USA
✟86,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can ask the priest, hopefully sooner than later. We met once, he told me to email him when I want to meet again. I did, but haven't heard from him. He's by himself. No deacon or anything. So, there's been many funerals, weddings, new babies, feast days etc. He's just busy.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I can ask the priest, hopefully sooner than later. We met once, he told me to email him when I want to meet again. I did, but haven't heard from him. He's by himself. No deacon or anything. So, there's been many funerals, weddings, new babies, feast days etc. He's just busy.

I understand the busy priest part. Ours is the same, no deacon, etc. and he's been given more and more responsibility for things beyond our parish by the archdiocese.

I'll try to take a photo of the board this week (we have a big dry erase board with the order of music, who's doing what in which language, tonal variations, or what have you). Though we are having a hierarchical Divine Liturgy this week (the bishop is visiting!) so I'm not sure how much it might vary.

There may be translated side-by-side music online, or if not, most of mine is. Though the word order in Greek isn't identical to English, so you would have what it says but it's not word-for-word in order like you can almost do with a language like Spanish.

See what your priest says and I will look into it. :) Maybe we can find online or I will take photos and post for you. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: PittBullMom
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
By the way, if you need a meeting in general, it probably wouldn't be out of line to send a gentle email reminder. Though if you're not desperate, waiting until after Theophany might be good. (Although that begins the season of house blessings - priests are always busy!)

Our priest prefers to do things by email so that he doesn't forget what people ask for in person or by phone, but sometimes one slips past him and he misses replying or scheduling. Don't take these kinds of things personally - they happen to the priests with the very best of intentions.

But he would very possibly appreciate a gentle reminder if your request has slipped through the cracks. Generally priests are very concerned to try to keep up with everyone and take care of everyone - at least as they are able. :)

• Agree
Reactions: PittBullMom
Upvote 0