Prayer Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm Ronald Cox II and I've been recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease. It's a life long chronic disease that effects your colon and small intestine. Although not often fatal it is a rather difficult disease to live with. A small mass was also found in my liver but ruled out to just be fatty liver tissue, which in time, heals itself on its own. Here recently I've been producing a lot of bile and have pain under my rib cage on the right side which indicates a problem with either my liver or my gall bladder. I pray night and day that I do not have cancer and live in fear eventhough I try hard not to.

My marriage has also been facing a rocky situation and my wife lost sight of the path to righteousness through our recent difficult times. Here recently I've helped her back on that path and things seem to be looking up. I know that I should place my worries and fears in the Lord and keep only faith and hope prominent in my life. As a human, I find this hard to do. I still continue to worry, eventhough God says I shouldn't, and it's taken it's toll on me.

The most positive thing that has come out of all of this is that I found my way back to Christ whereas before I had lost my way. Since I heard the news I have dedicated each waking moment to God and pray that he leads me to do his work here on earth. It is faith like I've never felt before. I've repented my sins and asked Jesus into my heart, accepting Him as my saviour.

I humbly ask that you pray for me in this time of need, for my illness, marriage and my wife and I thank each and every one of you. If anyone has biblical references on how to deal with fear and sickness please post them as I'm sure they will help.

God bless,
Ron

kimber1

mean people suck
Feb 25, 2003
Va.
Visit site
✟38,363.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
my prayers are with you ron! :pray: my ex mother-in-law was diagnosed with that not too long ago. she was pretty sick there for awhile in the hospital but she is doing wonderfully now although had to make a huge change in her diet--as i'm sure your dr. has already told you.

it's amazing how good can come out of what seems so bad isn't it!! praise God you have chosen to put Him back in control of your life!!

Jeremiah 30:17a I will bring back your health and heal your injuries, says the Lord....

Proverbs 4:20-22 My child pay attention to my words; listen closely to what I say. Don't ver forget my words; keep them always in mind. They are the key to life for those who find them, they bring health to the whole body.

Isaiah 40:31 But the people who trust in the Lord will become strong again. They will rise up as an eagle in the sky; they will run and not need rest, they will walk and not become tired.

Proverbs 3:25-26 You won't be afraid of sudden trouble; you won't fear the ruin that comes to the wicked, because the Lord will keep you safe. He will keep you from being trapped.

Upvote 0

bravesaz

Jul 5, 2003
AZ
Visit site
✟289.00
Faith
Christian
I'll definitely pray for you and your situation. A wise person once gave me this bit of advice that I'd like to pass on to you:

Worry is like a rocking chair--it keeps you busy but gets you nowhere.

I know how difficult it is to not worry about things. Even today, I find myself worring about things I have absolutely no control over. That is, until I remember who is in control!

Upvote 0

wvmtnkid

Order of the Candle
May 29, 2002
West Virginia
Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Praying for you!

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (fear), but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

Isaiah 41:10: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:13: "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.