Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,394.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Here was I - wondering why I'd not heard back from the Hotel I have used for the last 6 years for Great and Holy Week and Pascha , near Fr Confessor's parish.

Then I pulled up their website - they had changed their e-mail address !!

So I hastily emailed them - and they are full !! Can't take me !!

I've looked at other places in the same area - and there's no way I can afford them - roughly 4 times the price !!

A friend has just sent me a link to another place - prices looked fine till I spotted they were not the current ones. I've emailed them to make an enquiry.

Please pray that I can find accommodation I can afford.

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,394.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Well - that's that - I now know where I'm not going for Great and Holy Week and Pascha :(

There's absolutely no affordable accommodation for the 9 nights . I've spent the last 3 days more or less constantly getting in contact with Hotels , Guest Houses , B&Bs and there's nothing at all.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well - that's that - I now know where I'm not going for Great and Holy Week and Pascha :(

There's absolutely no affordable accommodation for the 9 nights . I've spent the last 3 days more or less constantly getting in contact with Hotels , Guest Houses , B&[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and there's nothing at all.
So sorry to hear this! Ill continue to pray that something opens up. Would there be any parishioners willing for you to stay with them?

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
GOOD GRIEF !! the normal abbreviation for Bed and Breakfast catches the Swear filter - that's simply ridiculous !!
Lol I didn't realize that was the swear filter...wasn't sure exactly why you were saying that :) not sure how it gets interpreted into a swear word?

Reactions: Anhelyna
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,394.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Very few of the parish - as they are young working families manage to get to all the Services for those 9 days/nights. Most don't even live near the Church - I'd be needing transport every day both there and back - and sometimes more than once a day too.

I've been going there since my husband died - our own Parish finds that people won't attend till the weekend [ don't ask why they won't - can be summed up as exceedingly poor catechesis and I'm NOT going into details ]

I enjoy all the Services - yes I come home physically shattered but oh my it's been worth it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.