Prayers for Service Men and Women (2)

humblet

I am not ashamed to be called Christian!
Apr 25, 2007
Eastern U.S.
✟27,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear Father, be with our service men and women today as we remember and celebrate our Independence as one nation, under God. You have been so good to us and poured out so many blessings upon our country. Help us all to realize and remember that this freedom did not come easily. Help us always to always remember the men and women who have fought and who are fighting right now, as well as those who may be called upon in the future. Theirs is not an easy path, and Father I pray that You will be with them every step of the way. If they do not know You, let them. If they feel far away from You, help them to draw near. God, be with them, help them to look to You for every answer and direction. Bless them, comfort them, and keep them safe. In Christ's beautiful name I pray, Amen.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Help our service men and women, Father, during this difficult tiome of violence and war, and Father, please watch out for their children and especially the children whose earthly fathers have paid the ultimate price.

Give them peace and periods of joy and comfort them in their sorrows.

Upvote 0

baruch4

Jun 20, 2007
✟19,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
praying, with tks to the lord our redeemer of the spirit, the soul n the body, in christ jesus name n will.

121:1 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
121:2 My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
121:3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
121:4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
121:5 The LORD is thy keeper: the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand.
121:6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
121:7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
121:8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

amen

Reactions: Nobella
Upvote 0

cory533

Mar 22, 2007
seattle ish
✟8,991.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, please bless Adam and his unit please keep them safe from harm. help them to finnish their mission so they may come home. Please Father let there be a change of heart in Iraq that allows peace to come to the country and spread to the whole region.
thank you Lord.

Upvote 0

PearlsofWisdom

Let Your Glory Come!
Oct 22, 2006
Pahrump, Nevada
✟148,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Please protect and bless all the military service men and women who faithfully protect us and our country. Keep them safely in the shadow of Your wings. Minister to them daily, and give them peace.
Amen.
:groupray: :prayer: :groupray: :prayer: :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

humblet

I am not ashamed to be called Christian!
Apr 25, 2007
Eastern U.S.
✟27,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear Father,

Guide and protect our service men and women, and all those who are fighting to bring peace and freedom. God, I ask that You protect each and every one of them and help them to know and rely on You more and more everyday. Let them feel Your presence, and let them know that they are remembered and lifted in prayer. Comfort them, let them experience Your peace. I pray for their families. Help them to remain hopeful. I pray for those who have lost loved ones because of this controversy. Be with them God, and heal their broken hearts. And I pray for our enemies-all those who wish to destroy us. I pray that their plans will be found out, exposed, and stopped in their tracks. I pray that our enemies, too, would meet Jesus and repent. But overall, Father, I pray that Your will be accomplished, because Your will is perfect and complete and I only see in part. In Christ's awesome name I pray to You, Amen.

Reactions: cory533
Upvote 0

burn97

A Bruised Reed Yet My Gentle King Loves Me Anyway
Aug 19, 2006
Illinois
Visit site
✟35,559.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
O Mighty God, fill these men and woman with peace this night. Let them feel Your Presence Father, let them know Your Ways. My God, surround them in the shadow of Your Wings, where no harm nor evil may prosper. In the Glorious name of Jesus Christ I pray, Amen
:prayer:

Reactions: Nobella
Upvote 0

gloryseven

Contributor
Nov 28, 2006
North American Union (Canada, Mexico, US)
✟22,262.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:groupray: :groupray: :wave: Our country, and all other countries where there is war. Loving Lord, please help people come to a saving knowledge of You and Your salvation. Help people to touch the soldiers lives all over the world, and bring the Good News of Jesus Christ, Savior of the World, by His Death and Resurrection, we have been set free. Amen.

Jesus, thank You for the free gift of Salvation, watch over my life, and my family and protect and guide us until You return again. Amen. Lord, let us dwell with You forever in Paradise, without anymore fear, pain or troubles. Amen.:hug: :holy: :groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

adavis8503

Jul 30, 2007
Alabama
✟15,355.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father God, I just ask for your protection over all the men and women fighting for our freedom. Lord I pray that you will bless them and keep them strong and bring them back home to their families. Lord I also pray for the families who are here at home waiting for their loved ones to return, please give them peace. Lord thank you for all these people who risk their lives each and everyday so that we may be free. God please bless them all. In your precious name, Amen.
:angel:

Upvote 0

nb_christseeker

Jul 3, 2004
✟1,362.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Luk 3:14 And the soldiers likewise asked him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said to them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely, and be content with your wages.

Lord, bless our troops, that they may do violence to no man. God bless America in that way.

Upvote 0

nb_christseeker

Jul 3, 2004
✟1,362.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gill commentary on John the Baptist's instructions to soldiers:
Luk 3:14 - And the soldiers likewise demanded of him,.... Or "asked him": why our translators have rendered it, "demanded of him", I know not, unless they thought that such language best suited persons of a military character. Some think these were Gentile soldiers, since it does not look so likely that the Romans would employ Jews as soldiers in their own country; though it is more probable that they were Jews, in the pay of the Romans, who belonged to Herod, tetrarch of Galilee, or to Philip of Ituraea, whose dominions lay near the place where John was: since it is certain, that there were many of the Jews that betook themselves to a military life; and seeing John instructed them in no part of natural or revealed religion, but what was suitable to their character and employment: for upon these men saying,

what shall we do? to avoid the threatened ruin, and to prove the truth of our repentance, that so we may be admitted to the holy ordinance of baptism; John replied,

do violence to no man; or "shake" him, or put him, into bodily fear, by threatening, hectoring, and bullying him, and drawing the sword upon him, which is usual, upon the least offence, for such persons to do;

neither accuse any falsely, or play the sycophant; who, in order to flatter some, bring malicious accusations against others; and which was a vice that too much prevailed among the Jewish soldiery; who either to curry favour with the Roman officers and governors, would wrongfully accuse their fellow soldiers, or country men, to them; or in order to extort sums of money from them, that they might live in a more luxurious manner than their common pay would admit of: wherefore, it follows,

and be content with your wages; allowed by the government, and do not seek to increase them by any unlawful methods, as by mutiny and sedition, by rebelling against your officers, or by ill usage of the people. The Jewish Rabbins have adopted this word, אפסניא, into their language in the Misnic and Talmudic writings (w): and their gloss explains it by the money, for the soldiers, and the hire of soldiers, as here; and it includes every thing which by the Romans were given to their soldiers for pay, and which was food as well as money.

Upvote 0