Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Please pray for me! I'm working up the courage to receive Communion on the tongue without the fear of being sneered at by others. I posted a prayer request on the Catholic Answers Forum, and got just bombarded with messages telling me that I was being scrupulous, and that it wasn't a big deal and all that, and just left me feeling upset. I'm going do this! I'm going to show Jesus how much I truly love Him! I will not leave crumbs of Him behind to be trampled under foot and disposed of in the trash! I'm done being a coward! But I can't do this without the help Our Lord and Our Blessed Mother. I'm going pray for their help and encouragement. Will you help me?

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
In the name of the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit
Amen

Petitions: Courage to Receive Communion on the tongue

Apostle's Creed...

Come Holy Spirit...

Let us pray: O God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit dost instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us by the same Spirit to relish what is right and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen

First Crown: The Crown of Excellence

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Blessed art thou, O Virgin Mary, who didst bear the Lord, the Creator of the world; thou didst give birth to Him Who made thee, and remainest a Virgin forever.

Rejoice, O Virgin Mary; Rejoice a thousand times!

Hail Mary...

O holy and immaculate Virgin, I know not with what praise to extol thee, since thou didst bear in thy womb the very One Whom the Heavens cannot contain.

Hail Mary...

Thou are all fair, O Virgin Mary, and there is no stain in thee.

Hail Mary...

Thy virtues, O Virgin, surpass the stars in number.

Glory Be...

Immaculate Mary, thy praises we sing,
Thou reignst now in Heaven with Jesus our King.
Ave, Ave, Ave Maria! Ave, Ave, Ave Maria!

Second Crown: The Crown of Power

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee O Empress of the world! Bring us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O treasure house of the Lord's graces! Grant us a share in thy riches.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mediatrix between God and man! Through thee may the Almighty be favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who destroyest heresies and crushest demons! Be thou our loving guide.

Glory be...

In Heaven the Blessed thy glory proclaim,
On earth we thy children invoke thy fair name.

Third Crown: The Crown of Goodness

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O refuge of sinners! Intercede for us with God.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mother of orphans! Render the Almighty favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O joy of the just! Lead us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who are ever ready to assist us in life and death! Lead us with thee to the kingdom of Heaven!

Glory be...

We pray for our mother, the Church here upon earth
And bless, dearest Lady, the land of our birth.

Let us pray.

Hail, Mary, Daughter of God the Father; Hail, Mary, Mother of God the Son; Hail, Mary, Spouse of the Holy Ghost; Hail, Mary, Temple of the most Holy Trinity; Hail, Mary, my Mistress, my treasure, my joy, Queen of my heart; my Mother, my life, my sweetness, my dearest hope - yea, my heart and my soul!

I am all thine and all that I have is Thine, O Virgin blessed above all things! Let thy soul be in me to magnify the Lord; let thy spirit be in me to rejoice in God. Set thyself, O faithful Virgin, as a seal upon my heart, that in thee and through thee I may be found faithful to God. Receive me, O gracious Virgin, among those whom thou lovest and teachest, whom thou leadest, nourishest and protectest as thy children. Grant that for love of thee I may despise all earthly consolations and ever cling to those of Heaven, until through the Holy Spirit - your faithful Spouse - and through you - His faithful spouse - Jesus Christ your Son be formed in me for the glory of the Father. Amen.

We fly to your patronage,
O Holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us from all danger, O ever glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

Holy Mother of God, Queen of Heaven and earth, pray for us!
Our Lady of Fatima, pray for us!
Saint Augustine, pray for us!
Saint Monica, pray for us!
Saint Alphonsus de Liguori, pray for us!
Saint Louis de Montfort, pray for us!

Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,652,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prayers for your intentions. The Church allows us to recieve reverently in both forms. But if this is something you feel will help you spiritually and draw you closer to the Lord, by all means do it. Do not worry about what others think.
Please pray for me! I'm working up the courage to receive Communion on the tongue without the fear of being sneered at by others. I posted a prayer request on the Catholic Answers Forum, and got just bombarded with messages telling me that I was being scrupulous, and that it wasn't a big deal and all that, and just left me feeling upset. I'm going do this! I'm going to show Jesus how much I truly love Him! I will not leave crumbs of Him behind to be trampled under foot and disposed of in the trash! I'm done being a coward! But I can't do this without the help Our Lord and Our Blessed Mother. I'm going pray for their help and encouragement. Will you help me?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jack Isaacks

Jan 24, 2017
Arizona
✟12,262.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As an Orthodox, we ALWAYS receive Communion on the tongue.

Even as an Episcopalian, I did so.

Christ is risen!

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
JLOL

Just do it .

Stand in front of the priest - hands at your side and open your mouth with your tongue over your bottom lip - stop worrying about it.

As Jack Isaac said - Orthodox do it every time - so do Eastern Catholics .

I do it even if I have to Receive in a Latin Catholic Church [ admittedly that is not often ] but I've never had a problem.

Upvote 0

Saint Beloved

Site Supporter
May 10, 2017
uk
✟62,522.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private

I'm so sorry you were treated that way. xxx
Faith and our relationship with our Father is a deeply personal and beautiful thing and a conviction given by God shouldn't be discouraged or sneered at just because others aren't as convicted, inclined, ready towards it themselves.
May God bless you for showing your obedience towards Him.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
You only follow the advice of Cardinal Sarah and that's praiseworthy.

I started receiving communion kneeling on the tongue a year ago or so and it has been a blessing to me.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I heard that it's not good to receive by hand.

Receiving Communion on the tongue is very normal in my parish (95% do).
What I need great courage for is to receive Communion while KNEELING.
In fact, some do in my parish (approx 8 out of 400).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My priest made the pastoral decision for Easter Vigil that all of us incoming Catholics would receive on the tongue. I've yet to receive in the hand since and I don't intend to. To me, it's another small distinction between the Eucharist, and the protestant imitations. We don't have communion rails, so I don't kneel (and I wouldn't in a communion line either), but the pastor and deacons have no issue—even prefer—to administer the Eucharist on the tongue.

I'll pray for you, and I'm confident it'll all be fine!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Amen

Apostle's Creed...

Come Holy Spirit...

Let us pray: O God, Who by the light of the Holy Spirit dost instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant us by the same Spirit to relish what is right and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Jesus Christ, our Lord.
Amen

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Blessed art thou, O Virgin Mary, who didst bear the Lord, the Creator of the world; thou didst give birth to Him Who made thee, and remainest a Virgin forever.

Hail Mary...

O holy and immaculate Virgin, I know not with what praise to extol thee, since thou didst bear in thy womb the very One Whom the Heavens cannot contain.

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory Be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee O Empress of the world! Bring us with thee to the joys of Heaven.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O treasure house of the Lord's graces! Grant us a share in thy riches.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee, O Mediatrix between God and man! Through thee may the Almighty be favorable to us.

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who destroyest heresies and crushest demons! Be thou our loving guide.

Glory be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory be to thee who are ever ready to assist us in life and death! Lead us with thee to the kingdom of Heaven!

Glory be...

Let us pray.

Hail, Mary, Daughter of God the Father; Hail, Mary, Mother of God the Son; Hail, Mary, Spouse of the Holy Ghost; Hail, Mary, Temple of the most Holy Trinity; Hail, Mary, my Mistress, my treasure, my joy, Queen of my heart; my Mother, my life, my sweetness, my dearest hope - yea, my heart and my soul!

I am all thine and all that I have is Thine, O Virgin blessed above all things! Let thy soul be in me to magnify the Lord; let thy spirit be in me to rejoice in God. Set thyself, O faithful Virgin, as a seal upon my heart, that in thee and through thee I may be found faithful to God. Receive me, O gracious Virgin, among those whom thou lovest and teachest, whom thou leadest, nourishest and protectest as thy children. Grant that for love of thee I may despise all earthly consolations and ever cling to those of Heaven, until through the Holy Spirit - your faithful Spouse - and through you - His faithful spouse - Jesus Christ your Son be formed in me for the glory of the Father. Amen.

O Holy Mother of God, despise not our petitions in our necessities, but deliver us from all danger, O ever glorious and blessed Virgin. Amen

Amen

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I heard that it's not good to receive by hand.

Receiving Communion on the tongue is very normal in my parish (95% do).
What I need great courage for is to receive Communion while KNEELING.
In fact, some do in my parish (approx 8 out of 400).

Kneeling is awkward the first five times and then it's just how you receive the Eucharist.
And yes, it it's rare in my parish too, I think it's three of us receiving it that way.

When I occasionally sleep in on Sundays I go at polish mass in the evening and there one third of the parishioners receive while kneeling.

I have yet to meet a priest reluctant to administer the sacrament that way though.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Amen

Apostle's Creed...

Come Holy Spirit...

Amen

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory Be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory be...

Let us pray.

Amen

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Amen

Apostle's Creed...

Come Holy Spirit...

Amen

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory Be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory be...

Let us pray.

Amen

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Amen

Apostle's Creed...

Come Holy Spirit...

Amen

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory Be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory be...

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Hail Mary...

Glory be...

Let us pray.

Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
1. Agnostics aren't big on praying FYI.
2. You didn't ask for advice, nor was I required to give it.
3. I didn't insult anything. I simply said it's not for me and more power to you. Calling that an insult blows well past incorrect and right on to absurd.
4. Even if we disregard all of that and pretend otherwise, it hardly justifies your obnoxious reply. So much for your "love the sinner hate the sin" tag line. Seems to me you would be well served to focus a bit more on the more important parts of being a Christian and a bit less on the ritual aspects.

Why are you at his throat?
As agnostic this isn't your home haven so if you are to respond to our threads then please do so with an inch of respect Bill.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Okay, this next parish is going to be rough, not just because it's liberal, but because there is a strong Traditional Portuguese presence. My receiving Communion in the tongue, could be taken as not only as a specific act of love towards God that liberals don't like. This gesture could also be misinterpreted as a political gesture! This could get ugly, please pray!

In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Amen

HAIL, O Star of the ocean,
God's own Mother blest,
ever sinless Virgin,
gate of heav'nly rest.

Taking that sweet Ave,
which from Gabriel came,
peace confirm within us,
changing Eva's name.

Break the sinners' fetters,
make our blindness day,
Chase all evils from us,
for all blessings pray.

Show thyself a Mother,
may the Word divine
born for us thine Infant
hear our prayers through thine.

Virgin all excelling,
mildest of the mild,
free from guilt preserve us
meek and undefiled.

Keep our life all spotless,
make our way secure
till we find in Jesus,
joy for evermore.

Praise to God the Father,
honor to the Son,
in the Holy Spirit,
be the glory one. Amen.

Our Lady of Grace, pray for us!

In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit
Amen

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
JLOL

Do you really think that everyone is watching you to see how you Receive the Eucharist ?

Stop wondering what everyone thinks and remember that you are receiving Christ Himself.

Just get into the Communion Line , stand before the priest and Receive Him who gave His life for you.

Upvote 0