Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
34 years ago, back in the late 1980s, after spending the majority of my childhood in care, I was adopted by a single parent who I came to know as my Dad.

Sadly, Dad passed away in hospital a couple of weeks back and his funeral is on Tuesday.

Please remember my family in your prayers at this difficult time. Also that God will continue to help and guide me through the days and weeks ahead. As the next of kin, I have had to deal with everything from arranging the funeral, sorting out Solicitors to deal with the wills and probate side of things. I have never had to deal with anything like this before, so it is like entering uncharted territory.

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
34 years ago, back in the late 1980s, after spending the majority of my childhood in care, I was adopted by a single parent who I came to know as my Dad.

Sadly, Dad passed away in hospital a couple of weeks back and his funeral is on Tuesday.

Please remember my family in your prayers at this difficult time. Also that God will continue to help and guide me through the days and weeks ahead. As the next of kin, I have had to deal with everything from arranging the funeral, sorting out Solicitors to deal with the wills and probate side of things. I have never had to deal with anything like this before, so it is like entering uncharted territory.

Praying for you and your family; Anthony.:prayer:

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟379,527.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anthony

May His Strong Peace envelop you, His Strength sustain you, His Wisdom guide you, and His Love bring comfort and healing through this challenging time. Jesus meet him on the road.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟428,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lord have mercy! May He comfort and guide you during this difficult time.

I went through a probably less complicated version of this (no actionable will) last August when my father passed, but it was still fairly stressful. I remember having the distinctly weird thought while on the phone "I just want to be with my family to grieve properly, but instead I'm on the phone with his bank for the 8th time in the last two weeks." Ugh. I really do hope that your own challenges and sorrows at this time are lightened by the presence of the Holy Spirit, the Comforter, and by the prayers of all of the holy ones of God who surround us. I don't really know anything about Anglicanism, but in the Coptic funerary rite we proclaim "For there is no death for Your servants, but a departure." He has departed now, but God-willing you will see him again. Until then, once again Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

A little late here, but sorry for your loss, and prayers for comfort and strength in this time.

• Friendly
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums