Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everyone, I ask that you remember to pray for my one elder sister in the next few days, as I learned of some bad news she received, or potential bad news, rather. She was excited to learn of being pregnant with a third child, it seems, as my sister since her first child definitely always seemed to be of the mothering type who loved having kids around her, which is nice. But I was told today that her visit to the doctor yesterday concerning this did not go well, and it looks as though she may have miscarried (I do not remember the details given to me, but somehow apparently it is not absolutely certain yet). She is sure to find out either way soon, but I imagine that, even with two healthy sons already under her belt, this will still devastate my sister if the third child is lost. I wondered if this might be a bit too personal a thing to share, but nevertheless I was asked to send out a prayer request, for her safety and comfort from God no matter how this situation turns out, to you all, as a few in my family recognize by now that I have a very good group of friends here in this community who care about each others' problems. :)

Reactions: Oliveira1997

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
May she know people care about her and she is not alone, many women go through this kind of turmoil and not know why this happens or arent able express themselves. Rachel cried for the children she couldnt have. God knows how painful it is!

Matthew 2:18

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's horrible. :(

My prayers are with you. I can't even imagine what losing a child through miscarriage is like for any motherly woman.

Hmm... Usually I have something to say, but I don't necessarily know WHAT to say in this case.... Or how to feel about it.

In any case though, you're in my thoughts and you have my prayers bro. That I can do.

Yeah, I do not really know what to feel for her situation, either, not being in her shoes. But it turns out, I just heard, that she will in fact not be able to carry a living child through to birth, so, she must have surgery to remove him/her. She is also feeling very physically ill because of this situation, too. Please everyone pray that she and her immediate family, who I am sure are far more affected by this than anyone else in the family, can get past all this soon enough with as little heartache and physical suffering as possible.

It is a shame, because while I am not heavily involved in my elder sister's life ever since she and I were no longer living in the same house as kids two decades ago (although we do get along), I have noticed that she seems to be a pretty darn good and dutiful mother despite how having an active two and four year-old alone to care for every day must drive most parents crazy, even if they had absolutely no other form of stress in their lives to deal with. Neither she nor her husband and kids deserve this to happen.

Absolutely. I have had close friends go through this and was heartbroken for them. So sorry, @SarahsKnight. I will be praying for them.

I remember seeing a female coworker about my age way back at my first job out of college go through a miscarriage, too, and it would have been her first child. Luckily I saw her again just months ago at my home church and over the seven years or so since the time of her miscarriage, she has gotten well past that and had two more children who really seem to be a blessing to her. I hope generally the same eventual positive outcome happened for your friends who suffered miscarriage, too, Paulie.

Reactions: Paulie079
Upvote 0

RayofSun

Feb 22, 2005
Land of the ice and snow
✟121,331.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah, I do not really know what to feel for her situation, either, not being in her shoes. But it turns out, I just heard, that she will in fact not be able to carry a living child through to birth, so, she must have surgery to remove him/her. She is also feeling very physically ill because of this situation, too. Please everyone pray that she and her immediate family, who I am sure are far more affected by this than anyone else in the family, can get past all this soon enough with as little heartache and physical suffering as possible.

It is a shame, because while I am not heavily involved in my elder sister's life ever since she and I were no longer living in the same house as kids two decades ago (although we do get along), I have noticed that she seems to be a pretty darn good and dutiful mother despite how having an active two and four year-old alone to care for every day must drive most parents crazy, even if they had absolutely no other form of stress in their lives to deal with. Neither she nor her husband and kids deserve this to happen.

Sk I'm so sorry about your sister's loss. I had a friend who miscarried this year, and it was heartbreaking for the couple and so difficult to watch because you feel so powerless. She lost a child, and that is just beyond understanding. So I will definitely be praying for her and all of you.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As far as I know my sister is still in the hospital, and my mother sent her flowers on both our behalves. Please pray that she will be better soon, physically and emotionally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It will take a bit of time, but what I do know is that even unborn children are named in heaven, because the angels always behold their faces. Prayers for you sis and her husband.
Is your sister a christian? Its no less devastating if she is, but she may have assurance that God will bring beauty for ashes and joy for mourning.

Upvote 0

MotherFirefly

May 10, 2016
U.S.
✟43,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I cannot fully understand the pain and sorrow that would come with this situation, but I can imagine it to be truly unbearable... no one deserves to go through something like that.

Your family has my prayers, SK. <3

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I finally called my sister today just to see how she was doing, hoping that simply asking how she is without alluding to the baby loss would be the right approach. It seemed to be, as she seemed mildly happy that I called and at least sounded like she was already doing physically and emotionally better than before the surgery. She at least had the physical energy to go right back to constantly telling my two nephews Santi and Luca to stop doing this and that to annoy her while she was on the phone, like she always has to when the mother of two children below five years of age. Hopefully this is a good sign.:)

Upvote 0