Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hope y'all don't mind another prayer request.:pray: Please pray for my dad. He is not doing well at all. He has COPD (emphysema) and has now developed a heart problem. On top of this, he is going through withdraw from being on prednisone for a long time, so he's being tested to see if his adrenal gland is working properly (a side effect of coming off prednisone is adrenal problems). He is so weak that he cannot even go to the bathroom by himself. He's only 63. His name is Carlos.

Oh, and in addition to all of this, he has Rheumatoid Arthritis which isn't really being effectively treated right now, so he's in a lot of pain to boot. All in all, he's in bad shape and needs lots of prayer.:crosseo:

Protoevangel

Smash the Patriarchy!
Feb 6, 2004
Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
OrthoPrayer.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grand_Duchess-Elizaveta

Pie-baking apron-clad hausfrau :D
Jun 22, 2004
Canada
✟4,397.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lord have mercy on Carlos.

(sorry if this is a stupid question... are you part Hispanic, then? That's cool!!)
Nope.:) My grandma just had unusual taste in names.

Thanks to all who are praying.:hug: You might include me in those prayers, if you can. This is all very hard on me. I'm hard wired to be the family care giver, yet I am "stuck" in another country, unable to be home to help out with his care (immigration issues...can't leave the country yet). It's really hurting me.:cry:All this stress is not good for me or the baby. I talked to my mom yesterday and ended up crying for an hour or so. It's just too much for me right now, between financial concerns, needing to find a new apartment soon, needing to get a car, husband may be changing jobs in the next couple of months, waiting for health coverage and hoping I get it before the baby is born, and now my dad's failing health......:help:

Upvote 0

Khaleas

Also known as Jenn the Finn :)
Feb 2, 2005
Virginia
✟9,581.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Prayers!
Guess Canadian immigration is as efficient as the US one. I just called US one and asked what I should do if my permanent residency card is in one name and my passport is in another. They were like Umm, yea, we have no idea. Thanks guys! So I'm just gonna wander over to the airport and ask those guys. They do my inprocessing anyways... I just love where our tax dollars go.

Upvote 0

Philothei

Love never fails
Nov 4, 2006
Northeast, USA
✟68,179.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Praying. Just hang in there. We have not been doing any better...My FL is facing surgery right now this coming week. We are not too happy about it but he has to have it. On the top of it he has kidney failure. It is devastating for my husband and his mom. Being pregnant and dealing with all this is not fun, but try to give up alll worries to Christ as much as you can. I found out about this prayer that helped me:

O Lord, grant me to greet the coming day in peace. Help me in all things to rely on Your Holy will. In every hour of the day reveal Your will to me. Bless my dealings with all who surround me.
Teach me to treat all that comes to me throughout the day with peace of soul, and with the firm conviction that Your will governs all.
In all my deeds and words guide my thoughts and feelings. In unforeseen events, let me not forget that all are sent by You. Teach me to act firmly and wisely, without embittering and embarrassing others.
Give me strength to bear the fatigue of this coming day with all that it shall bring.
Direct my will, teach me to pray, pray You Yourself in me.
Amen.

Then again I am sure that you are already know this prayer. Hope this helps,

Praying for you father that the Lord would restore his health.

God bless,
Philothei

Upvote 0
T

Thekla

The prayer Philothei recommends is amazing - its my morning
"mom prayer".

Tears are a blessing; there's evidence they wash the anxiety chemicals
out of our system.

Sing hymns if you can to lighten your heart and "bathe" your baby.
Our son's favorite (prenatal and postnatal) was "Save us oh Son of God"
from the Liturgy. I swear, it felt like he was dancing when he heard it before he was born.

Prayers will continue !!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Akathist

Theology Team
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2004
USA
✟70,418.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
O Lord our God, Who by word alone did heal all diseases, Who did cure the kinswoman of Peter, You Who chastise with pity and heal according to Your goodness; Who are able to put aside every malady and infirmity, do You Yourself, the same Lord, grant aid to Carlos and cure him of every sickness of which he is grieved; lift him up from his bed of pain, and send down upon him Your great mercy, and if it be Your Will, give to him health and a complete recovery; for You are the Physician of our souls and bodies, and to You do we send up Glory: to Father, and to Son, and to Holy Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen

:crosseo:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.