actually went through the day of the massacre. So I'm praying for them too...

I pray for them as a way to do my part to possibly ease the suffering of their souls, but also to keep them in my memories so that I never forget them. After all that happened to each of these people, it would be a disservice to forget even one of them. They all had lives of their own. Many of them, if not all of them, had families. Lots of them were children who did absolutely nothing wrong. All of them, I imagine, suffered immensely. And, sadly, many (if not all) of these people never saw it coming, and I think that's one of the things that messes me up the most... it's so sad that we live in a world where things like these have occurred. Earth really is its own sort of Hell in a lot of ways, and I just hope that those who died during each of these tragedies was able to make it to Heaven. I just don't want them to suffer any more than they already have, you know?

If any of you feel inclined to do so, please say a prayer for those who died in these events too. And, even though these events happened 20 or more years ago, I feel like our prayers still matter. In God's name, may tragedies such as these never ever happen again. Amen.
I will pray for that

• Friendly
Reactions: HoneyBee
Upvote 0