seattle ish
✟8,991.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Luk 3:14 And the soldiers likewise asked him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said to them, Do violence to no man,
My translation says do not bully any man. the comentary you quote also uses this. It would apear in context to be an admonishment not to abuse their position. not a comment on the job itself which is to break things and kill people when necissary. If you wish to further explore this perhaps we could start another thread in an apropriate area, rather than hijack this one further.
I thank God he has raised up warriors amongst us to protect the sheep from the wolves that would destroy us.

Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:groupray:
God, please keep the soldiers safe and give them strength. Lifting up 'Christopher" who is in the Army and his platoon and his family here at home. Lord, bless and watch over this young man and may he return home safe as soon as possible. Amen.:wave:

Upvote 0

Jesusrocksmypinksocks

Aug 15, 2007
✟15,204.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Lord Jesus everyday someone dies in Iraq/Afgahistan
we don't know who they are, but you do. You are the final say so in where they go.

God bless the loved ones they leave behind, God bless and soften the hearts that blame you, let them understand that you paid for all of their sins on the cross. I wish we could do more.

Everyday is almost too sad to watch the news. You could stop this war and bring everyone home if you wanted to Lord. You must have a plan.

Love them with the truth.
Amen

Upvote 0

Proph

Aug 15, 2007
Baltimore, MD
✟8,415.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
:groupray:
God, please keep the soldiers safe and give them strength. Lifting up 'Christopher" who is in the Army and his platoon and his family here at home. Lord, bless and watch over this young man and may he return home safe as soon as possible. Amen.:wave:
AMEN AMEN AMEN, It's already done in the Spirit, PRIASE YE THE LORD!

Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus, please help those in the service today who are most in need, most discouraged, weakness, wounded, and those afraid and needing comfort. Jesus, touch their lives and work in their hearts today. Jesus, hear these prayers. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:groupray: :crossrc: :groupray: :hug: :wave: :)
Jesus, he is newly married, but will leave for Iraq in one month. Lord, I accept and adopt him as another soldier I promise to pray for regularly. Please help him and his newlywed wife to deal with this separation and that the Holy Spirit would strengthen them and help them through the 15mos he will serve our country. Amen. Lord, bring the Holy Spirit into their lives in a new way and help them draw close to You, Lord Jesus, as they are both Christians. Amen.:groupray: :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Snow Angel

Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2005
Montana.
Visit site
✟8,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
attachment.php

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nobella

Jesus Is Lord
Nov 25, 2006
New York
✟27,760.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Today is Sept 11 let us lift up in prayer the families of the victims of this tragic event. The air here in New York is filled with sorrow and tender memories of lost loved ones. Father I ask that you ease their minds and their hearts, let them know that you are forever in control. In Jesus name amen!:groupray:

Also let us never forget what our brave troops are fighting for, God Bless them.

Upvote 0

nollies

Sep 12, 2007
✟7,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I Pray For All Of America That The Lord Shall Bless And Protect You Against The Enemy. Our Fight Is Not Against Men But Against The Enemy In The Spirit World. Therefor Our Weapons Is Not Fleshly But In The Spirit. May The Father Bless You And Everyone Involved In This Earthly And Heavenly War And May Your Children All Turn Back To Truth And Worshop. We Are United In Pryres.

Reactions: JPPT1974
Upvote 0