New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. A true warrior will never stop fighting no matter what the circumstances. Fight on, Marine, fight on. He is an inspiration to me, that's for sure. We are heading out on our first big mission since being back in country tomorrow, and as Commanding Officer of Echo Co. 3/23rd, I say this mission will be in honor of Msgt Tim Love. And we are going to get some, you better believe that. Prayers this morning for Tim and his family, the medical staff and all involved. Msgt Rudolph, Ssgt Morrow, Sgt Oliver and Sgt Clemens would also like to extend their thoughts and prayers to the situation. These are all guys who have worked with Tim over the years, and this tragedy is very close to all of our hearts. We were all sitting around talking about Tim yesterday, and between all of our stories, humorous or otherwise, we came to one conclusion- Msgt Love was probably the best Marine, the best friend, and had the biggest heart of anyone we had ever known. Whenever I think of Tim, personally, I think of the man who was as fierce and intense as Chesty Puller in battle, but had the heart of a carebear when he was with his family and friends or out on the street. When we were stationed together we frequently went hunting, fishing, climbing or whatever on our days off. It was always a chore getting to wherever we were going because Tim was the guy who would stop for every single broken down car or hitchiker or bum begging for money (unless Jen was with him). He never passed up an opportunity to help someone in need. And he would talk to anyone and everyone he passed on the street. The man could strike up a conversation with a tree! That was just the way he was. Whenever we went out to eat, he would always leave a tip that was equal to or greater than the cost of the meal. It never failed. It's not like he was making much money himself, he just liked to brighten peoples' days like that. He was always respectful, he was always kind, he was always cool-headed and even-tempered. If someone would cut him off while driving or do something else that in my mind would constitute flipping the bird or yelling every word in the book, he'd just let it go and move on. He told me, "why waste your time on worrying about something so stupid and unimportant?" He said that person cutting him off doesn't affect more than two minutes of his entire life. Why worry about it? He just didn't let things get to him. He didn't let people walk on him by any means, but he didn't sweat the small stuff. I really admired that in him. He was and IS a great guy. I wish all of this never happened to him. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and change what happened or at least get to spend just another day with him. I know I can't, but I wish I could. He didn't deserve any of this. It couldn't have happened to a better man. It makes me sad, especially for his family. I pray for them all the time. I pray for a miracle, especially now. Please Lord make it happen.

Thank you for this beautiful testament to Tim's Godly character and ways, Dan. :)

Still praying for TR and Jen and the children.

Upvote 0

Ariel

Servant
Apr 4, 2004
West Texas
✟77,274.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. A true warrior will never stop fighting no matter what the circumstances. Fight on, Marine, fight on. He is an inspiration to me, that's for sure. We are heading out on our first big mission since being back in country tomorrow, and as Commanding Officer of Echo Co. 3/23rd, I say this mission will be in honor of Msgt Tim Love. And we are going to get some, you better believe that. Prayers this morning for Tim and his family, the medical staff and all involved. Msgt Rudolph, Ssgt Morrow, Sgt Oliver and Sgt Clemens would also like to extend their thoughts and prayers to the situation. These are all guys who have worked with Tim over the years, and this tragedy is very close to all of our hearts. We were all sitting around talking about Tim yesterday, and between all of our stories, humorous or otherwise, we came to one conclusion- Msgt Love was probably the best Marine, the best friend, and had the biggest heart of anyone we had ever known. Whenever I think of Tim, personally, I think of the man who was as fierce and intense as Chesty Puller in battle, but had the heart of a carebear when he was with his family and friends or out on the street. When we were stationed together we frequently went hunting, fishing, climbing or whatever on our days off. It was always a chore getting to wherever we were going because Tim was the guy who would stop for every single broken down car or hitchiker or bum begging for money (unless Jen was with him). He never passed up an opportunity to help someone in need. And he would talk to anyone and everyone he passed on the street. The man could strike up a conversation with a tree! That was just the way he was. Whenever we went out to eat, he would always leave a tip that was equal to or greater than the cost of the meal. It never failed. It's not like he was making much money himself, he just liked to brighten peoples' days like that. He was always respectful, he was always kind, he was always cool-headed and even-tempered. If someone would cut him off while driving or do something else that in my mind would constitute flipping the bird or yelling every word in the book, he'd just let it go and move on. He told me, "why waste your time on worrying about something so stupid and unimportant?" He said that person cutting him off doesn't affect more than two minutes of his entire life. Why worry about it? He just didn't let things get to him. He didn't let people walk on him by any means, but he didn't sweat the small stuff. I really admired that in him. He was and IS a great guy. I wish all of this never happened to him. I wish I could turn back the hands of time and change what happened or at least get to spend just another day with him. I know I can't, but I wish I could. He didn't deserve any of this. It couldn't have happened to a better man. It makes me sad, especially for his family. I pray for them all the time. I pray for a miracle, especially now. Please Lord make it happen.

I came here to pray and ended up in tears again. But tears are also a form of prayer, liquid prayer, Charles Spurgeon called them.

Crying out to our Father for Tim--and crying--

Upvote 0

Henaynei

Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...
Sep 6, 2003
North Carolina - my heart is with Israel ---
✟43,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Constitution
thank you for updates and reflections

heartbroken yet hoping and in prayer trusting a Mighty Warrior G-d to do what is best for all in His time..... praying for strength for ALL to endure to whatever end or beginning G-d has planned.... for Tim and for each and everyone involved with, loving and/or loved by Tim.....

Upvote 0

faithfulchild

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
✟24,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Father, Your mercies are new every morning, I pray that Your will be done for Tim and all his loved ones. I join my CF family in laying this at the foot of the cross. Your Word says that Your ways are not ours, in our frustration and compassion for Tim and his family, we can't understand, but we can trust that You are working. Please help those of us who are praying in earnest to simply continue in prayer and keep our eyes on You. Thank You Father for being our loving Shepherd, in Jesus' name, amen.

Father...in the Name of Jesus I pray in agreement. Amen

:pray::hug::pray:

Upvote 0

monograso

Eternally Unforgiven
Jul 31, 2005
Ventura County
✟9,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the update, Leader. Praying, praying, praying:pray:

I can pretty much echo everything D-Man said. He hit the nail on the head. Tim was and is a great guy...plain and simple, and I thank God for the time He gave me with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HayleyAnn

Legend
May 3, 2008
✟55,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I came here to pray and ended up in tears again. But tears are also a form of prayer, liquid prayer, Charles Spurgeon called them.

Crying out to our Father for Tim--and crying--

Me too:cry::cry::cry:, but I am praying with you and everyone else. Let God's will be done!:prayer:

Upvote 0

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God, as we await news, I ask that Your peace and comfort surround all. We know that Your mercies are never ending and You love us more than we can imagine. I pray You give Jen strength and a peace that nothing can take away. As always, Your will be done. Thank You Lord for holding us close, in Jesus' name, amen.

Reactions: buttercup2000
Upvote 0

FaithfulWife

Faithful wife to one
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Pacific Northwest
Visit site
✟40,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
BABYINHANDS.jpg

Blessed are You, Lord our G-d, King of the Universe, Creator of heaven and earth and loving Father of our brother Tim. Abba, I wanted to spend one whole night thanking You and praising Your name for the time that gave us all here with Tim, Jen, and their whole family. To us, it seems like the time was too short, but for each and every second we have sharing this life with Tim we are eternally grateful.

Some of us never had the pleasure of knowing him in person, and we STILL grew because of him. I think of myself in that category and how much closer to You I have become as I come into Your presence and pray for him and Jen night and day. I think of how I thought of soldiers as ... well soldiers before I came to this particular prayer thread, and now I see each name and each one as a son, brother, or husband and Your precious child. I think of how I thought of the prayer threads as nice spots to say a prayer but didn't get too deep and certainly didn't fellowship with the other prayer warriors on a thread. I think of how I have learned to laugh in times of great sorrow--to not take life so seriously and yet to hold each moment precious--to count how BLESSED I to be home safe in my bed with my husband with me--to be steadfast and have faith even when it looks bad on the exterior. All these things I learned from my dear brother Tim for which I will owe him a debt of gratitude to my dying day, and I never even had the chance to know him in person. And dear Father, that's just me! There are dozens of us here with literally a thousand prayers and all of us have grown closer to You due to the life and witness of this one man! Lord our G-d, we thank you!

Some of us had the privilege of knowing him in person, and our lives are forever changed and bettered from every moment we got to be with him. I think of those who served with him, and saw him at his toughest and maybe even most aggressive and defensive--but then who also saw him be gentle to a child or tell a joke to a scared newbie and learned about gentleness and peace from a soldier. I think of those who knew of his faithfulness, love and devotion to his wife and children at a time when it can be tempting...and learned about covenant from a man far from his family. I think of those who knew the prankster side and the movie quotes and the step aerobics who learned that life is just FUNNY and that even You have a sense of humor (and the pladipus is a good one :thumbsup:). I think of those who knew his singleminded obedience to You and dedication to being a man of G-d in awful situations, and who learned to live a godly life in spite of their situations and to not blame "circumstances" for sin. Oh Lord our G-d I could go on and on about the lessons some of us have learned (I'm sure you know me) but Lord, we are just so grateful and thankful for the ways that You used ONE MAN to teach all of us so much!!

What a life! Oh Lord, if we were to be completely selfish of course we would say, "We wanna keep him!! We don't care if he has arms and legs! We will miss him and our lives and the world will be diminished without him in it!" But we also know that You are his FATHER and his Lord. We know that our request is from our own selfish wish to not loose him--and that YOU know what is best for him, what your plan is, and what will bring glory to Your name. So Father, here we are--almost 1am PT which like the middle of the night ET--praying again all night long for Tim and this time praying that You would do Your will and what is best for TIM and not us. Whatever You choose, we will listen and obey, but just so You know (I know You do know) THANK YOU. Thank you for Tim!! :bow:

:amen:

Upvote 0

faithfulchild

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
✟24,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ... I will be attending my nephew's wedding today and a relative's funeral on Wednesday. Please know throughout this time, my thoughts and prayers will be with Tim. Jen, Family and Friends...

My thoughts and prayers are with the Love Families and Friends every waking moment through out the day and night!!!

God Bless You All...:groupray:

I pray to return home to hear a remarkable improvment in Tim's condition, after all he has gone beyond any odds that the doctors have predicted...

Almighty God... Increase Your Goodness and Mercy upon our Dear Brother in Christ Tim. Loving Father, it is only your will that has brought our brother through all that he has had to endure thus far. I ask of you Almighty God...Increase your Healing Mercies upon Tim, restore him to health, in Jesus' Name. Amen and Amen!

Father God...I give Praise and Thanks For the work that Tim, and all soliders have done and continue to do to, to bring peace in the world.

God Bless and keep them safe in Jesus Name...Amen!

Upvote 0

faithfulchild

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
✟24,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Praying, praying, praying!

Father God...Thank You for the blessings you have bestowed upon us to join here as sisters and brothers in Christ to...Pray, Pray, Pray, for the Love Family and Friends!

Again...My thoughts and Prayers are with you always!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

covenantwmn

Contributor
Jun 21, 2005
Great Northwest
✟19,438.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Father God, as dawn approaches with a new day, my thoughts and prayers are with the Love family and I ask that Your grace, mercy, strength, comfort and peace flood over them today. I pray that in every circumstance and every moment, Your presence is felt and Your active response is evident. Thank You for knowing what we need most and giving it in abundance, in Jesus' name, amen.

Upvote 0

faithfulchild

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
✟24,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Father God, as dawn approaches with a new day, my thoughts and prayers are with the Love family and I ask that Your grace, mercy, strength, comfort and peace flood over them today. I pray that in every circumstance and every moment, Your presence is felt and Your active response is evident. Thank You for knowing what we need most and giving it in abundance, in Jesus' name, amen.

In Jesus Name...Amen and Amen!

:pray::groupray::pray:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.