fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
The people of Iran are taking to the streets after an attempt to steal their presidential election. Men, women, and children are being beaten by police.

Please pray that they may be given the courage, wisdom, and charity to survive this turmoil and come out of it with a peace based on freedom and justice.

Mary's Bhoy

Formerly the user SCIM
May 25, 2009
Glasgow, UK
✟8,744.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
The people of Iran are taking to the streets after an attempt to steal their presidential election.

There is no evidence of the Iranian presidential elections being fixed. It is simply smoke being blown up without fire from the Western media and upset politicians.

All I see is a crowd of protesters angry that the majority of the Iranian people actually support the current Iranian government.

Regards,
JP.

Upvote 0

fragmentsofdreams

Critical loyalist
Apr 18, 2002
CA
Visit site
✟28,828.00
Faith
Catholic
There is no evidence of the Iranian presidential elections being fixed. It is simply smoke being blown up without fire from the Western media and upset politicians.

All I see is a crowd of protesters angry that the majority of the Iranian people actually support the current Iranian government.

Regards,
JP.

While fraud cannot be conclusively proven or disproven at this point, there are several irregularities. Regardless, the theocratic dictatorship has lost its legitimacy in the eyes of a large number of its people.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
While fraud cannot be conclusively proven or disproven at this point, there are several irregularities. Regardless, the theocratic dictatorship has lost its legitimacy in the eyes of a large number of its people.

All elections will have irregularities that the losing side will question, even here in the USA. Remember 2000?

The problem with Iran is that there is no way for outsiders to watch the elections, so they're suspect, just
as they were when Saddam won by 100% of the vote in Iraq, year after year.

Jim

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,385.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Regardless of who is president in Iran, I think that the Shiite radicals, the ayatollahs, will continue to be the real rulers of the nation, oppressing its citizens, particularly its female citizens.

My prayer is that when these radical Islamic religious leaders pray, as pray they do, they are gifted with an image of God who wants His creatures to live in peace, and whose heart aches when they promote hatred in His name.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This will only move Iran closer toward civil war, which the country was on the brink of, just 4 years ago.

No need for us to do anything, just sit back and watch the revolution take place.

Jim

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is no evidence of the Iranian presidential elections being fixed.

Gotta admit that it is kinda odd that the party that is said to have lost BIG supposedly didn't even carry his hometown, this guy is supposedly under "house arrest" while YouTube and other internet cites are being censored, and armed guards are shooting into the crowd of innocent protestors and people are dead.

:crossrc::prayer::prayer::crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ProScribe

May 20, 2008
Granbury,TX
✟7,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Maybe different governments are designed to function differently than what we typically understand to be the liberal democracy of the United States.

Prayers :angel:

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Maybe different governments are designed to function differently than what we typically understand to be the liberal democracy of the United States.

The United States is a republic "of the people, by the people, and for the people" (look it up) and repressing people, censoring internet cites, phone lines and more, and killing is always sad.

I agree--many prayers are needed.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Iranians are finding that it is a whole lot easier to install a totalitarian theocracy than it is to get rid of one.

They are on their own on this one. United States is not going to lift a finger, and may even be irritated that the legitimacy of the Iranian government is now under question thereby hindering the much heralded talks.

Nor is Europe or anyone else much interested.

It is a sharia police state. The same mullahs that had no trouble sending thirteen year old boys in front of the army to act as mine sweeps will not have any trouble busting as many heads as it takes to quell an uprising.

Upvote 0

Mary's Bhoy

Formerly the user SCIM
May 25, 2009
Glasgow, UK
✟8,744.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
While fraud cannot be conclusively proven or disproven at this point, there are several irregularities.

Possibly, though I will not trust anything published by Western media sources - this is not a comment on the supposed irregularities, just a general comment. I shall hold out on the irrqgularities until the Iranian Supreme Leader has finished his review of the election.

Regardless, the theocratic dictatorship has lost its legitimacy in the eyes of a large number of its people.

I dont deny that - it would be hard to, with the thousands of people on the streets. But I believe that the majority of the Iranian people support their government because their government supports them.

Gotta admit that it is kinda odd that the party that is said to have lost BIG supposedly didn't even carry his hometown

It wouldn't be the first time a candidte did poorly in his own back-garden.

this guy is supposedly under "house arrest"

Perfectly acceptable methods of trying to calm things down on the streets of Iran. The last thing the government needs is some fool trying to incite more violence.

while YouTube and other internet cites are being censored

While I personally have nothing against censorship - I believe in protecting society - what YouTube censorship are you speaking of?

and armed guards are shooting into the crowd of innocent protestors and people are dead.

The protesters are hardly innocent angels - whilst the early protests were peaceful they eventually turned violent. Many of the protesters them selves are armed with guns and other weapons not to mention the mindless mob brutality that has taken over.

It is sad that it has come to people dying, and my prayers are with those who died and their families, but sometimes the police forces have to take lethal action.

The United States is a republic "of the people, by the people, and for the people" (look it up)

Any reason why you bolded republic? Iran is also a republic.

and repressing people,

Again, I believe that using force against rogue elements of society may indeed be justified and necessary. It is, though, heart-wrenching when innocent people are those that are killed.

censoring internet cites, phone lines and more

I maintain censorship is perfectly acceptable. Parents do it every day for their children. Government should do the same for society, as they are similiar roles.

and killing is always sad.

Indeed.

We have common prayers though. I pray and hope to God, that there is an end to the violence, without the Iranian government's need to use anymore lethal force. I also pray that Iran can be led from their strayed path of Mohammedanism to the light of Catholic Truth.

Regards,
JP

P.S. I have shown support for quite an authoritarian orientated government as well as a theocratic government. But this does not mean that I advocate you US Catholics to rise up and impose yourselves. Nor am I deluded; I know no Catholic government I have idealised exists nor will likely ever exist in my life time as days of old.

P.P.S. I may come off as supporting Islam; let me tell you now that I do not, nor do I support Islamic theocracy. Islam is a flawed and false religion, therefore any government based on it is also flawed and false - but the system of government is not. But I will say straight up, I consider Islamic society to be on a whole preferable to the secular, globalised, capitalist, Western society that is being imposed in the world today.

Upvote 0

Aesjn

Mar 9, 2008
Tir nam Blath
✟880.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Anyone that knows Iranians knows this election is a scam... Just about every single Iranian I've talked to in real life or online, in Iran or outside, hates the government, Islam and has converted to either Christianity or Zoroastrianism (their native faith). Iran didn't convert to Islam, it was converted to it at the edge of a sword by people that were barbarians compared to the Persians, and few of them have forgotten it... a lot of them still pretty much see Islam as a barbaric religion imposed on them by Arabs.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Anyone that knows Iranians knows this election is a scam... Just about every single Iranian I've talked to in real life or online, in Iran or outside, hates the government, Islam and has converted to either Christianity or Zoroastrianism (their native faith). Iran didn't convert to Islam, it was converted to it at the edge of a sword by people that were barbarians compared to the Persians, and few of them have forgotten it... a lot of them still pretty much see Islam as a barbaric religion imposed on them by Arabs.
The only reason Ahmadinejad got in the first time was because most Iranians stayed away from the polls in disgust.

It is a lot like the situation with Marcos years back. United States had enough influence to tip the scales against him. that is just not in the cards this time.

Islam is something from which Iran has never really recovered. Maybe it never will.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟783,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'm worried about my post looking arrogant. I'm kind of irritable today - more than normal so I hope it doesn't show too much in my post :sorry:

it kind of baffles me how the world shows no feeling one way or another for a ruler that is deemed to be a totalitarian theocratic ruler. We don't get informed exactly what it is about Ahmadinejad that constitutes him as an evil despot, but someone who rules by the Koran to the letter is someone I wouldn't really want in a President. I'm guessing that maybe the man somehow has a way of hypnotizing his people (or whoever actually supports this guy).

Somehow though if the U.S. were to dare publicly say how wrong he is as a ruler, we'd be called the arrogant one.

I just don't get how regimes like this still exist in the world when the Catholic Church, who was reputed to have had a bloody and intolerant history, has evolved so much in its actions and has stopped whatever it was that people didn't like. Such a president however will probably still begrudge us for the Crusades, when he cannot even realize that his vision for how society would be would make medieval society look like a cakewalk.

maybe I'm all wrong. I don't know...

What I do think is that, in contrast to what Jon Paul has said, I'd never choose to live under an Islamic society over a secular one. Maybe as a man he can say that because as a woman and as a Christian the thought for me would be unpleasant. If the secular one happened to be Communist then I'd rather not have to be faced with that choice at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
What I do think is that, in contrast to what Jon Paul has said, I'd never choose to live under an Islamic society over a secular one. Maybe as a man he can say that because as a woman and as a Christian the thought for me would be unpleasant. If the secular one happened to be Communist then I'd rather not have to be faced with that choice at all.
It is real ingratitude that people afforded all the freedom that secular societies bestow upon them, nevertheless resent being blessed in this way.

In secular societies we are given enough freedom to hang ourselves. That so many choose to do so is a real shame. The problem is not with the freedom but from within.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.