Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I need prayer for clarity, truth, help, where I’m really at with God. I sincerely believe the Holy Spirit left me years ago, I truly believe I am not right with God and I never feel like things are ok anymore, no matter what I do. This is how I have felt for something like eight or nine years now. It doesn’t matter if I pray, give, serve, fast, share my faith, repent, worship, read and study, or do nothing at all I’m still left feeling separated from God. I don’t even know why I bothered going to church today honestly, I left today with the thought that I’m probably heading towards a judgement with a bad ending. I honestly don’t even know why I’m asking for prayer, I’ve had hundreds of people pray for me over the years and yet here I am still stuck in desperation.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I need prayer for clarity, truth, help, where I’m really at with God. I sincerely believe the Holy Spirit left me years ago, I truly believe I am not right with God and I never feel like things are ok anymore, no matter what I do. This is how I have felt for something like eight or nine years now. It doesn’t matter if I pray, give, serve, fast, share my faith, repent, worship, read and study, or do nothing at all I’m still left feeling separated from God. I don’t even know why I bothered going to church today honestly, I left today with the thought that I’m probably heading towards a judgement with a bad ending. I honestly don’t even know why I’m asking for prayer, I’ve had hundreds of people pray for me over the years and yet here I am still stuck in desperation.

Hello brother Curtis. Praise be to God he is calling you back to him through his Spirit!

All God's promises are conditional on BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD in the "PRESENT TENSE" and is why we are WARNED about falling away and ENDURING to the end, BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD.

It is only those who ENDURE TEMPTATION to the END that RECEIVE EVERLATING LIFE *JAMES 1:12. Those who fall away from God's WORD back into a life of sin and are no longer BELIEVERS and FOLLOWERS of GOD'S WORD and in the "PRESENT TENSE" are UNBELIEVERS and as such God's promises do not apply to them *HEBREWS 6:4-8; HEBREWS 10:26-27.

God's SALVATION is conditional on...

REPENTANCE *MATTHEW 3:2; MATTHEW 4:17; LUKE 13:3-5; ACTS 2:38; ACTS 3:19; ACTS 8:32; PROVERBS 28:9-13,

CONFESSION *1 JOHN 1:9; PROVERBS 28:13 OF SIN *JAMES 2:10-11; 1 JOHN 3:4 and

FAITH *JOHN 3:14-21 in God's promises *2 PETER 1:4 in the NEW COVENANT are all requirement for salvation.

Those who follow God do not practice KNOWN SIN and those who continue in SIN do not know God *1 JOHN 3:9; 1 JOHN 2:1-4 and need to be BORN AGAIN. If the HOLY SPIRIT cannot come and go why are we warned to not GRIEVE the HOLY SPIRIT *EPHESIANS 4:30; PSALMS 51:10-13.

We GRIEVE God's SPIRIT by SIN *GENESIS 6:5-6; PSALMS 119:158 and not BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD *PSALMS 95:10-11; HEBREWS 3:10-11; HEBREWS 3:17-19.

It is ONLY those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END that will be saved *JOHN 8:31-36; MATTHEW 24:13; MARK 13:13; HEBREWS 3:13-14; HEBREWS 3:6; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 23; HEBREWS 10:26-27; HEBREWS 6:4-8; MATTHEW 13:18-23.

According to the scriptures if we are not CONTINUING to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD to the END we can GREIVE God's Spirit and depart from the faith *2 THESSALONIANS 2:1-3; 1 TIMOTHY 4:1.

According to God's WORD in the NEW COVENANT, SIN is the transgression of God's ETERNAL LAW (10 commandments) and through the LAW we have the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is when broken *1 JOHN 3:4; ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; JAMES 2:10-11.

No one is "UNDER THE LAW" if they have by God's GRACE, repented of their SINS and CONFESSED them and by FAITH Accepted the FREE GIFT of God's SALVATION *ACTS 2:38; 3:19; 8:22; 1 JOHN 1:9; EPHESIANS 2:13.

According to God's WORD it is only those who are CONINUING in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN that are "UNDER THE LAW" because they stand guilty before God of breaking it *ROMANS 3:19 and do not know God and need to be BORN AGAIN *1 JOHN 2;1-4; 1 JOHN 3:3-10.

According to God's WORD all those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27 because they reject the gift of God's dear son *ROMANS 6:23.

We are saved by GRACE through faith and not of ourselves it is a gift of God *EPHESIANS 2:8. OBEDIENCE to God's LAW is not how we are saved it is the FRUIT of God's work in us as we BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD through love. If our faith has no fruit it is dead *JAMES 2:18-20; 26 and our tree will be cast down and thrown into the fire *MATTHEW 3:10; 7:19-20; 13:49-50.

NOW PAY CLOSE ATTENTION brother Curtis. God's WORD says...

1 JOHN 2:1 [1], My little children, these things write I to you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:[2], And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our's only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 JOHN 1:9 [9], If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Dear brother, GOd's WORD is the POWER of GOD unto salvation to everyone who BELIEVES. Resist the devil's temptation not to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. If you BELIEVE God's promises today BELIEVE you are made right with GOD Now! Not because you are worthy because you are not (we all are not) BELIEVE GOd's WORD now! If you have repented and confessed your sins to GOD, BELIEVE GOd's promises NOW. It is so because God says so now. You have salvation NOW when you BELIEVE God's promise to you. This is GOd's free gift to you when you BELIEVE and continue in God's Word

JOHN 8:31-36
[31], Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed;
[32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
[33], They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how say you, You shall be made free?
[34], Jesus answered them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Whoever commits sin is the servant of sin.
[35], And the servant stays not in the house for ever: but the Son stays ever.
[36], If the Son therefore shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

It does not matter brother what you have done. Go to JESUS now give up your sins, confess them and BELIEVE his promises of FORGIVENESS to you now. You have God's promise of salvation NOW this very moment as soon as you BELIEVE God's WORD! Thank him :)

God bless

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You have forgotten how much God loves you. We are our worst enemies. We talk ourselves out of Gods love when our sinful selves take over. Believe that you receive.
Read Gods word to you. Speak positive to yourself about you and God. Your negatives are not feeding your spirit. Love yourself and love God!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What you're going through is called the Dark Night of the Soul.

Many great saints have gone through very long, dark, and deep ones.

Have you ever read C. S. Lewis's THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS?

In one of them he says, through the mouth of Screwtape, the Demons are never more frightened than when a Christian looks over a spiritual landscape from which all signs of God have vanished, asks why he has been abandoned, yet still intends to do God's will.

Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Perhaps read Romans. Have you been baptised under water yet?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
What you're going through is called the Dark Night of the Soul.

Many great saints have gone through very long, dark, and deep ones.

Have you ever read C. S. Lewis's THE SCREWTAPE LETTERS?

In one of them he says, through the mouth of Screwtape, the Demons are never more frightened than when a Christian looks over a spiritual landscape from which all signs of God have vanished, asks why he has been abandoned, yet still intends to do God's will.

I’m really starting to not care anymore, it’s just not in me anymore.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps read Romans. Have you been baptised under water yet?

Yes-

I was so Holy Spirit filled at some points it was incredible. I really felt like life was a relationship with God. Now I feel like my faith is pointless and that it is all in vain.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Curtis please don’t give up. We rely on our feelings way too much. We have to put our feelings aside. Because you can’t feel the Holy Spirit it doesn’t mean you have been abandoned. Please keep pushing through. Keep praying. Keep reading the Bible. There are too many who have never had and never will have faith and it’s heartbreaking. Hold tight to your faith. Hold tight to God’s words.

Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes-

I was so Holy Spirit filled at some points it was incredible. I really felt like life was a relationship with God. Now I feel like my faith is pointless and that it is all in vain.

Aw I know it feels like that. I believe the Lord will never leave you nor forsake you.

The last part is your conscience just needs to be cleared of the guilt and feeling separated. I used to feel the same way. Reading Romans may open you to the answer without me saying it to you. Pray for revelation and wisdom. Pm me if you still can't find it in a week.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
Curtis please don’t give up. We rely on our feelings way too much. We have to put our feelings aside. Because you can’t feel the Holy Spirit it doesn’t mean you have been abandoned. Please keep pushing through. Keep praying. Keep reading the Bible. There are too many who have never had and never will have faith and it’s heartbreaking. Hold tight to your faith. Hold tight to God’s words.

I have to fight feelings constantly because of my poor health, it is unavoidable. I feel like demons are scratching holes in my brain. What if the spirit left me? The Holy Spirit is supposed to be the comforter of my soul, why would He stop doing that, especially after developing a severe health issue? Wouldn’t he be my greatest support in this problem?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mel333

May 27, 2019
Brisbane
✟34,753.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to fight feelings constantly because of my poor health, it is unavoidable. I feel like demons are scratching holes in my brain. What if the spirit left me? The Holy Spirit is supposed to be the comforter of my soul, why would He stop doing that, especially after developing a severe health issue? Wouldn’t he be my greatest support in this problem?

No, God will never leave you. You might be under attack however by the dark side trying to turn you away from him. In your mind.

Pm me your symptoms. You still care, or you wouldn't be on this forum caring about it.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Mydreams

Dec 20, 2017
Delhi
✟242,348.00
Country
India
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord let all the negative thoughts leave Curtis.Hilliker, bless Curtis.Hilliker to experience your love, grace and presence. Lord bless Curtis.Hilliker and this prayer, and let you be glorified, in Jesus righteous name, Amen!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,083,486.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I pray for your health. Poor health can make people feel worn out emotionally and mentally which presents a hazard to a prayer life.

I pray that you will be given insight into what the impediment is, and with that wisdom and strength on how to be led to overcome it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
lol not sure why that posted three times...

It's a glitch that happens sometimes LOL!

Be willing to TRUST God even when nothing makes sense. Pray about this. Just as the man said in the New Testament to Jesus, "Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief", we can pray that same prayer. Praying for you Curtis. Hang in there. (((hug)))

Upvote 0