Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm asking for prayers now because my husband and I need to move out of our very small apartment by the end of June and we haven't found another place yet. I've been calling places like crazy but I get very few calls returned for some reason.

One thing we've noticed is that potential landlords we've talked to always ask if I am working somewhere. When we say "no", they look pretty disapproving. There seem to be strong biases out there against women who stay home, and I don't think it's helping us any. Landlords really prefer 2 income families, apparently.

Anyway, the cost of housing in our area is totally ridiculous and so far most of the places in our price range are in dicey neighborhoods. Please pray that we can find a place that suits our needs and is in a safe neighborhood. Safety is especially important to us now that we have a baby on the way. Thanks!

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grand_Duchess-Elizaveta

Pie-baking apron-clad hausfrau :D
Jun 22, 2004
Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you asked at church if anyone has any connections that way? We got hooked up with a guy who goes to the Greek church and he's a great landlord.
Well, we've put the word out and asked for prayer. Matushka had a suggestion which didn't work out. If anyone in our parish had connections, she would know about it. I don't think anyone does.

We just got back from looking at another place. It was another dud.:sigh:

Upvote 0

Grand_Duchess-Elizaveta

Pie-baking apron-clad hausfrau :D
Jun 22, 2004
Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks to all who have prayed.:hug: We were just approved for a townhouse and will go tomorrow to sign the lease. It's not in the best of neighborhoods, but we will just have to trust God and use good locks.;) The apartment itself is great, though. It has lots of space and has been well maintained.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.