Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I hate church shopping. I hate getting invested in a church only to find myself hating the church and the people there.

Can someone be a total hermit and still be saved? Do I have to deal with others in order to be saved?

To be honest, if I didn't deal with others, then I would get super depressed, but I don't do well with dealing with others anyways. So, it seems that I should learn to accept being alone.

Depression, depression, depression, and loneliness. I hate this feeling.

ThyLovingkindness

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
✟14,359.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know, right now I'm between churches too so I understand. But where two or more are gathered... you're expressing yourself in a prayer forum, and no doubt others will comment too, so that's a fellowship of sorts. Praying that you'll stay in the Word and connect with other Christians one way or another!

Reactions: liars_paradox
Upvote 0
C

christsoccer

I hate church shopping. I hate getting invested in a church only to find myself hating the church and the people there.

Can someone be a total hermit and still be saved? Do I have to deal with others in order to be saved?

To be honest, if I didn't deal with others, then I would get super depressed, but I don't do well with dealing with others anyways. So, it seems that I should learn to accept being alone.

Praying for you to find a good church where you can fellowship, serve and get closer to God
:groupray::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:

Upvote 0

nicedream

Senior Veteran
Aug 22, 2011
✟10,214.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Lord, please show this child of Yours a fresh experience of your love and companionship. empower him to live in the way You want him to live. please show him the special gifts that make him so important to You and to the church. in Jesus name, Amen.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lord, please show this child of Yours a fresh experience of your love and companionship. empower him to live in the way You want him to live. please show him the special gifts that make him so important to You and to the church. in Jesus name, Amen.
Yes, I hope that he does do that for me. :)

Upvote 0

LJCTAM

Oct 3, 2013
✟18,183.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Same goes for me L_P/ I hate it/

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,086,087.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private

Churches have brought many blessings to countless people. However, not always. So often on this forum I have seen people, for example, expressing disappointment in their Churches.

You don't have to go to Church to be saved. You can search from Genesis to Revelation and you will never find anything saying go to Church. The word "Church" in the Bible doesn't even mean what it meant in the Greek. It is a translation from Greek to Hebrew of the word "ecclesia", also found in the "Old" Testament and only means a gathering of believers.

The apostles and early believers never heard of a big building with a cross on top where people gathered to worship on Sundays. No such thing existed for centuries. Per what the Scriptures and 1st century history show, they met in Synagogues and/or in people's homes on the Sabbath. Since the Sabbath ends Saturday night, sometimes worship flowed over into the "first day" or Sunday night. Of course they were free to gather and worship at any time.

I wonder if you could get one or two other believers to meet and have Bible study? Maybe even online. Again, we are told not to forsake fellowshipping with others, but never told to go to a Church.

Praying that you will find good fellowship in side Church and/or outside of it.

Upvote 0

liars_paradox

Jun 8, 2009
North Carolina
✟9,505.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You don't have to go to Church to be saved. You can search from Genesis to Revelation and you will never find anything saying go to Church. The word "Church" in the Bible doesn't even mean what it meant in the Greek. It is a translation from Greek to Hebrew of the word "ecclesia", also found in the "Old" Testament and only means a gathering of believers...

I wonder if you could get one or two other believers to meet and have Bible study? Maybe even online. Again, we are told not to forsake fellowshipping with others, but never told to go to a Church...

Praying that you will find good fellowship in side Church and/or outside of it.

Thanks. I am working on this current church, but I am also trying another church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.