Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
David. Passed three years ago. Though he was not a believer, he encouraged me to become a Christian as I wished, during his dying months. As he approached death I prayed holding his hand. All his life he had been atheist. But shortly before death he began reciting the Lord's Prayer with me. I urged him to make peace with God. I hope privately he did so. He was by nature a stubborn arrogant man but also an intelligent honourable one. I miss him.
Please pray with me for his soul to be with God. It's been three years, is it too late? I loved him, I still pray for him.

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Too late or not, that's a decision made by God, who works beyond silly time constraints that we feeble humans tend to get hung up on.
Definitely praying for this man; he sounds honorable indeed. It's great that he encouraged you into a faith he didn't believe in; says a lot about his character.
God rest his soul.

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

blogmehameha

Apr 21, 2018
Georgia
✟18,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
David. Passed three years ago. Though he was not a believer, he encouraged me to become a Christian as I wished, during his dying months. As he approached death I prayed holding his hand. All his life he had been atheist. But shortly before death he began reciting the Lord's Prayer with me. I urged him to make peace with God. I hope privately he did so. He was by nature a stubborn arrogant man but also an intelligent honourable one. I miss him.
Please pray with me for his soul to be with God. It's been three years, is it too late? I loved him, I still pray for him.

Praying for both you and your husband. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Too late or not, that's a decision made by God, who works beyond silly time constraints that we feeble humans tend to get hung up on.
Definitely praying for this man; he sounds honorable indeed. It's great that he encouraged you into a faith he didn't believe in; says a lot about his character.
God rest his soul.
What kindness you have. You don't know it but he was a most honourable man. His word was his bond. I could trust him, ivloved him. I do hope he is with God now.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I had a very sad dream last night and woke crying. Rare for me as i don't usually remember dreams.
David was in a cave and i on the outside. He was thin and weak as i remember. But smartly dressed. It was him his mannerisms. They were about to roll a stone across the mouth of the cave and he would die there alone. I could not help him. He turned to look at me and it broke my heart as i waved goodbye. The stone was put in place. I woke crying.
I miss him so much. What did this dream mean - 3 and a half years after his death? Apart from my broken heart and the grief that still remains?
Pray for him and me. If he is not in heaven then please Lord Jesus lift him up and take him to you.
No matter how much we move on, we don't stop loving and caring. That is the unbreakable bond.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Dreams are just a reflection of what we are feeling in our awake conscientiousness. Sometimes it shows us unresolved fears and issues that need to be addressed.

1) " I could not help him." That's powerlessness.

2) " I do hope he is with God now." Fear. Its the fear that he is not "saved"

This is rhetorical, you need to ask yourself why is it so important to me that I know that God has accepted him? You may be unwillingly holding on to this and it is not letting you get through the final stages of grieving. I would highly encourage you to find other widows and lean on them for understanding and wisdom. There may even be an online forum if you cant find people in your area.

1. SHOCK & DENIAL-
    You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once. This may last for weeks.
  2. PAIN & GUILT-
    As the shock wears off, it is replaced with the suffering of unbelievable pain. Although excruciating and almost unbearable, it is important that you experience the pain fully, and not hide it, avoid it or escape from it with alcohol or drugs.

You may have guilty feelings or remorse over things you did or didn't do with your loved one. Life feels chaotic and scary during this phase.
  3. ANGER & BARGAINING-
    Frustration gives way to anger, and you may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for the death on someone else. Please try to control this, as permanent damage to your relationships may result. This is a time for the release of bottled up emotion.

You may rail against fate, questioning "Why me?" You may also try to bargain in vain with the powers that be for a way out of your despair ("I will never drink again if you just bring him back")
  4. "DEPRESSION", REFLECTION, LONELINESS-
    Just when your friends may think you should be getting on with your life, a long period of sad reflection will likely overtake you. This is a normal stage of grief, so do not be "talked out of it" by well-meaning outsiders. Encouragement from others is not helpful to you during this stage of grieving.

During this time, you finally realize the true magnitude of your loss, and it depresses you. You may isolate yourself on purpose, reflect on things you did with your lost one, and focus on memories of the past. You may sense feelings of emptiness or despair.

5. THE UPWARD TURN-
    As you start to adjust to life without your dear one, your life becomes a little calmer and more organized. Your physical symptoms lessen, and your "depression" begins to lift slightly.
  6. RECONSTRUCTION & WORKING THROUGH-
    As you become more functional, your mind starts working again, and you will find yourself seeking realistic solutions to problems posed by life without your loved one. You will start to work on practical and financial problems and reconstructing yourself and your life without him or her.
  7. ACCEPTANCE & HOPE-
    During this, the last of the seven stages in this grief model, you learn to accept and deal with the reality of your situation. Acceptance does not necessarily mean instant happiness. Given the pain and turmoil you have experienced, you can never return to the carefree, untroubled YOU that existed before this tragedy. But you will find a way forward.

You will start to look forward and actually plan things for the future. Eventually, you will be able to think about your lost loved one without pain; sadness, yes, but the wrenching pain will be gone. You will once again anticipate some good times to come, and yes, even find joy again in the experience of living.

You have made it through the 7 stages of grief.

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Remember that it is written: " I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

Since God is beyond time and space and neither death or life have affect on him, that verse can apply to those that have passed. At some point you are just going to have to trust God and his perfect decisions whether they are with or against what we want. Ultimately in our hearts, acceptance truly comes when we say: Not my will but thy will be done. Also, "My acceptance is in direct proportion to my serenity"

Reactions: Grace2022
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Remember that it is written: " I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

Since God is beyond time and space and neither death or life have affect on him, that verse can apply to those that have passed. At some point you are just going to have to trust God and his perfect decisions whether they are with or against what we want. Ultimately in our hearts, acceptance truly comes when we say: Not my will but thy will be done. Also, "My acceptance is in direct proportion to my serenity"

I accept Gods will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow. I posted this topic 3 years ago. Yet my grief and feeling are the same. I loved him and i still pray for his soul. Our Lord is merciful. I hope where true love has existed on earth, we can be together again in eternal heaven. I can but pray.

Upvote 0