Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just got the dreaded call, my grandmother has 2 days at most left to live. i got cousins who are taking the road in the snow storm to go see her. it's more difficult for me because i live at least 10 hour drive away, on a good day. i dunno if i should rush, hoping to catch her last breath or wait for funerals :(

would appreciate prayers that God may grand her eternal peace. our family has been divided and some haven't talked much in a long time... may this also be a time of reconciliation and healing for the family.

thanks

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
made it back home this afternoon after a long night on the train. good thing we were able to get tickets for thursday's train. otherwise we wouldn't have made it in time.

thank you very much to all that prayed. my prayers on the train were that we'd get there in time. when i got there, i found out that they were waiting for me to arrive in order to ask for the priest to come administer her the last sacraments. i was upset that they'd played with her life like that but i didn't make much of a fuss about it. i just got on to praying for her right away.

i did the Divine Mercy Chaplet, a few other prayers and then the rosary. just as i finished saying the last words of the rosary, the priest showed up!

i have an other tidbit to share but i must feed the kids and get them in bed for school tomorrow first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I await the update. *hugs*

thanks Michie :hug:

while i was praying, i placed my scapular on my grand mother. in between prayers, one of my cousins asked what it was. so i described it for him and in that processed, realized there was a little image of blessed Dina Belanger tucked with it. it was an image that a previous priest of our parish had given me, along with a medal of her. he was hoping she would get canonized some day and wanted to encourage devotion to her.

when i said who's image it was, my mom chimed in right away that my grand-mother had received a healing from her intercession many years ago. i guess my grand mother had gone to the convent Dina had founded to visit one of her aunts who was a nun there and went to pray by Dina's remains.

i had totally forgotten about placing the image with my scapular there over 1 year or 2 ago. and had no clue there was a connection between her and my grand mother but it looks like God wanted it that way for some reason.

in the afternoon, my grand mother's breathing started getting more difficult. i would've liked to stay all the way but with 2 young kids at a hospital, 7 hours is already quite a feat. so we headed to the place where we'd stay for the night to eat and relax some. a few hours later we got a call that she had passed away. she passed away maybe half an hour after she was able to hear the voice on the phone of one of her son who was on a trip at the other end of the continent.

i didn't get to see my grand mother's last lucid moment, although she was able to open her eyes a bit. but i thank God that my aunt made it and had some lucid moments with her to reconcile after not talking for about 20 years.

i think, given all the circumstances, it went as well as it could. so again, thank you all for your prayers :hug::hug::hug: may her soul now rest with Our Lord.

Upvote 0

Feisty_Angel

Please pray for us - Much Needed Rain !!
May 13, 2006
So. California
✟13,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
prayers3.jpg

And all your family. May God rest her soul.

:hug:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,449.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
thanks Michie :hug:

while i was praying, i placed my scapular on my grand mother. in between prayers, one of my cousins asked what it was. so i described it for him and in that processed, realized there was a little image of blessed Dina Belanger tucked with it. it was an image that a previous priest of our parish had given me, along with a medal of her. he was hoping she would get canonized some day and wanted to encourage devotion to her.

when i said who's image it was, my mom chimed in right away that my grand-mother had received a healing from her intercession many years ago. i guess my grand mother had gone to the convent Dina had founded to visit one of her aunts who was a nun there and went to pray by Dina's remains.

i had totally forgotten about placing the image with my scapular there over 1 year or 2 ago. and had no clue there was a connection between her and my grand mother but it looks like God wanted it that way for some reason.

in the afternoon, my grand mother's breathing started getting more difficult. i would've liked to stay all the way but with 2 young kids at a hospital, 7 hours is already quite a feat. so we headed to the place where we'd stay for the night to eat and relax some. a few hours later we got a call that she had passed away. she passed away maybe half an hour after she was able to hear the voice on the phone of one of her son who was on a trip at the other end of the continent.

i didn't get to see my grand mother's last lucid moment, although she was able to open her eyes a bit. but i thank God that my aunt made it and had some lucid moments with her to reconcile after not talking for about 20 years.

i think, given all the circumstances, it went as well as it could. so again, thank you all for your prayers :hug::hug::hug: may her soul now rest with Our Lord.
It seems to me that God confirmed a few things for you. I know you were not there when she left this world to the next but it sounds to me that your actions & presence were very important.

I'm sure your Grandmother will be looking out for you here. These things do not go unnoticed. :)

May God continually bless you & grant you peace. *hugs*

Upvote 0