Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I've had a lot of salvation anxiety lately. Today I listened to a sermon that really convicted me--I need to have a real relationship with God. I was raised Christian, but I think I've lacked a real relationship, one based on love and not a sense of duty or fear. Even though I believe I've known God's love, I feel afraid of Him far more than I feel love for Him. I struggle a lot with loving the Bible, with dying to self, and with doubt.

Please pray that God will increase my love and desire for Him and His Word, that I will come to know Him and His truth, and that he will grant me the grace of true repentance and love for Him. I'm really anxious and afraid right now, but I pray that He will make me strong and allow me to walk in truth and in peace.

EDIT: Minutes after posting this, I actually spoke with the pastor whose sermon gave me that feeling of conviction (through what could only have been God working), and he helped me come to a different conclusion. I believe I've had a relationship with God, but it's been flawed and I've drifted some. So I'd like to change the prayer request somewhat: I'm coming back to Him, back to those moments I've known with absolute certainty that He was there, but with a more mature understanding of what this relationship means. It's still hard, and I'm still wrestling with certain things, but please pray that the next phase of this walk will be fruitful--that I'll remember who He is and who I am to him. And that I can live in freedom and forgiveness instead of shame.

Last edited:

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I've had a lot of salvation anxiety lately. Today I listened to a sermon that really convicted me--I need to have a real relationship with God. I was raised Christian, but I think I've lacked a real relationship, one based on love and not a sense of duty or fear. Even though I believe I've known God's love, I feel afraid of Him far more than I feel love for Him. I struggle a lot with loving the Bible, with dying to self, and with doubt.

Please pray that God will increase my love and desire for Him and His Word, that I will come to know Him and His truth, and that he will grant me the grace of true repentance and love for Him. I'm really anxious and afraid right now, but I pray that He will make me strong and allow me to walk in truth and in peace.
Please read the following article. It will help you understand how you can have a real relationship with God through Christ. Your situation is common. Many who are raised in Christian homes lack the reality of Christ in their lives. The article will help.
The Way - Christian Life Frankston

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think you have the right attitude here, Duke, for what that is worth. I will pray for you.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0

pam4him

May 15, 2018
Jacksonville
✟25,699.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lord, we lift up Duke of Stratford to you. Put into remembrance that those who believe are children of the one true King. Guide to strong Christians to mentor, to teachers and leaders who can instruct. Lastly, we pray for peace, wisdom and strength for this journey. In Jesus name, Amen!

Upvote 0