Prayer warriors - neglected child needs you!

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Please please pray for a very sweet ten-year old little girl named Olivia. Olivia is spending Thanksgiving weekend at our house because our ten-year old granddaughter is here, and the two are close friends.

When Olivia arrived at our home, she looked tired and small. She looked like she could blow away. She had dark circles around her eyes,and the first thing she asked was could she eat because she had hardly eaten anything all day. (It was 8 pm).

I guessed she hadn't bathed in a couple of weeks, so I instructed her to shower and wash her hair in my bathroom and that when she got dressed I would blow-dry her hair for her.
I saw fleas crawling on her scalp! Olivia said that her bed is covered in them and that she can hardly sleep sometimes because they crawl all over her.

I didn't let her see any reaction on my part. I just kept brushing and drying her hair. On the inside, I was extremely disappointed in Olivia's mom and angry at those who are supposed to love this child would choose to neglect her basic needs. Olivia also said that she couldn't remember the last time someone brushed her hair.

My husband and I are very concerned for this precious little girl, and we both have a sinking feeling that Olivia's future may be even worse. We are praying for guidance as to what we should do and should not do.

We ask that you pray God gives us wisdom and knowledge. Please pray for Olivia - she is so tiny - pray with everything you've got, standing in the gap for her, and hold the ground in the name of Jesus! Thank you everyone for praying.

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Please please pray for a very sweet ten-year old little girl named Olivia. Olivia is spending Thanksgiving weekend at our house because our ten-year old granddaughter is here, and the two are close friends.

When Olivia arrived at our home, she looked tired and small. She looked like she could blow away. She had dark circles around her eyes,and the first thing she asked was could she eat because she had hardly eaten anything all day. (It was 8 pm).

I guessed she hadn't bathed in a couple of weeks, so I instructed her to shower and wash her hair in my bathroom and that when she got dressed I would blow-dry her hair for her.
I saw fleas crawling on her scalp! Olivia said that her bed is covered in them and that she can hardly sleep sometimes because they crawl all over her.

I didn't let her see any reaction on my part. I just kept brushing and drying her hair. On the inside, I was extremely disappointed in Olivia's mom and angry at those who are supposed to love this child would choose to neglect her basic needs. Olivia also said that she couldn't remember the last time someone brushed her hair.

My husband and I are very concerned for this precious little girl, and we both have a sinking feeling that Olivia's future may be even worse. We are praying for guidance as to what we should do and should not do.

We ask that you pray God gives us wisdom and knowledge. Please pray for Olivia - she is so tiny - pray with everything you've got, standing in the gap for her, and hold the ground in the name of Jesus! Thank you everyone for praying.
You may need to do more than just pray. Someone needs to talk to the parents and find out why this child needs to suffer. If a solution cannot be found that way then you need to get outside help. Prayers and Blessings

Upvote 0

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes it does not at all get any better for Olivia to get fosterparent after fosterparent in an everlasting circle so they can never make lasting friends. It all depends on what sort they are. And often the wounds to have been torn from the family go deep. Some are really more cruel to the kids than that and use them as workers, babysitters most of the lime and do not let them eat or play and force them to tell lies and threathen them if they say anything about that situation to the authorities and that is a real shame. Not all are that way though. It might perhaps be better to first talk with the parents and tell them about what to do about the problem. If it does not get better then consider Your options carefully. Lice and flees and such can spread from children in school when they hang their jackets and caps close to each other. If any child ever get them we use to report it so everyone washes clothes, bedlinen and comb the hair and use antiflee or lice schampoos until it is gone so noone has to be contaminated. My parents also had some of my friends over that had really serious problems when I was in school. I do not think that You either would want anyone reporting You without having talked with You first. If we christians ought to show love, then we should show our concern Yes, but talk then first to the mother, even though it feels uncomfortable. If You only report her behind her back so to speak, chances are that the mother asks who did it and doesn’t allow her daughter to play with Your granddaughter ever again, we do not know if powerty is behind or illness, the mother is very young, domestic violence, threats from the fathers or anyone elses side and the social services does not always know everything either. They are human too. They can make errors. My best advice would be to meet the mother somewhere where you both are comforthable to walk away from should you get into some form of an argument. She might not tell you only lies, but try to listen and to figure out where the real solution could be found, she is probably used to the fact that everyone reports her and needs a friend for her daughter in the chaos. I can tell You my mom and dad were not friends with my friends parents - far from that- but their kids came over on some evenings and weekends - later one couple divorced and I think it was best that way -in hindsight. Would my mom have Immediatedly reported them to authorities then it would have been awful for the kids mother child relationship and perhaps for our friendship that we had then too. A divorce was definitedly better. But I would advice against having your grandchild to play at Olivias home without You or anyone You trust present simply because Olivia is not taken well care of and You do not trust the parents. Whatever is wrong in the family, it might take time to fix, and many prayers to pray and a lot of love to heal. God bless.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Greg Merrill
Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father, bless the post of Roseonathorn. May it help to bring action that brings relief and continual blessing upon Olivia and those caring for her. Amen.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Oh how terribly sad, Father please help this child and bless her with a full tummy and people who will love her and provide security and guidance for her in the all powerful name of Jesus name Amen.

Upvote 0

EzekielsWheels

Site Supporter
Oct 3, 2018
Southeast
Visit site
✟90,626.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes it does not at all get any better for Olivia to get fosterparent after fosterparent in an everlasting circle so they can never make lasting friends. It all depends on what sort they are. And often the wounds to have been torn from the family go deep. Some are really more cruel to the kids than that and use them as workers, babysitters most of the lime and do not let them eat or play and force them to tell lies and threathen them if they say anything about that situation to the authorities and that is a real shame. Not all are that way though. It might perhaps be better to first talk with the parents and tell them about what to do about the problem. If it does not get better then consider Your options carefully. Lice and flees and such can spread from children in school when they hang their jackets and caps close to each other. If any child ever get them we use to report it so everyone washes clothes, bedlinen and comb the hair and use antiflee or lice schampoos until it is gone so noone has to be contaminated. My parents also had some of my friends over that had really serious problems when I was in school. I do not think that You either would want anyone reporting You without having talked with You first. If we christians ought to show love, then we should show our concern Yes, but talk then first to the mother, even though it feels uncomfortable. If You only report her behind her back so to speak, chances are that the mother asks who did it and doesn’t allow her daughter to play with Your granddaughter ever again, we do not know if powerty is behind or illness, the mother is very young, domestic violence, threats from the fathers or anyone elses side and the social services does not always know everything either. They are human too. They can make errors. My best advice would be to meet the mother somewhere where you both are comforthable to walk away from should you get into some form of an argument. She might not tell you only lies, but try to listen and to figure out where the real solution could be found, she is probably used to the fact that everyone reports her and needs a friend for her daughter in the chaos. I can tell You my mom and dad were not friends with my friends parents - far from that- but their kids came over on some evenings and weekends - later one couple divorced and I think it was best that way -in hindsight. Would my mom have Immediatedly reported them to authorities then it would have been awful for the kids mother child relationship and perhaps for our friendship that we had then too. A divorce was definitedly better. But I would advice against having your grandchild to play at Olivias home without You or anyone You trust present simply because Olivia is not taken well care of and You do not trust the parents. Whatever is wrong in the family, it might take time to fix, and many prayers to pray and a lot of love to heal. God bless.

Yes amen to this. I pray her parents are willing to listen to your concerns and are willing/able to change whatever is going on over there.

Reactions: Roseonathorn
Upvote 0

singpeace

Site Supporter
Oct 21, 2009
U.S.
✟40,147.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Thank you Rose.
My husband and I have discussed how and what to do several times just since yesterday. Calling authorities is the first thing many people do. However, my sister-n-law was an investigator for child protective services for 11 years, and she told me that the foster parents are often as bad or worse than abusive or neglectful parents.
We think we might simply and delicately approach the mom and let her know we saw the fleas but not repeat anything Olivia said to us. Perhaps she will let Olivia spend a little time with us on occasion. Not sure how any of this is going to be resolved, but we feel God put this little girl in our path for a reason, and not to interfere but to be a safe place to fall for both Olivia and her mom.

Regardless of the outcome, we know that God is God, and we are not. We must work at keeping our own hearts still; trusting the Lord and resting in him rather than taking on the belief that we alone can save her. The Lord has breathed life into Olivia's world, and He has claimed her as his own. She told me that she believed on Jesus Christ and that she loved him. To my surprise, she then told me how many people don't appreciate that God is working in their lives even when things aren't working out the way people expect. She said if a car breaks down, maybe God did that to keep the person from being hit by a drunk driver. Wisdom from a ten year old.
We pray God will not let us do anything that He has not directed us to do. We seek him constantly about this. Thank you for your encouragement and prayers.

Reactions: LoricaLady
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Roseonathorn

Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2017
Finland
✟131,729.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you Rose.
My husband and I have discussed how and what to do several times just since yesterday. Calling authorities is the first thing many people do. However, my sister-n-law was an investigator for child protective services for 11 years, and she told me that the foster parents are often as bad or worse than abusive or neglectful parents.
We think we might simply and delicately approach the mom and let her know we saw the fleas but not repeat anything Olivia said to us. Perhaps she will let Olivia spend a little time with us on occasion. Not sure how any of this is going to be resolved, but we feel God put this little girl in our path for a reason, and not to interfere but to be a safe place to fall for both Olivia and her mom.

Regardless of the outcome, we know that God is God, and we are not. We must work at keeping our own hearts still; trusting the Lord and resting in him rather than taking on the belief that we alone can save her. The Lord has breathed life into Olivia's world, and He has claimed her as his own. She told me that she believed on Jesus Christ and that she loved him. To my surprise, she then told me how many people don't appreciate that God is working in their lives even when things aren't working out the way people expect. She said if a car breaks down, maybe God did that to keep the person from being hit by a drunk driver. Wisdom from a ten year old.
We pray God will not let us do anything that He has not directed us to do. We seek him constantly about this. Thank you for your encouragement and prayers.
God bless You, I’ll keep Olivia and You too in my prayers, You know one thing, it is always better for a child to have someone they trust than to have noone. Usually they do not relate to professionals the way they relate to someones mom or grandma, the later feels more safe so to speak.

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,276.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I agree with a post above where reporting child abuse can lead a child into one awful foster home after another with even more,maybe worse, abuse. Of course that doesn't always happen, but it seems to happen a lot, especially since the foster homes always seem to be changing.

You are so right to want prayers for wisdom and guidance. I pray for the little girl and her family to get a real life and for there to be healing all around.

• Winner
Reactions: Deborah D
Upvote 0

Deborah D

Prayer Warrior
Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
USA
✟224,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sounds like this little girl needs a lot of love, and I pray that she gets it! I pray that God will give you wisdom in how you should proceed. That's a tough one, but I know that God will show you what to do....

Upvote 0

Heissonear

Geochemist and Stratigrapher
Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2011
Lake Conroe
✟179,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I pray in agreement with others that you and your husband receive wisdom in handling this situation.

May God continue to give Olivia spiritual prosperity while she endures her current physical circumstances.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums