• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Prayers for my stepdad

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by Michie, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Michie

Michie Human rights begin in the womb. Supporter

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    He goes in to discuss the scan at 1 pm tomorrow.

2. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others

3. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+14,777
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Prayers continue :crosseo:

4. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It was not good news. It has spread all throughout his body. No treatment as chemo could kill him. They are wanting to put a feeding tube in as they are concerned he will starve to death if the cancer does not take him first. He does not have a lot of time. Continued prayers appreciated.

5. Taodeching

Taodeching Well-Known Member

+800
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    I am so sorry, praying

6. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you. Everything is super crazy right now.

7. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    How can you be so exhausted from crying? I’m thinking holding it back and crying later. I don’t know but it’s draining. I’m not an open cryer. I tend to do it out of view. Just popping off my thoughts.

8. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+10,929
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Your reaction is normal. It’s ok to cry. I’ve done the same, Michie. Are you getting care for yourself, too? Are you able to talk to your priest?

9. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    I’m trying. I have been going to church daily to pray, light candles but have not talked to my priest about it. I am going to check on my parents today.

10. anna ~ grace

anna ~ grace Newbie Supporter

+10,929
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Ok, Mich. I’ll offer up a DM Chaplet for you guys this morning. Do try to talk to your priest; get some spiritual help for yourself, too.

11. Praying Rose

Praying Rose Catholic

+103
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I will do the same.

12. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    So we got a call from the doctor. A feeding tube won’t work for various reasons. So they are going to put a stent in where the cancer is in his esophagus to keep it open. The cancer is very aggressive and they fear it will close up and cut off access to his stomach. Continued prayers appreciated.

13. Anhelyna

Anhelyna Handmaid of God CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+14,777
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Be assured of our prayers Michie.
    May I have his first name please [ in our tradition we always use the person's first name ]

14. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    Thank you so much Anhelyna. I truly appreciate it. His name is Tom.

15. Michie

+42,983
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It’s becoming increasingly difficult for him to get anything down. :(

16. Taodeching

Taodeching Well-Known Member

+800
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Oh great Saint Peregrine, you who have been called "The Mighty" and "The Wonder-Worker" because of the numerous miracles which you have obtained from God for those who have had recourse to you. For so many years you bore in your own flesh this cancerous disease that destroys the very fiber of our being, and who had recourse to the source of all grace when the power of man could do no more. You were favored with the vision of Jesus coming down from His Cross to heal your affliction. Ask of God and Our Lady, the cure of Michie's stepdad whom we entrust to you.

Aided in this way by your powerful intercession, we shall sing to God, now and for all eternity, a song of gratitude for His great goodness and mercy. Amen.