Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are a lot of prayers that one can say in a day, however, the one prayer that I believe we all should be praying daily is the Prayer to Saint Michael.

The Prayer to Saint Michael was written by Pope Leo XIII on October 13, 1884, after seeing a vision and hearing two voices, one of God and other Satan having a conversion about the reign of Satan on the world. Once the vision had ended, Pope Leo returned to his office to write the Prayer to Saint Michael. He sent instructions to the universal church that the prayer should be said along with the Salve Regina after all Low Masses. This practice continued until 1970 when the new rite of Mass was introduced.

From 1970 till 1994, the Prayer to Saint Michael was lost in the Church, only being said by a small contingency of the faithful. I can attest to this because growing up in the Catholic Church we never said it at home nor did we say it Mass or at our youth group. It was during my undergraduate days (1994-1997) in the Saint Ignatius Institute at the University of San Francisco that I first learned of the prayer. Since then, it has been one of the prayers that I pray at the conclusion of Holy Mass. My family and I also recite it during our nighttime prayers.

PRAYER TO SAINT MICHAEL
SAINT MICHAEL, THE ARCHANGEL, DEFEND US IN BATTLE; BE OUR PROTECTION AGAINST THE WICKEDNESS AND SNARES OF THE DEVIL. MAY GOD REBUKE HIM, WE HUMBLY PRAY, AND DO THOU, O PRINCE OF THE HEAVENLY HOST, BY THE POWER OF GOD, THRUST INTO HELL, SATAN AND ALL THE OTHER EVIL SPIRITS, WHO PROWL THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, SEEKING THE RUIN OF SOULS. AMEN.

The timing of when I first learned the prayer coincides with the proclamation by the great Polish Pope of the 20th century. On April 24, 1994, the Prayer to Saint Michael was revitalized in the Catholic Church by Pope Saint John Paul II. He encouraged the Catholic faithful to begin reciting this prayer yet again. During his Regina Caeli message in St. Peter’s Square, he said,

“The prayer can fortify us for that spiritual battle about which the Letter to the Ephesians speaks [of]: “Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.”(Ephesians 6:10). And to this same battle that the Book of the Apocalypse refers [to], recalling in front of our eyes the image of St. Michael the Archangel (cf. Revelations 12:7). Surely, this scene was very present to Pope Leon XIII, when, at the end of the previous century, he introduced to the entire Church a special prayer to St. Michael: ‘St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil…Even if today this prayer is no longer recited at the end of the Eucharistic celebration, I invite all to not forget it, but to recite it in order to obtain help in the battle against the forces of darkness and the spirit of this world.”

Although our world seems to always be in disarray, recent days, months, and years seem to be more chaotic. Satan is trying to do all that he can across the world to cause havoc and lead many souls away from Jesus Christ and the Catholic Church. I would highly encourage you to pray this prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel EVERY DAY.

Never forget – God is always in control…and BE NOT AFRAID!

Our Lady of Fatima…Pray for Us

Saint Michael the Archangel…Pray for Us

Pope Saint John Paul II…Pray for Us

Pope Leo XIII…Pray for Us

Prayer to Saint Michael: The Prayer We Need to Pray EVERY DAY