• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

prayer request

Discussion in 'Looking for a Church' started by StillGods, Aug 17, 2019.

1. StillGods

StillGods Well-Known Member

+899
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    So I am going to church where no one talks to me. when i left this church a few years ago no one contacted me, they didnt care. but the teaching is good. one of the pastors is good. I went back to this church because the other church I had been going to was Calvinist and I'm not one so after a year or so couldn't go there as I didnt agree with the teaching.

so i am going to the church where no one talks to me today in sort of a last ditch try to see if it's worth going there any more.

i gave someone my contact details to help with morning tea a couple of weeks ago but they havent contacted me.

I am drifting from God. i can feel it. i just want to connect with people but most people my age have families so it is difficult for them to have things in common with me I suppose.

I am tempted to just join a spiritual wellness new age group just to have people to be around and meet with each week. I am lonely and church people just dont care so yes last effort today at this church we'll see if anyone cares then I dont know where I'll end up.

and before people lecture me that I have to make an effort I have.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+3,732
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Yeah churches are bad places for lonely people. They can be friendly, but don't always reach out. They can come off as cold since they're trying to cultivate God oriented spirituality instead of satisfying egos. Which is unfortunate, since everyone goes through a stage of ego development being born in a human body.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. StillGods

+899
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    you're right
    I guess I must be trying to satisfy my ego.. selfish me.
    might as well not go.

I only try to go to church because of God.
    why else would I subject myself to the torture of going to a place regularly where I am rejected and ignored by people?

but I do so I can worship God by listening to a sermon and singing worship songs.

I'm just tired of the torture side of it.
    i'm sorry I need kindness from people so badly to satisfy my selfish ego, because I wish I didnt need a friendly face so badly from 'Gods people.'

• Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. StillGods

+899
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    but I will go to the torture chamber again today, see if this week there is a sign I should keep going or give up and join an alternative faith group that is willing to have me there.

5. Messerve

Messerve Well-Known Member

+777
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Wow... I'm sorry you feel it's torturous to attend your church. Do you have no other options in your area? I, too, have contacted people before but never heard back. It's really ridiculous how churches will emphasize how they need help, but then completely drop the ball when people step up to help. I think it sometimes is because they are trying to do everything at once and simply forget to respond to people.

Perhaps you should start a Bible study at your home and form your own group. It sounds as if your area could use another option for worship - something other than New Age mindlessness.

6. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+1,166
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Prayer for God's solution and patience is a better idea than joining what seems friendly, but operates in a wrong spirit.

I identify with your struggle - the church needs to rethink it's structure and mission and return to a family focus.

7. ilovejcsog

ilovejcsog I am a Christian mutt.

+821
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Others
    I am sorry for how you are being treated at the churches. Is is interesting when I was going to church I didn't want to be welcomed. I just wanted to sit in the back and enjoy the sermon, music and prayer.
    Mostly people want to hover around you in the churches I used to go to. I am praying for you that you will get individual attention that you need.
    Blessings!

8. Greengardener

Greengardener for love is of God Supporter

+176
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I feel with you on this one. The ongoing contact with God through His Word is so important, and so is the fellowship with other believers for encouragement, edification, and the occasional reproving that we need to stay on the narrow way. The online forum helps, online preaching helps, but the face to face real time experience is still a need. I met someone recently who used an online platform (Meet-ups) to host a read-the-Bible-together kind of Bible study, and another who used Craigslist for a similar purpose, but that has a degree of risk and might be difficult to take the lead on a task like this until you've reached a solid place that it's you and God regardless who else is going to walk according to what He teaches. It might be that by looking, you can find others who have a similar goal of fellowship, but be careful and keep to what God has already told us in His word. At all costs, keep your heart.

9. JustRachel

JustRachel He welcomed me back! <3 Supporter

+550
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Have you checked back with the "someone" that you gave your contact info to? See who is involved in things and ask if you can help. Do you talk to others or just wait for them to talk to you?

10. Newtheran

Newtheran Well-Known Member

+550
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yeah, you don't want to do that.

Surely there are other churches or bible studies in your area that you can attend?

11. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+6,960
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Please, please, please don't mistake fellowship and friendliness with a spiritually or theologically healthy environment.

Mormons are mega friendly. They're worshipping a false god.

Please don't focus too much on other people, friend. Focus on God. Pray for the folks around you, and don't make this so much about how you feel.

I hear you, though. I attended a church for years where no one was very friendly and where I felt I didn't fit it. It angered me a lot. I see now that my focus should not have been on socializing, or how I felt, but on Christ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List