• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Prayers and advice is appreciated.

B-west53

Sep 3, 2020
Canada
✟8,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello all, looking for some prayers and uplifting. Short back story, my brother died at the age of 23 of a massive heart attack back in 2014 (I was 22 at the time and was training to be an emt) I was lucky to have been there at the time. I preformed cpr on him and held him as he slipped into Jesus’ arms. I’ve always dealt with problems eternally rather than seeking help. But maybe I should have on this one. But why I’m here today is since the incident I’m overwhelmed with hypochondria, fear that Something bad is going to happen to myself or one of my family members. But the most mentally exhausting is my 2 girls. 3yo and 6 mo. I fear and lose sleep often about something happening to my girls. Getting terminally sick, hurt or worse. I am so tired of feeling like this. If one of them get a cold or stomach bug or if the oldest just Gets tired and decide to nap (she never naps because she is a diva who says she’s never tired) I think the worst. Why do I do this?! I want to stop This anxiety and hypochondria and enjoy life. Please pray. Thank you all!

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all, looking for some prayers and uplifting. Short back story, my brother died at the age of 23 of a massive heart attack back in 2014 (I was 22 at the time and was training to be an emt) I was lucky to have been there at the time. I preformed cpr on him and held him as he slipped into Jesus’ arms. I’ve always dealt with problems eternally rather than seeking help. But maybe I should have on this one. But why I’m here today is since the incident I’m overwhelmed with hypochondria, fear that Something bad is going to happen to myself or one of my family members. But the most mentally exhausting is my 2 girls. 3yo and 6 mo. I fear and lose sleep often about something happening to my girls. Getting terminally sick, hurt or worse. I am so tired of feeling like this. If one of them get a cold or stomach bug or if the oldest just Gets tired and decide to nap (she never naps because she is a diva who says she’s never tired) I think the worst. Why do I do this?! I want to stop This anxiety and hypochondria and enjoy life. Please pray. Thank you all!

There is a workable method, but I've never tried to teach it to anyone.

Think of this parent who is concerned about their kids. There are millions of parents
in that boat right now. Think about all the darkness worrying about infant crib death syndrome,
and stretching out to the first time they are out all night. Just imagine the dread.

Now, you stand with them and put an arm around their shoulder. Just hold them.
They have fears and that is OK. Tell them it's OK to have fears. Cry with them.
Let it wash over you and know it is OK to be fearful. Absorb it and be friends with them.
They are not right about the danger.....but they are not wrong either. Danger exists.
And we dread not knowing the next hour. (Especially, like the news) We dread it and
it's OK to dread the unknown. So you've forgiven these parents and made friends with them.

You can be friends with people who have fear. Even while you are that person.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
always dealt with problems eternally rather than seeking help. But maybe I should have on this one. But why I’m here today is since the incident I’m overwhelmed with hypochondria, fear that Something bad is going to happen to myself or one of my family members. But the most mentally exhausting is my 2 girls. 3yo and 6 mo. I fear and lose sleep often about something happening to my girls.

May I suggest that you seek professional help. Your fear while an understandable concern is not something that should be affecting you at the level it is.

Please get professional help.

Reactions: justtrance
Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You must have heard what our Lord Jesus Christ have told us :
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." -John 16:33

When you hear this, you know that the Lord wants to give you peace in union with Him.

I understand you mention that you are in a state of hypochondria, or defines by dictionary as abnormal anxiety about one's health, especially with an unwarranted fear that one has a serious disease.

Likewise, tribulations is defined as a cause of great trouble or suffering or a state of great trouble or suffering.

Fear can cause a person’s unwanted trouble or suffering and make a person in a state of abnormal anxiety that cause unwanted trouble.

What I am trying to say is the Lord not only know while we are in the world, we have tribulation. He further told us to take heart that He has overcome the world or the Lord has overcome fear and its tribulation.

Why do we need to take heart when the Lord have said that He overcome the world ? It is because when we are in union with Him, we overcome the world.

If you want to bear the fruit of peace in your life, you know that you cannot do that apart from the Lord; for the Lord have spoken :

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for APART FROM ME you can DO NOTHING. -John 15:5

As apostle John reaffirms to those who are born of God:
For EVERYONE who has been BORN OF GOD OVERCOMES THE WORLD. And this is the VICTORY that has overcome the world’ OUR FAITH. -1 John 5:4

From here, we know that those who are born of God overcomes the world or we who are born of God overcome fear and its tribulation.

Now, you know this promise that our Lord Jesus have made; appropriate His promise of peace, that you be set free from hypochondria, and receive His grace in this time of need.

Upvote 0