Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just found out that the former pastor of one of the Assemblies of God churches that I attended for the greatest length of time while growing up has been arrested and is going to trial for sodomy and sexual assault of three girls under the age of twelve. Some of these incidents apparently occurred while I was still attending this church as a teen.

This man is one of the main reasons I left Christianity in my twenties. He's a big reason why my sister is agnostic. If reading Internet comments is any indication, this man is directly responsible for other people no longer attending church too. While I was a bit surprised to learn of this, he has NEVER been a nice person, so I can't be too surprised.

All of this has just brought back some really difficult memories and experiences for me. Just when I think I'm truly over a lot of spiritual stuff from my past, things like this happen.

Please pray for those of us that once attended his church and his victims.

Nikti

Jul 9, 2015
Australia
✟15,527.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Is this Frank Houston? Or someone associated with his church? Or have I got the wrong guy and church?

I know Frank Houston was accused of multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors, which was all exposed in a Royal Commission, I'm pretty sure he was a part of the Assemblies of God. His son now runs Hillsong Church and was accused of victim blaming... I stopped going to church when I realised this because my now former church uses Hillsong songs, supports their conferences and uses their sermons all the time....

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟171,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is this Frank Houston? Or someone associated with his church? Or have I got the wrong guy and church?

I know Frank Houston was accused of multiple counts of sexually assaulting minors, which was all exposed in a Royal Commission, I'm pretty sure he was a part of the Assemblies of God. His son now runs Hillsong Church and was accused of victim blaming... I stopped going to church when I realised this because my now former church uses Hillsong songs, supports their conferences and uses their sermons all the time....

No, this isn't Frank Houston. It is an Assemblies of God church, but it is one in the US and not Australia (I'm assuming you're from Australia).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums