Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I hate to ask, but can you guys say a prayer (or two) for rain?

Our family farm is desperately dry. Its been weeks since we've seen any significant rain. My dad literally gave up a couple fields because the soil was too dry either the seeds were just going to sit there or he couldn't even get them in the ground. :(

I guess they're trying to lay irrigation now, but of course nothing is the same as rain water. Not to mention that we have no way of irrigating the vast majority of our crops.

It isn't looking good. And no rain in the forecast.

:crossrc:

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,380.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:prayer: for everyone that needs it right now.
Amen. :crossrc: It's about 105 right now. I went out in the side yard to water some veggies & thought I was going to pass out. The ground crunches under your feet.

Even in the deep woods where they have removed some damaged trees, it's just a dust pile.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

Our family farm is desperately dry. Its been weeks since we've seen any significant rain. My dad literally gave up a couple fields because the soil was too dry either the seeds were just going to sit there or he couldn't even get them in the ground. :(

I guess they're trying to lay irrigation now, but of course nothing is the same as rain water. Not to mention that we have no way of irrigating the vast majority of our crops.

Lord Jesus I pray fir the family and farm of Princess_Ballet. Lord I pray for rain and that you will bless their attempts at irrigation. Thank-you Jesus

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gwendolyn

back in black
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
✟20,680.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
burn ban in my county, too watched a big pop up storm go south of us tonight. Somebody's luck changed, but not ours. I don't think we will have any second cutting hay.

Storms are still trouble when it's dry, though. Lightning can light forest fires :(

Upvote 0

m.a.r.X

Just keep goin !
May 16, 2012
India
✟14,828.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We used to get around 2300mm of rain at this time of the year but the rain is staying away which is very surprising !
There is no floods because of that :) but, as our state depend on the Hydro electric power for 70% of the electricity, our outlook for next summer is terrifying :(
The reservoirs of the dams are running low already and soon we would have to depend more on the polluting and costly coal and natural gas for power :doh:
Not good :o

So, please pray for us too :crossrc:
And yeah, my prayers are with you princess_ballet
:groupray:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Monica02

Senior Veteran
Aug 17, 2004
✟3,547.00
Faith
Catholic
The fireworks for the 4th have been cancelled in my town - it is too dry.

I will pray for rain. I have been watering my little garden every day (twice a day if it is really hot). I fear that food will be really expensive next year, maybe even this fall.

I had to water a bush - I have NEVER seen a bush droop.

Fireworks, my little garden and bush are not nearly as important as the farms - you and all the farmers are in my prayers.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Rain rain, come today - dont you wait another day. :)

Ok, seriously i will pray - we also need some rain too...but preferably tonight and tomorrow but not when we are camping next week. :)

Upvote 0