✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
"What is the purpose of praying?"

I think that prayer is for us. God knows all our thoughts, hopes and dreams already. I think it is a wonderful gift from God to us. It is so that we can speak to God, the creator and sustainer of our universe, directly. Just knowing God is a great thig but to actually be able to talk to Him is even a greater blessing. It is so awesome to speak to such an awesome God.

BH6

Upvote 0

Blackhawk

Monkey Boy
Feb 5, 2002
Ft. Worth, tx
Visit site
✟22,925.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mandy,

Thanks. You know whenever I dwell on all the Lord has done for me I just have to praise Him. He has never needed me but He has giving me the oppurtunity to partner with Him to accomplish His will. I have been married for almost 8 months now and I think the best description of our relationship with God is the marraige relationship. I am part of the church which is "the bride of Christ." My greatest wedding present has been my wife herself.

I think in prayer, as in the Christian life, God is the prize. And what a prize He is.

Thank you God for giving me a prize in which I do not deserve in anyway. Thank you for loving me soo much. I am very happy to be called your son.

Blackhaw6

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fieldmouse3

Contributor
Feb 14, 2002
Washington State
Visit site
✟8,313.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Prayer, for me, is a way to communicate with God. It helps me deal with problems, and puts confusing things into perspective. Praying also allows me to get things off my chest that I might not be able to trust any of my friends here on earth with, and it gives me the chance to thank God for all He's done for me in the past, present, and all He's going to do for me in the future! Also, it's usually when I get the best sense of whether or not the path I'm on, or the decision I'm thinking of making, is according to His will.

Upvote 0
For reasons difficult for me to fathom, God has chosen to "partner" with His people to bring about His purposes on earth. This is done through prayer. (altho, yes, prayer is also communion with God, communication, and relationship) To me, it is a phenomenal and awesome thing that God uses our prayers to accomplish His purposes.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.