Sep 5, 2005
NW Ohio (almost Michigan)
Visit site
✟91,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
ET staff is asking that you to join us in prayer

Please join in prayer for all who are members of CF, whether current or former, active or inactive, staff and nonstaff, that we are given wisdom and love, and show grace and compassion for all. Pray for that we forgive others as Christ forgave us.

Dear Lord, You are great, merciful and faithful. We ask that you bless us and give us wisdom so that our posts reflect Christ in us, and glorifies You. We ask for healing for all who have been hurt emotionally, are discouraged, and that you give us compassion in our dealings with each other. May we show your grace in our communications with others.
I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ our Savior.
Amen.

Col 3:16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Please pray with me.

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayer Before Commencing Any Task
Almighty God, our Help and Refuge, the Fountain of wisdom and Tower of strength, who knowest that I can do nothing without thy guidance, and help; assist me, I pray thee, and direct me to divine wisdom and power, that I may accomplish this task [of posting messages], and whatever I may undertake to do, faithfully and diligently, according to they will, so that it may be profitable to myself and others, and to the glory of thy Holy Name. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit: now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.
A Prayer of Repentance
O Lord our God, good and merciful, I acknowledge all my sins which I have committed every day of my life, in thought, word, and deed; in body and soul alike. I am heartily sorry that I have ever offended thee, and I sincerely repent; with tears I humbly pray thee, O Lord: of they mercy forgive me all my past trangressions and absolve me from them. I firmly resolve, with the help of Thy Grace, to amend my way of life and to sin no more; that I may walk in the way of the righteous and offer praise and glory to the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Amen.

Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese. Service Book of the Holy Eastern Orthodox Catholic and Apostolic Church. 10th Ed. Englewood Hills, NJ. 1997. 18, 23.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟828,231.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
For Divine Guidance...

Almighty and ever-living God, You made us both to will and to do those things that are good and acceptable in Your sight. Let Your fatherly hand ever guide us and Your Holy Spirit ever be with us here at Christian Forums, and where ever we may venture; to direct us in the knowledge and obedience of Your Word that we may obtain everlasting life; through Jesus Christ, our Lord.

Amen

Upvote 0

Hoankan

TAW Samurai
Feb 14, 2007
Gifu, Japan
✟28,136.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hate to be a Debbie Downer, but is ecumenical prayer really appropriate in the individual faith forums, especially when there are canons prohibiting Orthodox Christians praying with non-Orthodox?

There are canons yes. When a non-Orthodox prays, I simply cross myself instead of speak as Father George instructed.

But is praying for CF, the members and staff a bad thing to do? Is praying your own prayer and putting it next to a non-Orthodox wrong?

edie did pray her own way. And others followed, each adding a prayer. Each prayer separate but all praying for the same thing.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us here at CF. Glory to the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, now and forever and unto the ages of ages. Amen.:crosseo:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.