Prayers for Metropolitans Paul Yazigi & Youhanna Ibrahim who were KIDNAPPED..

Damaris

May 15, 2015
✟8,728.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Strangely enough - I don't have access to the Antiochian Official Website over here.

I do normally trust the BBC News - and do my best to pass on what information I get.

I apologise for raising false hopes

Just don't bite my head off if I am in error . Funnily enough I'm as human as you and I can err

Reactions: nestoj
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks G! For some reason my browser didn't show this post so I didn't see you had already posted the correct information. Sorry about repeating it.
Not a problem, sis. Didn't even notice what you mentioned on repeating till you pointed it out. So long as othere are aware of premature facts being released on the kidnapped, that's all that matters

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kidnapped Syrian bishops' whereabouts remain unclear

Confusion surrounds the whereabouts of two Orthodox bishops kidnapped in Syria on Monday, but who were said to have been freed on Tuesday.

There were reports that the two men, Yohanna Ibrahim and Boulos Yaziji, were back in the city of Aleppo.

But other sources with links to the bishops have told the BBC this is not so and their families are still worried about their whereabouts.

BBC News - Kidnapped Syrian bishops' whereabouts remain unclear

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Confusion surrounds the whereabouts of two Orthodox bishops kidnapped in Syria on Monday, but who were said to have been freed on Tuesday.

There were reports that the two men, Yohanna Ibrahim and Boulos Yaziji, were back in the city of Aleppo.

But other sources with links to the bishops have told the BBC this is not so and their families are still worried about their whereabouts.

Something that really stood out to me recently - as another wisely noted (for brief excerpt) in Missing: Does anyone care? :
If an Orthodox bishop is kidnapped on a humanitarian mission, and the American press ignores it, did it happen? If a second Orthodox bishop is kidnapped while on a mission of mercy, and the American government is slow to respond, did it happen? Sadly, the answer to both questions is “yes, two Christian bishops were kidnapped in Syria even if American Christian have remained oblivious.” One of the bishops is Metropolitan Paul (Yazigi), brother of my Antiochian Patriarch, John X. The other is the Syriac Archbishop Youhanna Ibrahim.

American Christians often forget that the Middle East contains hundreds of thousands of Christians. The Christian liturgy is said in Arabic across the Middle East and Damascus (Syria) is the headquarters of the Patriarchate of Antioch. During the civil war raging in the country, Orthodox bishops have given relief to people who are hurting of every religion. And yet these Christians remain forgotten

For more:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Came across this recently and my heart was discouraged - but agreeing with others wishing to pray that this doesn't happen, if it has yet to occur:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟135,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Gxg (G²);63878101 said:
Praise the Lord for the news...although can be it verified by other sources to be certain?
Both articles mention an Iranian paper, but I've not yet checked it (can't read Persian) or other sources.

Upvote 0