• Start date

djon_mez

May 4, 2010
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
i just wanted to make a comment (for what it is worth). i don't know if this is persecution or not, but my home church in Mexico has been extorted twice already. and i must say that it has been bitter sweet for me.
before, i used to say ( and still believe it) when asked what would happen if we in Mexico (or the states for that matter) would be persecuted for believing in God? i would always give 2 answers. first, i would confess my believe to the 4 corners of the earth, and secondly, during persecution is when true Chirstians show themselves.
the reaseon this has been bitter sweet for me is that i realized (now that the question hit so close to home) that i wasn't as strong in my faith as i thought i was. i would have a very hard time standing up to someone threatening me for believing in God. but the sweetest part of this is that there are people...true chirstians that will stand up when asked if they're believers. it was very inspiring when i heard that my church's youth group, regardless of the danger that they were putting themselves in of being shot or kidnapped when out to the streets and evangelized, and were not quiet about it either, they had an entire outdoor revival in one of Juarez's worst neighborhoods (as of now Juarez is the most dangerous city in Mexico and in the world including war zones:How out of control is the city of Juárez? Compare the killings there to the war in Afghanistan. In Juárez in 2009 — a single city with only 1.5 million people—almost 2,600 people have been murdered. The number of civilians killed in the war in Afghanistan in 2009 was about 2,038 in a nation of 28 million people.
In the last two years, upwards of 4,000 people have been murdered in Juárez, compared to about 30 homicides across the U.S. border in El Paso.) i am in awe of their valor and bravery. i am glad God has put people such as these to lead the way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
U

Unashamed Jesus Freak

India Evangelist Hacked To Death
Friday, May 7, 2010 (10:56 am)
By Worthy News Asia News Service

NEW DELHI, INDIA (Worthy News)-- A police investigation continued Friday, May 7, into the killing of an Indian evangelist who investigators said was hacked to death in eastern India after showing a film on the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Full Story

Upvote 0