Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i know, there are far more important cause to devote one times and prayers so only spare a few word after you're done praying for everyone else who need prayers, if you feel compelled....

he's struggling with a bite wound. the vet already took care of it but after removing the drain tub, it's taking a turn for the worst. he's so weak i have to force feed him a liquid diet. last night i didn't think he'd make it through. here's an odd thing tho. some days ago, i watched EWTN. had been a long time since i tuned in. there was a movie about Lourde and Bernadette Soubiroux.

last night, i decided to tune in again, first time since the last time and guess what just start playing again? yep the continuity of that movie. after the movie was over i realized i do have some water from lourde. it's very old, my grand parents brought it back from their trip a few decades ago and it's been sitting in the fridge since for ever it seems to me anyway hehe.

at that point, there's nothing left to loose with that poor cat, i had my doubts he'd even make it through the night. after probably close to 30 years in the fridge, the water has kinda evaporated to half the bottle but it still doesn't stink. so i poured about a tablespoon in a little container to get it in his feeding syringe and gave it to him. he made it through the night and this morning he seems a little bit stronger, still not out of the wood yet but at least it gave me back some hope. i also left my computer playing all the mysteries of the rosary and a healing prayer on a loop all night so he could hear it and maybe not feel so lonely.

this is the most loving cat i ever met and i do hope he survive so we can give him to my MIL who's about to loose her aging cat. she lost an other cat and a dog this spring. she also lost her husband at the beginning of the year. so the house will be very empty for her. may this cat be a blessing for her.

Eucharisted

Nov 24, 2009
United States
✟8,761.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
super_cat.jpg

Upvote 0

wondering1

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 1, 2009
✟50,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I will definitely be praying for your cat! Our cat was ill awhile ago, and the vet didn't know what was wrong with her. He prescribed some pain medicine for her and we took her home. I was so worried about her, and I too thought of Lourdes water! I didn't give it to her to drink, but I put some on my finger and placed it on her head a couple of times. She completely recovered. I'm not sure if the Lourdes water had anything to do with it, but I'm sure it didn't hurt! I will be praying! :crossrc:

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
thank you, thank you, thank you, all of you! he's getting a little stronger, not a whole lot. he started heaving to throw up about 10 minutes after i fed him and we feared that if he threw up, he'd go downhill again, but we quickly gave him a bit of water and he stopped heaving so we're glad it was averted and we hope, with your prayers and the grace of God that he'll continue to get better. :)

Upvote 0

xElliex

Lost lamb?
Sep 2, 2010
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
thank you, thank you, thank you, all of you! he's getting a little stronger, not a whole lot. he started heaving to throw up about 10 minutes after i fed him and we feared that if he threw up, he'd go downhill again, but we quickly gave him a bit of water and he stopped heaving so we're glad it was averted and we hope, with your prayers and the grace of God that he'll continue to get better. :)

One thing is certain, he is very lucky to have a loving owner :) I'll keep praying for him :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
i know, there are far more important cause to devote one times and prayers so only spare a few word after you're done praying for everyone else who need prayers, if you feel compelled....

he's struggling with a bite wound. the vet already took care of it but after removing the drain tub, it's taking a turn for the worst. he's so weak i have to force feed him a liquid diet. last night i didn't think he'd make it through. here's an odd thing tho. some days ago, i watched EWTN. had been a long time since i tuned in. there was a movie about Lourde and Bernadette Soubiroux.

last night, i decided to tune in again, first time since the last time and guess what just start playing again? yep the continuity of that movie. after the movie was over i realized i do have some water from lourde. it's very old, my grand parents brought it back from their trip a few decades ago and it's been sitting in the fridge since for ever it seems to me anyway hehe.

at that point, there's nothing left to loose with that poor cat, i had my doubts he'd even make it through the night. after probably close to 30 years in the fridge, the water has kinda evaporated to half the bottle but it still doesn't stink. so i poured about a tablespoon in a little container to get it in his feeding syringe and gave it to him. he made it through the night and this morning he seems a little bit stronger, still not out of the wood yet but at least it gave me back some hope. i also left my computer playing all the mysteries of the rosary and a healing prayer on a loop all night so he could hear it and maybe not feel so lonely.

this is the most loving cat i ever met and i do hope he survive so we can give him to my MIL who's about to loose her aging cat. she lost an other cat and a dog this spring. she also lost her husband at the beginning of the year. so the house will be very empty for her. may this cat be a blessing for her.

Prayers for you MIL. :crossrc:

You definitely have my prayers for kitty. :crossrc:

I had an outside cat who had a puncture wound on his foot. By the time I realized something was wrong, it was bad. My vet did the surgery, drain thingie and antibiotics and it helped a bit but started to get worse. So stronger antibiotics and then he tried something new he had just gotten. Lazar treatment - 2 of em and it cleared up his infected paw right at the knuckle within days)
ask your vet to try it. I hope the kitty makes it.

God bless...

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you MIL. :crossrc:

You definitely have my prayers for kitty. :crossrc:

I had an outside cat who had a puncture wound on his foot. By the time I realized something was wrong, it was bad. My vet did the surgery, drain thingie and antibiotics and it helped a bit but started to get worse. So stronger antibiotics and then he tried something new he had just gotten. Lazar treatment - 2 of em and it cleared up his infected paw right at the knuckle within days)
ask your vet to try it. I hope the kitty makes it.

God bless...

thanks for the prayers and for the info :) i will call the vet tomorrow to let them know how it's going so far and ask about it. i'm not sure if he'd be strong enough for the trip yet.

he is getting a bit stronger, today, he ate a bit on his own and drank some water too. he now walk from his cushion in our office to the family room couch so he's not completely listless and he might have eaten double what he ate the last few days. on top of his regular antibiotics, i started to give him colloidal silver.

and thank you to everyone who's praying :hug::hug::hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

xElliex

Lost lamb?
Sep 2, 2010
✟7,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
thanks for the prayers and for the info :) i will call the vet tomorrow to let them know how it's going so far and ask about it. i'm not sure if he'd be strong enough for the trip yet.

he is getting a bit stronger, today, he ate a bit on his own and drank some water too. he now walk from his cushion in our office to the family room couch so he's not completely listless and he might have eaten double what he ate the last few days. on top of his regular antibiotics, i started to give him colloidal silver.

and thank you to everyone who's praying :hug::hug::hug:

Well, I'm not a vet, but in my experience, this is a very good sign if he is now eating and drinking on his own :) Make sure to check his droppings, as sometimes antibiotics can upset the Gastrointestinal system :)

I'll keep :prayer:

Upvote 0

Anygma

Oct 22, 2006
NB
✟9,426.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well, I'm not a vet, but in my experience, this is a very good sign if he is now eating and drinking on his own :) Make sure to check his droppings, as sometimes antibiotics can upset the Gastrointestinal system :)

I'll keep :prayer:

yes, i think the antibiotics might upset his stomach or something, he has a bit of blood in his stools so this morning, i gave him food right after his pill and i called the vet too. they might want to see him again, they told me to call back in the afternoon. he just ate 1/8 of a can in one sitting on his own. it used to take me half the day to feed him that diluted in a syringe. gonna wait an hour or 2 and serve him a 1/4 can. i think we might be able to serve him a whole can today. that should help rebuild his strength :)

i believe it's the power of prayers that turned him around with the help of Lourdes water. :) he's still very weak and has a long way to go but i'm very thankful for the improvements we've seen so far :clap:

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
yes, i think the antibiotics might upset his stomach or something, he has a bit of blood in his stools so this morning, i gave him food right after his pill and i called the vet too. they might want to see him again, they told me to call back in the afternoon. he just ate 1/8 of a can in one sitting on his own. it used to take me half the day to feed him that diluted in a syringe. gonna wait an hour or 2 and serve him a 1/4 can. i think we might be able to serve him a whole can today. that should help rebuild his strength :)

i believe it's the power of prayers that turned him around with the help of Lourdes water. :) he's still very weak and has a long way to go but i'm very thankful for the improvements we've seen so far :clap:

Great news! :)

Upvote 0