Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's just terrible what's been happening the past couple of days at CF. Christian brethren are tearing at each other without mercy. It's making Jesus cry.

For that reason, I want to start a prayer thread where we can all pray together for CF, whichever side of the debates or arguments you are on.

I don't want the prayers to be used for arguing the points of the various arguments. All I envision is heartfelt, honest Christian prayer for the future of CF. It doesn't matter if you think Erwin has sent this site to hell or if you embrace the vision with open arms. We need to pray together for a common goal, reconciliation of all the hurting brethren.

Let us ask forgiveness for the parts we have played in hurting one another and pray that the Holy Spirit will guide the leadership of this site. While we each have our views on what we think God really wants of this site, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that God is in control and we yield ourselves to Him.

If this thread turns into anything other than heartfelt prayers, I won't hesitate to request that moderators shut the thread down.

BelindaP

Senior Contributor
Sep 21, 2006
Indianapolis
✟20,888.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Dear heavenly Father, I come to you tonight heartbroken over what has become of this site in the past few days. We have allowed the devil and his minions to sow discord. Instead of rebuking him in Your name, we have listened to his whisperings.

I ask that you forgive me for the many angry (and some just plain evil) thoughts that I have had the past few days. Instead of seeking Your will, I have turned to my own understanding. I ask You now to send the Holy Spirit to me and give me the understanding to learn your will for me with regard to my interactions on this site.

Help me to understand that You are in control, and nothing happens unless you let it happen. Give me the wisdom that I need in this difficult time and the Discernment of what is from You and what isn't.

I want to thank You for the many blessings You have given me through this site. I pray that You will make me an instrument of more blessings. Most of all, I ask that You bless the leadership of this forum with a measure of Your perfect wisdom. Guide them and me to do Your will and nobody else's.

In Jesus's most holy name, amen.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Belinda invited me. This prayer is absolutely heartfelt.

"Lord I pray that Truth would matter at CF and not be surplanted by spiritual WIKIness. I pray that the truths in the Be a Christian link would either be upheld on this site or that it would be shut down. I pray that Erwin as an elder in Your church would guard the flock of God bought by the precious blood of your Son. In the name of Jesus."

Upvote 0

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I pray for the people on this forum, the angry and the sad and the scared and the lonely...Christian and non-Christian...those who use the Internet to reach out and touch others...please give them the mind of Christ to reach out in righteousness-infused love to others. Help us to build each other up and not tear each other down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟31,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh Lord...that we understand that there is no neutrality between gratitude and ingratitude..we pray. Those that are grateful begin to complain about everything...those that are not grateful- they may achieve love and then hate their lover.

there is no difference between love and hate...we only gain through the gratitude of others.

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟31,143.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
and we are nourished by the very presence that compels us....we need not seek a particular place...but we are willed to know Your love.

If we are to know You, we are willed to act for the living...always for the hope of the living..then to dispatch for the poor among us ..that we may give comfort...and know your grace.

Upvote 0