Southfield
✟7,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a prayer I learned of many years ago, and its words resonated with me. Recently, I spoke this prayer, leaving the details to God and trusting Him simply to grant an outcome that I could be at peace with in a difficult circumstance. I marvel at how His plan ultimately unfolded in a way that exceeded all worldly expectations. This is the prayer as I remember it originally:

Holy Spirit, You who make me see everything and show me the way to reach my ideal,
You who give me the divine gift to forgive and forget the wrong that is done to me,
You who are in all instances of my life with me,
I, in this short dialogue want to thank You for everything, and confirm once more that I never want to be separated from You, no matter how great the material desires may be.
I want to be with You and my loved ones in Your perpetual glory.
Amen.
Pray this prayer for 3 days consecutively without asking for a favor. After the third day, your favor will be granted, no matter how difficult it is. Promise to publish the prayer after your favor is granted.

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟38,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
This is a prayer I learned of many years ago, and its words resonated with me. Recently, I spoke this prayer, leaving the details to God and trusting Him simply to grant an outcome that I could be at peace with in a difficult circumstance. I marvel at how His plan ultimately unfolded in a way that exceeded all worldly expectations. This is the prayer as I remember it originally:

Holy Spirit, You who make me see everything and show me the way to reach my ideal,
You who give me the divine gift to forgive and forget the wrong that is done to me,
I, in this short dialogue want to thank You for everything, and confirm once more that I never want to be separated from You, no matter how great the material desires may be.
Amen.
Pray this prayer for 3 days consecutively without asking for a favor. After the third day, your favor will be granted, no matter how difficult it is. Promise to publish the prayer after your favor is granted.
Yeshua taught us to address our prayers to our Father, in His name.
John 16:
And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever
you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that
your joy may be full.

What authority does the Holy Spirit have in regards to prayer?
Romans 8:
26 Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray
for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot
be uttered.
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.

We do receive instructions from the Holy Spirit, under the instructions
and authority from above.

John 16:
12 I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth;
for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak;
and He will tell you things to come.

14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.
15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and
declare it to you.
I speak with the Holy Spirit every day, throughout the day, in accordance with the
example given by Moses.

Exodus 33:11 So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend.
And he would return to the camp, but his servant Joshua the son of Nun, a young man,
did not depart from the tabernacle.
The Father is in heaven, whom no one has seen.
Joshua is a type of the Son Yeshua, seated at the right hand.
The Lord is the Holy Spirit, the Presence at the tabernacle of meeting.
I address Him as Lord, or My Lord.

2 Corinthians 3:
16 Nevertheless when one turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away.
17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

The Holy Spirit empowers us and gives us authority to serve our King Yeshua.
1 Corinthians 12:
Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God calls
Jesus accursed, and no one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit.

There is no scriptural support for addressing prayers to the Holy Spirit.
If you are a servant of the Most High God, you should speak as a servant
and address the Holy Spirit as Lord, as He rightly is that, and serves the Son,
even as the Son always deferred to the Father when on earth.

John 5:19 Then Jesus answered and said to them, Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son
can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does,

the Son also does in like manner.
John 8:29 And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always
do those things that please Him.

• Agree
Reactions: sandman
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I think the prayer is lovely, I question it needing to be said three days consecutively. God does not really work in that manner, where we pray something a certain number of times or in a certain way as if it were an incantation.

However, trusting that His will is to be trusted and to give us peace is a very sound idea.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Amen.
No thanks. I never pray to the Holy Spirit. I don't talk to the Holy Spirit. My relationship is to God through Lord Jesus. I talk and pray to them. I do not believe that God is like a dispensing machine where prayers go in and blessings come out. What if you ask something contrary to God's will?

• Agree
Reactions: crixus
Upvote 0

Leave It To God

Jan 14, 2022
Southfield
✟7,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Amen.

Thanks to all for your comments. Perhaps I should have included a more thorough preface with my original posting, especially considering I’m new to the community on Christian Forums.

I always make a habit of praying to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus, as I’ve been taught, and as was rightly brought up in some of your comments. Even in speaking the prayer I posted, I prefaced it with my own statement, saying something like “Dear Lord in heaven, I speak this prayer as an expression of my faith, in the name of my Savior, Jesus Christ…” I didn’t include my own preamble in my initial post, as I wanted to share the prayer in its original form for others of faith to consider according to their particular beliefs and customs.

I realize it’s unusual for a prayer to address The Holy Spirit directly, but I embraced it as one more channel through which to reach out to God within the larger context of Christian faith. I don’t know the original source, but I’ve run across slightly different versions of this prayer a few times, and it resonated with me at a time of need. My heart tells me its words reflect a sincere declaration of faith, not an attempt to somehow take a shortcut around God’s hierarchy for self-serving purposes. Surely it should not be spoken with the intent of circumventing God’s authority or His will, and surely any attempt to do so would be futile.

In fact, one thing that drew me to this prayer is that it opens not by making any request, but by giving thanks for divine gifts and expressing the need to remain ever connected to God above all else. I believe those declarations are stated first to show their primary importance, and any favor we currently seek is secondary, as are all other worldly concerns. In this way, it seems to speak to the larger plan God has for our lives, which transcends the circumstances of the moment.

With all that said, I wanted to share that my prayers were indeed answered in wondrous fashion. I had been facing a difficult circumstance that lingered in uncertainty for months. I prayed about it many times along the way in my daily prayers, sought advice from knowledgeable friends & family, and explored every worldly option I could think of, but never found a good solution. When things came to a critical point last fall, I spoke the prayer from my post. As I alluded to originally, I did so with the attitude that I would trust God to provide His solution in whatever form it took. I didn’t have specifics in mind of how things should happen, and I was resolved that I would be at peace with the outcome and accept God’s will no matter what. The way that things ultimately transpired far exceeded my hopes of what I thought possible in worldly terms. I could never have orchestrated this chain of events on my own, and it wouldn’t have ended nearly as well if my earlier attempts at resolution been successful. It was a profound reminder of a powerful truth – simply stated: God’s plan is way better than ours! It was a wonderful blessing to see this demonstrated in such dramatic fashion in my life. I posted the prayer not only to fulfill my promise to do so, but because I am moved to proclaim how greatly The Lord has blessed me through this experience. At the same time, I emphasize that my faith rests in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, not just in the words of any specific prayer or ritual.

Upvote 0

Leave It To God

Jan 14, 2022
Southfield
✟7,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I think the prayer is lovely, I question it needing to be said three days consecutively. God does not really work in that manner, where we pray something a certain number of times or in a certain way as if it were an incantation.

However, trusting that His will is to be trusted and to give us peace is a very sound idea.
I tend to be leery of such recitations too, but for me the words of the prayer really spoke to me and got me past any initial hesitation. Also, it brought to mind the three days for God’s promise to be fulfilled by the miracle of Jesus’ resurrection, and I wonder if the prayer is meant to reflect this in its three day timeline.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I tend to be leery of such recitations too, but for me the words of the prayer really spoke to me and got me past any initial hesitation. Also, it brought to mind the three days for God’s promise to be fulfilled by the miracle of Jesus’ resurrection, and I wonder if the prayer is meant to reflect this in its three day timeline.
Now that is different. I am 100% in favor of using a prayer as a way to meditate on different spiritual or scriptural things. Using it to meditate on the resurrection would be great, it was the last part that makes it seem like a prayer to a genie:

Reactions: crixus
Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟61,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No thanks. I never pray to the Holy Spirit. I don't talk to the Holy Spirit. My relationship is to God through Lord Jesus. I talk and pray to them. I do not believe that God is like a dispensing machine where prayers go in and blessings come out. What if you ask something contrary to God's will?

I agree with you Pete. The relationship is personal, not mechanical.

Last edited:
Upvote 0