Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Please pray for my friend who lives in a care home. She has possibly contracted coronavirus (they are not sure yet). I am planning to visit her tomorrow afternoon.

What precautions do I need to take? How do I keep her occupied? Any suggestions for fun simulating activities needed. Also please pray for her health.

Thanks in advance. I am praying for her as well.

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks.
I went to see her straight after breakfast today. She was happy to see me. We talked for about thirty minutes in her bedroom (she is in the young adults section) about my life. I even showed her some recent pictures of the kids etc. All in all it was a great visit. There was hand-gel everywhere. I had a lovely time today seriously. I told her about what I had been up to and we did a logic puzzle together.
She will know more on Monday. They will not have the test results back until after this weekend. She was only tested on Thursday morning. What are you up to this weekend? Give me some ideas for next weekend please.

Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I know this sounds dreadful BUT

You really should not be visiting your friend - and if she has indeed succumbed to Coronavirus you should stay at home for at least the next 14 days.

Before you try and visit her again - please ask her care home for guidance. All such establishments should now be limiting visitors.

By all means chat with your friend by phone - but if she has coronavirus please also now isolate yourself and your family for 14 days.

I'm in the situation where because of my age I have to cut down contact for the next few months - and this is going to be very very hard.

Prayers for all in this dreadful situation :crosseo:

Upvote 0

Stephanie7

Senior Veteran
Jun 6, 2004
✟111,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just today, our government has put out a ban on visitors in Nursing Homes and in Care Homes for the protection of the residents and visitors as well.
The elderly are more at risk because of declining health and immune systems. You say your friend may have contacted the virus, but why are they allowing visitors if that be the case? Soon you may find that your friend's Care Home will also restrict visitors to help stop the spread of the virus. I pray to our Heavenly Father that your friend is okay and doesn't have the virus and I pray for your protection as well, it was a nice thing you did for your friend, but for safety measures for both of you, it's probably best to limit contact with those who are sick, elderly or weak for their own good, In Jesus Name, Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChristianGirl_96

Jan 13, 2019
Epsom
✟131,109.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know this sounds dreadful BUT

You really should not be visiting your friend - and if she has indeed succumbed to Coronavirus you should stay at home for at least the next 14 days.

Before you try and visit her again - please ask her care home for guidance. All such establishments should now be limiting visitors.

By all means chat with your friend by phone - but if she has coronavirus please also now isolate yourself and your family for 14 days.

I'm in the situation where because of my age I have to cut down contact for the next few months - and this is going to be very very hard.

Prayers for all in this dreadful situation :crosseo:
Thanks. The lovely manager of her care home called me today at lunchtime to say that they would be temporarily introducing a no visitor policy until mid April. So I will not be going to visit her for two or three weeks.
No it is not coronavirus. Test results came back today negative.

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,295,075.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'm glad her tests came back neg.

I think all care homes now in the UK are very strictly limiting any visitors - as I've picked up where they are permitted it is only one member of the family who may visit - no-one else.

This is going to be a very difficult period for us all - most Churches now are closed to try and prevent the spread of Covid19

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums