• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayers for Depersonalization and OCD

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello,

I could use some prayers today. I feel far away and distant from myself, very depersonalized. I want to connect with my emotions but I can't. My thoughts feel like they have drifted off and I can't reach them.

All I want and all I need is Jesus. I have days where I am doing a lot better, and then I go back a bit. Please pray for me. I still deal with intrusive thoughts, but I know they are not what I want or believe. I love Jesus. I need Him.

Please pray that I am soft and compassionate. Filled with God, less of me and more of Him. Please pray for a healing. Thank you.

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Take comfort that God loves you and watches over you, whether you're having an on or off day. Hold on to God's promises, I pray that He gives you peace that surpasses all understanding.

Be encouraged.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

I could use some prayers today. I feel far away and distant from myself, very depersonalized. I want to connect with my emotions but I can't. My thoughts feel like they have drifted off and I can't reach them.

All I want and all I need is Jesus. I have days where I am doing a lot better, and then I go back a bit. Please pray for me. I still deal with intrusive thoughts, but I know they are not what I want or believe. I love Jesus. I need Him.

Please pray that I am soft and compassionate. Filled with God, less of me and more of Him. Please pray for a healing. Thank you.

Many people get intrusive thoughts but they're just thoughts casting themselves over the knowledge of Christ that we have to cast down in JESUS name. ( 2 Corinthians 10:5).
Only the thoughts you agree to are yours.
You have to speak over your emotions and tell them to behave in JESUS name.

I will pray for you but, you also do some MASSIVE PRAYER, FASTING, AND getting hands laid on you by Holy Spirit filled people. ( Mark 16:17-18 )

If you hearing blasphemous thoughts check this link out too.
The Secrets of The Gospel: How to overcome fear of Matt 12:31-32! <-- link here

Upvote 0

gloriousday2006

Jul 8, 2017
Fargo
✟31,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Many people get intrusive thoughts but they're just thoughts casting themselves over the knowledge of Christ that we have to cast down in JESUS name. ( 2 Corinthians 10:5).
Only the thoughts you agree to are yours.
You have to speak over your emotions and tell them to behave in JESUS name.

I will pray for you but, you also do some MASSIVE PRAYER, FASTING, AND getting hands laid on you by Holy Spirit filled people. ( Mark 16:17-18 )

If you hearing blasphemous thoughts check this link out too.
The Secrets of The Gospel: How to overcome fear of Matt 12:31-32! <-- link here

I pray constantly and read the Bible. I have been to many different pastor's with my prayers. I have had horrible intrusive thoughts, so bad that I had constant severe panic attacks for a month, then an out of body experience, and severe depersonalization. I try my best to cast every thought down.

I love the Lord Jesus, and I will always press towards Him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I pray constantly and read the Bible. I have been to many different pastor's with my prayers. I have had horrible intrusive thoughts, so bad that I had constant severe panic attacks for a month, then an out of body experience, and severe depersonalization. I try my best to cast every thought down.

It is also good to call prayer lines. Here are some good ones.
Daystar 1-800-329-0029
Tbn 1-888-731-1000
Word of Faith (Southfield, MI) 1.800.541.PRAY (7729)

Also repenting and taking communion yourself helps heal.
Dealing with the mind is one of the hardest things because it stays with you all day but still with the name of JESUS you can conquer anything.

Speaking over your mind and say behave I have a sound mind. ( 2 Timothy 1:7 )
Read Psalms 18 atleast 4 times a day out aloud it will strengthen you.

Upvote 0

Emli

Growing daughter of God
Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2017
Sweden
✟208,889.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'll pray for you. Also, if you want to talk, you can send me a PM. I've had to deal with lots and lots of intrusive thoughts like that, and Lord Jesus has helped me overcome all of it.

May God bless you with His love and His peace, in Jesus name, amen!

Upvote 0