Feb 4, 2012
✟34,547.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I have been in church today. I was surrounded by my family and in the end the pastor prayed for all the families. I looked behind me and I saw a woman with sad eyes sitting alone. I could relate about her feelings. I have been a single mum for twenty years and I have a family now, finally, at 52 years old. I remember feeling so alone during the prayers for families, so lost. Every time there was a prayer for couples or for families I felt so desperately left out and alone. I ask for prayers for all the single parents out there. May they all be happy and be very loved.

I know, I should have reached out to her. I felt embarassed to do so. I will try next week.

KayScarpettaFan

I trust You, Lord
Feb 4, 2012
✟34,547.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
As long as I have my baby I don't feel lonely.
Very good. I am glad you don't. I felt very alone sometimes, I had two children and working all the time. I felt tired and I felt that noone could really understand. I saw sadness in that woman's eyes. I am glad you cannot relate. May God bless you and your child.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Very good. I am glad you don't. I felt very alone sometimes, I had two children and working all the time. I felt tired and I felt that noone could really understand. I saw sadness in that woman's eyes. I am glad you cannot relate. May God bless you and your child.
Than you :)

Upvote 0

christiansoccerplayer

Aug 6, 2013
✟47,482.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been in church today. I was surrounded by my family and in the end the pastor prayed for all the families. I looked behind me and I saw a woman with sad eyes sitting alone. I could relate about her feelings. I have been a single mum for twenty years and I have a family now, finally, at 52 years old. I remember feeling so alone during the prayers for families, so lost. Every time there was a prayer for couples or for families I felt so desperately left out and alone. I ask for prayers for all the single parents out there. May they all be happy and be very loved.

I know, I should have reached out to her. I felt embarassed to do so. I will try next week.
Praying

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I ask for prayers for all the single parents out there. May they all be happy and be very loved.

Heavenly Father, I pray for all single parents that are hurting and discouraged. I ask that You will renew hope in them and show them a light for the days ahead, and ask You to help them through those difficult and sad days. May they, and their children always be kept safe under Your Wing, and may they be blessed, whether they are with them or with their other parent or without due to tragic or sad events? They are always loved by You, protected by You and never alone or forgotten. Show them with each new day, there is hope for a bright new future, In Jesus Name, Amen

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Dont usually suggest this but think an email to the pastor expressing the hurt you observed would be appropriate. Hopefully it would be received in the spirit it was sent.

BTW, when speaking there's so much going on, it can be difficult to think of everything. Yet it can be so obvious to those listening. Sometimes when the speaker listens later on to their presentatiom, they may be surprised at how something was expressed, omitted, etc.

Pastors are human and servants, they're going to make mistakes, too.

If I had done that I would apologize and asks for forgiveness at the next service.

Last edited:
Upvote 0