United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone,

I have OCD where I keep having repetitive thoughts and I can't help it. I was going to therapy up until just recently and will be starting ERP therapy in June to help with my OCD when I get on my husband's insurance. Previously he wouldn't stop talking to one of my best friends who he had gotten close with who is a woman. After politing talking with the both of them about healthy martial boundaries my now former best friend decided to send us both an email where she expressed her guilt and jealousy along with acting very manipulative in the message which this really is a repeat occurrence from months ago. Included in this was telling my husband who has aspbergers (sp?) that it was time for the both of us to tell her go as painful as it is and he became angry with me. At my work previously I actually ran from it to a different department and was later sent back to work at the crisis center with my mentally unstable supervisors who treated me with cruelty along with coworkers who blamed me for thier behavior because they didn't want to deal with thier behavior either. Here is my back story to what I'm going through. Any prayer, godly counsel, Christian advice is highly appreciated. My husband and I will be discussing this with our marriage mentors this Wednesday and I'm very anxious about it all.

I'm honestly struggling right now with ruminating, having flashbacks, and projecting things will happen again.
I keep fearing that things will go downhill again at work. From what I have experienced I can't trust anyone there when it comes to looking for a new youth job. I'm glad that one of my best friends wants to help me to find a city job. I remembered that she tried finding me one before, but then I also love what I do at the teen crisis center, so it was tough since I also wanted to stay there. The tough part about that though was my supervisors and the rest of my coworkers turning on me and blaming me for the main supervisor's angry behavior that we all can't control. I also keep remembering that I can't trust my coworkers. I can't trust the assistant supervisor with telling her that she can just tell me and others no since she misused it and I couldn't handle it either. It really limited my windows of time and energy to do certain chores. I also realized back then that I couldn't trust my husband, former best friend, or myself with telling him about the final conversation that I had with her. He ended up feeling bad and so did I and I doubted which I shouldn't have since it led to more trouble for us all and lead us right back to a similar situation again. I really don't want to face the same issues again, I just can't. It is driving me crazy thinking of these things over and over again and I really wish that these thoughts would just stop. I keep having these thoughts in the morning and they are disrupting my sleep and peace. I wish that I had people and loved ones around me that I can trust.

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I was diagnosed with OCD, PTSD, Agoraphobia, and Panic Disorder at the University of Southern California over forty years ago.

You are not alone. I am living proof that you can and will get past this as I did. I will be praying for you! God Bless you!

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was diagnosed with OCD, PTSD, Agoraphobia, and Panic Disorder at the University of Southern California over forty years ago.

You are not alone. I am living proof that you can and will get past this as I did. I will be praying for you! God Bless you!

Hello Margot

Thank you for your encouragement and connecting with me. I also have PTSD and panic attacks. I also have ADHD. I had one of the worst "fire storms" I have had in awhile this morning and was about to start crying on my way to work today. Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone in this and for praying. I'm praying for you as well.

Upvote 0

DaveHTexas

Dec 23, 2016
League City, TX
✟39,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sister, know you do have someone in your life that you can trust no matter what, and he will always be there for you, and that is our Lord Jesus CHrist.

Please understand this is on ME, and not you, but I right now I am struggling to understand your post. My own mind is a mess from just fatigue, so please forgive me if I am not getting the idea right.

It sounds to me like your workplace is a psychologically toxic place for you. And if it is just a place where you get torn down, and not brought closer to God, then as painful and difficult as it may be, no matter how much you like the work or need the income, your health and relationship with God is much more important.

Please, for your sake, as well as others, and I am only guessing here because I don't know you, but rely on Gods grace and be sure the problems are as you perceive them, and if they are, find a new job and go, if they aren't seek out a good, experienced CHRISTIAN counselor that can help sort out perspective.

Please understand I am not trying to judge here, I am only trhowing out what worked for me and my own struggles that are different from yours, but not too far off the mark...

Most importantly stick to God, find peace in his word.

Upvote 0

Heartofsilver

Bride of Christ 4/8/17 Isaiah 54:5
Site Supporter
Jun 16, 2016
California
✟139,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sister, know you do have someone in your life that you can trust no matter what, and he will always be there for you, and that is our Lord Jesus CHrist.

Please understand this is on ME, and not you, but I right now I am struggling to understand your post. My own mind is a mess from just fatigue, so please forgive me if I am not getting the idea right.

It sounds to me like your workplace is a psychologically toxic place for you. And if it is just a place where you get torn down, and not brought closer to God, then as painful and difficult as it may be, no matter how much you like the work or need the income, your health and relationship with God is much more important.

Please, for your sake, as well as others, and I am only guessing here because I don't know you, but rely on Gods grace and be sure the problems are as you perceive them, and if they are, find a new job and go, if they aren't seek out a good, experienced CHRISTIAN counselor that can help sort out perspective.

Please understand I am not trying to judge here, I am only trhowing out what worked for me and my own struggles that are different from yours, but not too far off the mark...

Most importantly stick to God, find peace in his word.

Hello Dave,

Thank you for reaching out and for the encouragement. That is true that I can trust in Jesus though sometimes I do struggle with that. I keep trying to remind myself that he will not leave nor forsake me.

Thank you, you are fine. I know that my main supervisor does try to have devotional time with Christian staff which includes me. Unfortunately in some meetings he gets so angry that he will start yelling, blaming, and putting down us staff. It is disheartening and very unprofessional. He does apologize usually, but it can be tough to take the verbal abuse at times.

Thank is true, I was seeing a Christian counselor and she suggested taking some issues to HR with the supervisor's assistant which I did and talks were done. Things have been smoother since with the assistant actually. Yes, Jesus most importantly. I keep trying to seek Him and godly counsel from friends including my husband. So far, I have had a couple people suggest getting different youth work/ministry.

Upvote 0

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Dave,

Thank you for reaching out and for the encouragement. That is true that I can trust in Jesus though sometimes I do struggle with that. I keep trying to remind myself that he will not leave nor forsake me.

Thank you, you are fine. I know that my main supervisor does try to have devotional time with Christian staff which includes me. Unfortunately in some meetings he gets so angry that he will start yelling, blaming, and putting down us staff. It is disheartening and very unprofessional. He does apologize usually, but it can be tough to take the verbal abuse at times.

Thank is true, I was seeing a Christian counselor and she suggested taking some issues to HR with the supervisor's assistant which I did and talks were done. Things have been smoother since with the assistant actually. Yes, Jesus most importantly. I keep trying to seek Him and godly counsel from friends including my husband. So far, I have had a couple people suggest getting different youth work/ministry.
HeartofSilver, It is unlawful where I work, to abuse someone with words or actions. If someone in my workplace yelled at any of us, HR would be called and that person would be put on alert to either change the attitude or work elsewhere. Sometimes holding people accountable for their actions is the right thing to do. If we tolerate abuse, it's implied consent for the abuser to continue. No paycheck is worth being mistreated.
I'll keep praying for you! God Bless you!!!!!

Upvote 0

Margot Lugo

Apr 14, 2022
Chatsworth, CA
✟18,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Margot

Thank you for your encouragement and connecting with me. I also have PTSD and panic attacks. I also have ADHD. I had one of the worst "fire storms" I have had in awhile this morning and was about to start crying on my way to work today. Thank you for letting me know that I am not alone in this and for praying. I'm praying for you as well.
HeartofSilver, I'm just catching up to let you know you've been on my mind, and in the heart of my prayer! Breath plays a wonderful part in stopping the firestorm. I breathe slowly into my nose and slowly out of my mouth. God's blessing for your speedy recovery. It truly gets better!

Upvote 0