✟1,098,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
(CLV) Ex 31:13
Now you, speak to the sons of Israel saying-, Surely, My sabbaths shall you keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations to know that I am Yahweh, Who is hallowing you.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am requesting prayer for a new Job. one that allows me to observe the Sabbath.
Step out in faith. Tell God you are going to quit your job to follow Him and claim His promises. Then quit. God rewards faith and obedience to His commands. He will take care of you when follow Him in everything.

You display a lack of trust in Him when you keep on doing what you know God does not want you to do. The Israelites left their bodies in the wilderness because of their lack of faith which was expressed as disobedience to God's commands.

Hebrews 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.
Hebrews 4:1 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
2 For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
5 And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.
6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟369,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Step out in faith. Tell God you are going to quit your job to follow Him and claim His promises. Then quit. God rewards faith and obedience to His commands. He will take care of you when follow Him in everything.

You display a lack of trust in Him when you keep on doing what you know God does not want you to do. The Israelites left their bodies in the wilderness because of their lack of faith which was expressed as disobedience to God's commands.
this is so wrong. you statement has nothing to do with my situation. there is no lack of faith and it is not about not keeping the Sabbath now. I am observing the sabbath. I am asking for prayer so I can find a NEW Job that will help me keep the sabbath. My current job does not give enough hours.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
this is so wrong. you statement has nothing to do with my situation. there is no lack of faith and it is not about not keeping the Sabbath now. I am observing the sabbath. I am asking for prayer so I can find a NEW Job that will help me keep the sabbath. My current job does not give enough hours.
My apologies. To me your wording implied that your current job did not.

I am requesting prayer for a new Job. one that allows me to observe the Sabbath.

Upvote 0