• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Prayer Request

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by SassySkittles2, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

1. SassySkittles2

SassySkittles2 New Member

+5
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    If it's alright, I'd like to ask for prayers for me and my little one. I've had a run of bad luck lately and it just seems to keep piling on. I can't get out of this rut. Normally, things are fine. Breaking even on everything, even with visits to the hospital. Lately, that's not the case. I've been searching for a job, whether online or locally, for months now and had no luck. This has caused me to fall behind on bills. It wasn't a huge issue at first, I'm able to be a month behind on a few bills and just pay my balance forward. easy enough. But with late fees piling up, I can no longer afford to do even that. Most of my bills are due Friday. If I don't get the electric/utility bill paid, or at least the late fees and balance forward, my power will be shut off. With no job and not enough income from my little ones child support to even cover all my normal bills, power cut off means getting evicted from our apartment, because I can't afford to pay the bill AND have it turned back on. Can't afford either at this point, really. I'm also behind on my phone/internet bill. Because there are only plans that allow bundling, I can't ditch one and just HAVE one. It has to be a more expensive bundle or I have no phone at all. I CAN'T fall behind on this one because it IS instantly cut off. Thankfully the bill isn't due until the 15th, but after paying what I COULD on my electric bill, though it wasn't enough, I have no way to pay the phone bill. Even beyond all that mess, I'm unable to even get basic necessities. Hygiene items (TP, pads, trash bags), food, all a big nope. I've looked into SOME suggestions from others, churches and food banks, and had no luck. The church nearest to us that we could walk to, which is also the food bank/pantry, hasn't been able to help ANYONE for a while now, due to no donations coming in and people who don't NEED help taking advantage of what was there before. If you drive a jacked up, chromed up truck and have gold chains around your neck, you don't need to be at a Food Bank, just my opinion on that. Food wise, SNAP benefits for my little guy don't come in until the 17th, so that doesn't really help us right now. As far as family goes, we aren't in contact after a fallout a little over 2 years ago, so I can't ask them for help. Friends, the few I have, haven't been able to help either. It's starting to feel like no matter what I do, I CAN'T get out of this. I've been doing my best, but I feel like a bad parent, not being able to provide for my child. I know that rough patches in life are unavoidable, but that doesn't change how I feel. I appreciate any and all prayers, or even advice/kind words. Everything is very much appreciated.

Edit: Because a few people suggested it, I'll leave my Paypal address here. If it's not allowed, please let me know and I'll remove it! It's: [email protected]

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 1:34 PM
    • Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. LaBèlla

LaBèlla ❣️ His little lady ❣️ Supporter

+3,907
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Celibate
    Find your local LIHEAP office. Find out when they begin accepting applications. You should have no problem qualifying. Pay what you can on the bill. When you’re approved the money will be sent to the electric company.

AT&T has a special plan for low-imcome customers for its landline. You may have to go in this direction for a time.

You should apply for TANF. I don’t know how old your child is. But SNAP is difficult to manage if you don’t have cash resources. You’ll receive a small stipend and medical benefits. Settle your basic needs first.

Apply for subsidized housing if you aren’t in it. This will enable you to afford your housing as your finances increase.

Go to school. You should qualify for financial assistance, can apply for work study, and receive daycare benefits. Avoid high priced schools. Go to a community college and leverage this period for your benefit. Use your financial aid refund wisely.

Look for a church with a thriving women’s ministry. You need support and the prayers of godly women and their influence.

This is a season. Not a lifetime sentence. Go to the library and find this book. Read it. If you can grasp that message you’ll make it through your valley.

Look in the Christian section while you’re there. Grab titles that speak to your heart. You need to pour into your spirit. Especially in periods of want. Stormie Omartian’s books on prayer would be a great start.

Pray against the spirit of poverty and barrenness. But the caveat of that prayer is action. Faith and works.

Seek the Lord’s input on your studies. Ask Him to direct you to the right field that aligns with your purpose. He will do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Mydreams

Mydreams Well-Known Member

+3,485
    India
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Lord bless SassySkittles2, and this prayer request, in Jesus name, Amen!

4. LoricaLady

LoricaLady YHWH's Supporter

+5,718
    Messianic
    Private
    Of course it is fine for you to ask for prayers here! That's what this Forum is for. :) Welcome.

I pray you will be given insight and wisdom and help and healing regarding your relationship with your family, and that you will be given insight and wisdom and guidance, and help from holy angels, in finding a good job soon.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  5. SassySkittles2

+5
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you <3

6. SassySkittles2

+5
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you very much for the prayers <3

7. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Supporter Angels Team

+19,901
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I pray for the Lords guidance and blessing in Jesus name

8. Rachelm2535

Rachelm2535 New Member

+6
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    This is so much to carry by yourself. Thank you for reaching out. Have you called around to different churches and ministries within the churches? When things get incredibly overwhelming and out of our control it gets so scary. At these times I have found myself on my knees crying out to God. He always answers! Please know I am praying. Also there are some amazing counselors at Focus on the Family that you can contact to help talk you through some of the struggles you find yourself in right now and pray for you too. -Rachel

9. SassySkittles2

+5
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    @Rachelm2535 I've called around to just about everywhere I can, honestly. Even the owners of the apartment complex where I live. Things are rocky, but thanks to a couple people, at least part of my overdo bills are paid, so me and my little one will have a roof over our heads for a little while longer at least. Just need to focus on getting some food for the two of us somehow, until I hear back about possible jobs.

10. Rachelm2535

Rachelm2535 New Member

+6
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I will be praying specifically for the jobs. And thank you Lord for providing.

11. SassySkittles2

+5
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Thank you