• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

..Prayers for my mum and dad..

T

tannie89

hey all

Well, i dont feel like telling my whole story again, so if you really want to know:
http://www.christianforums.com/t114...my-parents.html
http://www.christianforums.com/t1211547-divorce.html

you know, for the past 2 months (seems like forever) everything seemed ok! no fights or anything. but tonight there was a big argument.
I was so sick of it that i jus locked myself in my room till i was sure the worst was over. hour later saw my mum packing her bag. She'd drank a bit before, so i didnt want to take the chance of her driving. I had to physically force her to stay.
well after what seemed like forever i sat her down and tried to talk some sense into her. she was in really bad shape. it was hard talking to her.. shes so dependant on my father, she seems to think that she is nothing without him. I told her she has to find faith adn strength in herself before she can change anything around her. I know it sounds bad.. but she is a really weak person, emotionally. she isn't christian either..

she seems to think the only way to fix her life is to leave, for good. that means leave us as well. theres financial problems with divorce apparently, meaning we'd have nowhere to live.
i made her promise she wont leave tonight at least.. i feel a bit weak about that, but i was being harsh with the 'tough love' kind of things i said, but i was just trying to put some sense into her.

just put her 2 bed, but im staying up a bit to make sure she doesnt leave, and i hid her suitcase hehe just in case. i dont wan't her to leave... but am i just being selfish if i make her stay?

ahh ive typed too much again, anyway heres my prayer request:
it'd be great if some of you could pray along with me :)
Lord i pray for peace with my parents. I pray that you give them the spirit of reconciliation. I pray my mother finds strength and faith in herself, and that my father finds compassion and empathy. Thy will be done lord.
I pray that out of this, at the very least, they find faith and a thirst for you.
I pray that whatever happens is for the best, and that i can see my parents smile again.
INJC amen

thank you
marcus

Angel_Delight

Reach For Heaven
Feb 2, 2005
England, UK
✟22,411.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
tannie89 said:
ahh ive typed too much again, anyway heres my prayer request:
it'd be great if some of you could pray along with me :)
Lord i pray for peace with my parents. I pray that you give them the spirit of reconciliation. I pray my mother finds strength and faith in herself, and that my father finds compassion and empathy. Thy will be done lord.
I pray that out of this, at the very least, they find faith and a thirst for you.
I pray that whatever happens is for the best, and that i can see my parents smile again.
INJC amen

thank you
marcus

:amen:

You sound like a really caring son :thumbsup: I hope things at home improve for you :hug:

Upvote 0