✟8,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the website so I apologize if I didn’t post this in the right forum.

I need prayers for my marriage. I need intervention. Have you ever gotten to the point where you know you are not in control ONLY the Lord can work, that’s where I am.

My husband and I have only been married for 7 months and it has been SO tough but also so so wonderful. We recently moved into a new home and in the process of moving had a huge fight. Things got physical between the two of us. Not like broken bones/bruising/hospital bad but still bad in a way that I would have never thought would happen between us.

let me start by saying first I 100% recognize my fault in the argument (which of course started with something so small - how to unpack the kitchen). But y’all the thing is it doesn’t matter now who was wrong or who was right. Things got heated and messed up and we are beyond a simple apology. Now, my husband wants a divorce and I absolutely do not.

I want to beat this. I want to be with him in 60+ years if we are both still alive. I want to learn to communicate better. To go to counseling and actually work on our marriage. I meant it when I said till death do us part.

Things are so dark right now. He doesn’t want to talk and I’ll give him all the space he needs as long as I don’t have to sign those papers.

Please pray. God brought us together for a reason and I want to live out that purpose with him.

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There will be many disagreements in the years to come. Father God, I pray that this couple will grow stronger and stronger, and this marriage will survive all the disagreements, and differences, and that this couple will be together till they are old and gray. I pray that You will soften the husband's heart so he may forgive his wife, and she may forgive him if any need be said. May they both learn to communicate better with each other, and handle disagreements in a peaceful manner and may neither go to bed angry with one another. Peace, I ask for peace upon this marriage, and lots of love to see it through, In Jesus Name, Amen

It's obvious you don't want a divorce. If you want your husband go to him and tell him that you love him, and are sorry, and want to be with him in 60+years, till death do you part. That is sweet and all the best for you both.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hello Everyone,

I’m new to the website so I apologize if I didn’t post this in the right forum.

I need prayers for my marriage. I need intervention. Have you ever gotten to the point where you know you are not in control ONLY the Lord can work, that’s where I am.

My husband and I have only been married for 7 months and it has been SO tough but also so so wonderful. We recently moved into a new home and in the process of moving had a huge fight. Things got physical between the two of us. Not like broken bones/bruising/hospital bad but still bad in a way that I would have never thought would happen between us.

let me start by saying first I 100% recognize my fault in the argument (which of course started with something so small - how to unpack the kitchen).

Arguments don't excuse violence! EVER!

But y’all the thing is it doesn’t matter now who was wrong or who was right. Things got heated and messed up and we are beyond a simple apology. Now, my husband wants a divorce and I absolutely do not.

I want to beat this. I want to be with him in 60+ years if we are both still alive. I want to learn to communicate better. To go to counseling and actually work on our marriage. I meant it when I said till death do us part.

Things are so dark right now. He doesn’t want to talk and I’ll give him all the space he needs as long as I don’t have to sign those papers.

Please pray. God brought us together for a reason and I want to live out that purpose with him.

I will pray. If this ever occurs again, you need to separate. But before that happens you need to get counseling.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟164,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord we pray for helpisontheway88. Please help her. Bring reconciliation and forgiveness over whatever happened. That he'd realize his faults too. For brokenness. For peace and healing. That they get godly counsel and advise. Don't let the devil take advantage of what happened. Bless their new home as only you can. In Jesus name, Amen

Upvote 0

ZaneHe

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
College Station
✟75,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Heavenly Father, @helpisontheway88 is having a marriage problem. I pray You to let her husband calm down and think about their warm love experience in the past. Do not let him make a decision he may regret in the future. I also pray @helpisontheway88 understands only You can help us in everything in life including marriage and gets closer to You. May she make a good and beautiful testimony to her husband in the future. God, we put everything in Your hands and ask for mercy and love from You. All glory to You. I pray in Jesus name, Amen!

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,339.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If you get physical in confrontation perhaps that means you and your husband need to develop some social skills for dealing with conflict. Really most anyone can improve in those ways. I would search out places like Focus on the Family for marriage resources on how to deal with problems and prevent them. Maybe give them a call for advice. Some of their books and tapes may be at your local library and/or cheap used on Amazon.

Just wanting to do better doesn't seem enough. You need to develop skills for how to cope with the inevitable differences that will come up.

Probably You Tube, and other places on the net, has a ton of videos on how to deal with issues without being confrontational.

I always remember a research study. Some researchers spent much time in the homes of married couples, trying to find out why some did well and some did not. Their conclusion was so simple, but important. They said in the happy marriages the wife had a "gentle onset" in dealing with a problem - i.e. anger will be counter productive - and that the husband treated his wife with respect.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Encourage everyone to watch "Marriage Today" on Daystar. (Sundays).

Plus their website marriagetoday.com/category/tv-episodes/ has probably 60 free episodes including "What a man really needs" and 'What a woman really needs" by Jimmy Evan's ministries. All teachings are Biblically based. Plus there's books, videos, etc. He was recently interviewed on Joni: Table Table for 4 sessions about his book "The Four Laws of Love." Think those can still be viewed.

There's hundreds on youtube.

Last edited:
Upvote 0