Senior Veteran
Sep 21, 2006
New Zealand
✟11,180.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My heart really feels for all people who are members of this cult, especially Fred Phelps' children.

Looking into Orthodoxy from a hard-line CoC, I thought I had it tough, but looking at what they believe and stuff, I can only imagine what emotional torture it would be for those who wish to leave the WBC.

It, to me, is the anti-Christ, and we can only pray that one day its members will wake up and smell the coffee.:crosseo:

Reactions: 27B6
J

Jacob4707

http://www.addictedtohate.com/news.php

Read (in order) the lengthy items under the links for the Jon Michael Bell reporting on Phelps entitled "Addicted to Hate":

"On June 29, 1994 Jon Michael Bell, a former reporter hired to investigate Fred Phelps and Westboro Baptist Church by Stauffer Communications, Inc.,filed a lawsuit in Shawnee County District Court in Topeka, Kansas against Stauffer Communications alleging the Topeka Capital-Journal owed him compensation for overtime and to clarify ownership of his notes and work product. The work product in question, "Addicted to Hate" chronicling the life and times of Fred Phelps, was attached to the lawsuit as Exhibit A making it, therefore, a public document. Learning of the suit, members of Topeka's anti-Phelps underground delivered a certified copy of the lawsuit to a copy shop near the courthouse." <snip>

Addicted to Hate
Cover
Court Documents
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Upvote 0
J

Jacob4707

FYI - I heard one of Fred Phelps's daughters on a talk radio show a week or so ago. There is no reasoning with these people. They seem very nice and intelligent (and they are), but they are committed to their particular interpretation of Scripture and preach a fundamentalist Protestant theology that would take dynamite to blow a hole in. I'm not saying their theology is right, just saying that their whole life is invested in their programmed theology (not just about homosexuality, but about salvation and repentance and law and gospel and everything) and they won't listen to alternative interpretations. They have chapter and verse for everything. It's "the Bible says..." point after point after point, even when that's not what the Bible says, but is only what they interpret the verse to mean.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I saw Phelps' daughter on Hannity and Colmes and all she can do is rant about their theology about how the USA is like Sodom and God is whiping us out for neglecting Him. This was one of the very few episodes where Hannity and Colmes agreed. The main thing that I got was how scary Fundamentalism can be.

I also saw this thing where some reporter asked one of the children what his sign meant while they were picketting. The kid, who was around 6 years old, had no idea what a [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] was or where hell was or what happens in hell. All he knew was that hell was where [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] end up. Very disturbing and sad stuff.

They need our prayers.

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I probably shouldn't say this but Fred Phelps reminds me of Angus Scrimm (The Tall Man) from the Phantasm movies. Whenever I see a picture of him, I can just see him saying, "Boy!!!" and sending a little silver ball flying at me. :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,741.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
If I didn't know what '[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]' means in American, I would have thought this meant that 'God is against cigarettes'. ([wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] in English is cigarette).

Anyway, I shall include them in my prayer.
Have pity on the demons and on those they enslave, for they know not of the love of God.

"And first of all remember Your Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, which You have purchased with Your precious blood. Confirm and strengthen it, enlarge and multiply it, keep it in peace, and preserve it unconquerable by the gates of hell forever.
Heal the shisms of the churches, quench the ragings of the heathen, speedily undo and root out the growths of heresies, and bring them to naught by the power of Your Holy Spirit."

Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,741.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth].

Just wondering to see if that goes against the filter.

BTW, a [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] is an English type of meatball.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟62,741.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
"Wash your mouth" ^_^

I once did by accident when I bit into what I thought was a delicious looking strawberry....it turned out to be strawberry shaped soap.
I should have guessed with it being in a mock friutbowl in a bathroom.

Ahhh, the innocence of the 7 year old.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.