Pittsburgh
✟15,164.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My dad lost his job almost 2 months ago and has yet to find a new one. However, God has been AMAZING during this difficult time! We couldn't afford to have our furnace checked for this winter and out of the blue, the man that normally checks our furnace did the complete inspection for free! We also had to cancel our order for firewood after my dad lost his job and yesterday (again out of the blue) the man who we buy our firewood from just stopped at our house with firewood for our family for the winter so we can heat our house!

You might think my family is completely losing it but please, bear with me with this next part. Last week while my mother was praying, God spoke to her and told her of a job opening for my dad with a very large ministry and that my dad needed to apply for the job now. My mom told my dad but they both didn't really do anything about it until last weekend. Everytime my mom was praying she would hear this voice and it would always tell her the same thing about this job. It would even wake her up in the middle of the night. So finally this weekend, my mom looked this particular ministry's job listings up and wouldn't you know, my dad's exact position and exact job description that he used to have before he lost his job was listed. (I have to point out that job opportunities for my dad's particular job are EXTREMELY rare and they don't just happen every day.) As my dad was praying about this on Sunday, he asked God, "I've never been in this kind of business, why would they hire me? What would I even be selling?" As soon as he said that, he heard the same voice and it said, "You'd be selling salvation."

I'm just asking for continued prayer for my dad and my family and that God continue to guide my family in the direction that he wants us to go. And also many many many thanks to God for his wonderful blessings and the amazing acts of friendship that have been bestowed on my family during this time. :amen:

LadyMarion52

Veteran
May 13, 2007
Gulf Coast of MS
✟9,367.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My dad lost his job almost 2 months ago and has yet to find a new one. However, God has been AMAZING during this difficult time! We couldn't afford to have our furnace checked for this winter and out of the blue, the man that normally checks our furnace did the complete inspection for free! We also had to cancel our order for firewood after my dad lost his job and yesterday (again out of the blue) the man who we buy our firewood from just stopped at our house with firewood for our family for the winter so we can heat our house!

You might think my family is completely losing it but please, bear with me with this next part. Last week while my mother was praying, God spoke to her and told her of a job opening for my dad with a very large ministry and that my dad needed to apply for the job now. My mom told my dad but they both didn't really do anything about it until last weekend. Everytime my mom was praying she would hear this voice and it would always tell her the same thing about this job. It would even wake her up in the middle of the night. So finally this weekend, my mom looked this particular ministry's job listings up and wouldn't you know, my dad's exact position and exact job description that he used to have before he lost his job was listed. (I have to point out that job opportunities for my dad's particular job are EXTREMELY rare and they don't just happen every day.) As my dad was praying about this on Sunday, he asked God, "I've never been in this kind of business, why would they hire me? What would I even be selling?" As soon as he said that, he heard the same voice and it said, "You'd be selling salvation."

I'm just asking for continued prayer for my dad and my family and that God continue to guide my family in the direction that he wants us to go. And also many many many thanks to God for his wonderful blessings and the amazing acts of friendship that have been bestowed on my family during this time. :amen:
Honey hang in there. It's so hard to face financial difficulties especially when you are alone but you have your family. I am so thankful that God has moved on your behalf so much. I pray that things continue to open up for you and your family. May He bless you all in every way. God bless Lady Marion

PS my prays and thoughts are with you.....

Upvote 0

Ephesians4

Senior Veteran
Sep 26, 2007
www.prayerandsupport.com
Visit site
✟21,923.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father in Heaven, we come to you right before the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, thanking You for all that You have done in Soccergal48's family's life. Please continue to provide for them. Guide and direct them. Give them wisdom. Please let many people come to know Jesus as a result of the humble submission of this family to Your will. Draw them close to You and deepen their walk with You. We love You so much and ask all these things in Your Son Jesus' precious name, Amen.

Upvote 0

torchbearer

Veteran
Oct 11, 2007
South Africa
✟16,675.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Lord, thank you, thank you for how you open doors and how you guide us. Heavenly Father we ask for your assistance for this family in their time of need. Lord Jesus, they wish to serve you, they only worship you. Lord Jesus, we give thanks and may we humble ourselves at all time to your word and to your commands. Lord Jesus, continue to bless this family and deliver them through their tribulation. May they constantly seek your Kingdom and righteousness. Amen.

Upvote 0