Prayers for my husband's aunt. She is dying.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Prayers said for her :liturgy:
I hope she's a Christian and if so may I remind you just how blessed one are to die during holy week and perhaps even in the holy Triduum.
If I could choose when I'd die (not year and such, but day) then I'd choose Good Friday, what a honor it is to die on the same day as the Lord.

:crossrc:

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well she is still with us. We have passed the 24 hour mark. Her breathing is getting more and more shallow. She has that awful death rattle that happens and is spiking a fever. That's normal for the process. She is being kept comfortable with medication. Continued prayers appreciated. Everyone is just so tired. And @Matteus, she is a Catholic Christian. So that's a blessing. :)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well she is still with us. We have passed the 24 hour mark. Her breathing is getting more and more shallow. She has that awful death rattle that happens and is spiking a fever. That's normal for the process. She is being kept comfortable with medication. Continued prayers appreciated. Everyone is just so tired. And @Matteus, she is a Catholic Christian. So that's a blessing. :)

That's a blessing, may God grant her eternal peace in heaven. Amen.
:liturgy:

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟293,971.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
The death rattle is not necessarily a sign of any particular discomfort just so you know.
It sounds horrible, but most of the time there's no reason to assume it affects the individual in a negative way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums