• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Hannah Smiff

May 30, 2016
Kansas City, mo
✟15,284.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Engaged
My fiancé and I have been together for over a year and have been engaged for about four months. We are not yet married. However, we have struggled with sexual sin quite a bit. I am now 6 weeks pregnant. We have 2 daughters from previous marriages. We do love each other very much and we are completely devoted to raising this child. However I do live in fear that because what we did was a sin that God may cause a miscarriage or an unhealthy baby. I fear God because our sin. I pray for forgiveness. I thank God for this baby every day. And I pray for the health of this baby. Any advice or prayers are greatly appreciated for our family.

Kindnesskellie

Sep 19, 2016
California
✟15,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My fiancé and I have been together for over a year and have been engaged for about four months. We are not yet married. However, we have struggled with sexual sin quite a bit. I am now 6 weeks pregnant. We have 2 daughters from previous marriages. We do love each other very much and we are completely devoted to raising this child. However I do live in fear that because what we did was a sin that God may cause a miscarriage or an unhealthy baby. I fear God because our sin. I pray for forgiveness. I thank God for this baby every day. And I pray for the health of this baby. Any advice or prayers are greatly appreciated for our family.
Hannah,
For Christ there is no 'time'. He lives in and is the past, present, and future. Therefore, when he died on the cross he FORGAVE all sin. At that moment he forgave you of your sins; past, present, and future. So why is it that so many people believe that he is waiting to punish us for our sins when he has already forgiven them? To attribute such fears to God is to belittle what he did on the cross for you. He is not looking to punish you or your child. In fact, he is planning a future of hope for you. 1 John 4:18- "Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear; If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love." Since Christ is perfect love, fear cannot have a place near him. What you are feeling is not from Christ. Your best option is to seek Christ through prayer and worship. Learn to live in his perfect love. Ask him what he wants for your life and for your Child's. When you learn to live in his perfect love, you will want to do what pleases your Heavenly Father and you will begin to see that he is not a God waiting to punish you for sin, but a God who wants to love on you because he is delighted in his child whom he LOVES. Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
God bless you and your baby. I hope you find the peace that Christ offers. Be still and rest in him.

Upvote 0