• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Prayer to help understand and believe in Jesus

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by Blaise N, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Blaise N

Blaise N Member

+186
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican
    Many people already know that I struggle deeply with OCD.And I suffer tormenting unwanted Doubts about faith,belief,trust,and assurance in Christ and the Bible.My moments of doubt can go on for unrelenting weeks.Please,I ask anyone if they have the time to please:

Pray that I can believe and have faith in Christ

please pray for understanding of the Bible
    Please pray that God loves me(I cannot function normally not knowing if God loves me)
    Please pray that Jesus knows me
    PLEASE PRAY that I can have hope for salvation

Small or large prayers,Any prayers help so much.

• Prayers Prayers x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. FutureAndAHope

FutureAndAHope Just me Supporter

+1,917
    Christian
    Married
    Will pray.

3. Leaf473

Leaf473 Well-Known Member

+464
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Absolutely!

Our Father, please give my brother Blaise N wisdom and understanding and assurance, like Jesus talked about.

Hey, and please pray for me that God would give me a better understanding of the Bible too!

4. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,554
    Non-Denom
    Single
    These may help as well:
    Matthew 17:20--Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

John 3:16--For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:13-- “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

5. Blaise N

Blaise N Member

+186
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Republican

Absolutely!

O’Holy father,art in heaven,Please Give leaf473 a better and faithful belief and view in your word.Please,help him to understand,to have belief,to have faith.Please let your face shine on him and give him these things.

in Jesus name I pray.
    Amen

6. Unqualified

Unqualified Well-Known Member Supporter

+338
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I think you are wanting us to pray your ocd would be gone. I pray that. It could but probably won’t go. Trust God. He is not going to let you go to hell because you don’t want to. Keep trying, you believe. There is always that part of you that believes

7. MikeinSeattle

MikeinSeattle Looking for believers to pray with. Message me.

+96
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Listen to these passages on the audio bible. Listen to them over and over. They are basically all the passages of the bible that tell forth the salvation that is in Jesus. You need faith and faith comes through hearing the word of God.

I use the youversion app and the esv version. Almost all of them have a free audio option though.

John 6
    John 14-17
    Ephesians 1-2
    Psalm 103
    Isaiah 53
    Psalm 22
    Psalm 97, 48, 23, 75,91, 146, 147

You fear God obviously. You probably have salvation but if not you are close. Either way Jesus loves you. He hears your prayers and He will protect you and help you to find the salvation/ or assurance that you need. Just ask Him every day to do this and He will do it. Pray 3 times a day at least asking this. Fast if you are able (whatever you can sustain, dont hurt yourself, God sees how much you have to give). And go over those scriptures over and over until there truth sinks in to you.

Praying

8. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+9,157
    Messianic
    Private
    The Almighty is love. His son is love. I pray you will come to understand that and accept their love. I pray you will be saved and have assurance of your salvation, if you’re not already saved. I pray you will be healed from OCD.

9. Jeffwhosoever

Jeffwhosoever Faithful Servant & Seminary Student Staff Member Assistant Chaplain Angels Team Supporter

+2,821
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    You might need some professional help for your OCD. God can heal directly or through health professionals - God makes all things, including humans and medicines. As for faith, apply yourself to Scripture and follow the Lord's commands, and as you see yourself being obedient, your security in your salvation will improve. Read Galatians 5:22-23