Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
They won the victory over him by the blood of the Lamb and by the truth which they proclaimed (Revelation 12:11).

These have been written in order that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that through your faith in him you may have life (John 20:31).

I am telling you the truth: the Father will give you whatever you ask of him in my name (John 16:23)

Confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you will be healed. The prayer of a good person has a powerful effect (James 5:16)

May the Lord answer you when you are in trouble!
May the God of Jacob protect you!
May he send you help from his Temple
and give you aid from Mount Zion (Psalms 20:1-2)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My old Bible College Principal,David Powell,would often ask the students,'Do I find you praying?' Prayer is an attitude. Prayer is a relationship. We knew Mr Powell as a great man of prayer. He was up early in the morning to pray,but He had many other pressing responsibilities that involved action,as well as prayer 'Praying without ceasing is to live our lives always doing what He has called us to do in the relationship of prayer

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I Thess 5 says to pray without ceasing. I know I fall short on that Scripture. Any insights you - quietbloke or Anthony - want to share on it?

We all do. I was listening to a sermon that i cam across accidentally by a preacher who became even more beloved to me as i listened to it. He clarified what "praying without ceasing" means. What also comes to mind is that Jesus Himself did not always "pray" in the manner we commonly think of when we think of "praying". Jesus' "heart" was always "in prayer", no matter what He was doing.

This preacher on this video just spelled it out so graciously and delightfully, exactly what "prayer" is.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I Thess 5 says to pray without ceasing. I know I fall short on that Scripture. Any insights you - quietbloke or Anthony - want to share on it?
Our default position should always be prayer, but it is not possible for anyone to pray 24/7/365.

Instead, pray without ceasing means, don't give up on your prayers. Don't just pray once and then "wait and see". Don't stop praying about your situation (don't cease to pray about it) until you see it manifest.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,845.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
There is a passage which comes to mind from Luke 11:8:

"I tell you that even if he will not get up and give you the bread because you are his friend, yet he will get up and give you everything you need because you are not ashamed to keep on asking."

By persevering we adopt a habit of prayer.

The Lord does listen to our prayers and He will answer according to His will. But the passage states "because you are his friend". Prayer is more about the relationship we have with God rather than what He gives us, although He will abundantly give us good things

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
This is a verse that I keep close to,

40e62eb37153e6bf5ee12e4837a10923.jpg

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are in a 'spiritual battle'. We are on the victory side! Our Commander is the Lord Jesus Christ. He will cause us to triumph as His army of 'prayer warriors'. We are not 'prayer worriers' but 'prayer warriors!:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,617.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Needing prayer -

Disney here in the U.S. has closed Sorcerer's Arena; however, they now have another sorcery and a paranormal horror show.

Particularly concerning since Walt Disney was a devoted believer in Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Needing prayer -

Disney here in the U.S. has closed Sorcerer's Arena; however, they now have another sorcery and a paranormal horror show.

Particularly concerning since Walt Disney was a devoted believer in Jesus.
They do seem to have lost their way!
I pray that they find their way back to Christ Jesus.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
We are in a 'spiritual battle'. We are on the victory side! Our Commander is the Lord Jesus Christ. He will cause us to triumph as His army of 'prayer warriors'. We are not 'prayer worriers' but 'prayer warriors!:

Amen. We don’t hide under bed, we can stand firm in Christ when God shakes the world. Jesus is our rock.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
well said!
Such a good thread,

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father, I pray that your presence will dominate the days ahead in our spiritual battles.
You are here and speak to us in love,
May we obey your voice and receive your love.
Join us together in the Lord.

Upvote 0