New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
How should I pray for something or someone If I am not sure what I am waiting for or happen to others?
Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,652.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How should I pray for something or someone If I am not sure what I am waiting for or happen to others?

Not sure what you mean? Could you explain in a little more detail.

Generally when we pray into a situation we need to be focused on what God's word says regarding the situation. And pray along the line of "God your word says ...xyz". As an example if we are praying for healing, we could remind God of places where he had mercy on the sick and healed. If we were praying for a husband/or wife, we could remind the LORD that his word says "It is not good for man to be alone", or one of the other scriptures regarding marriage in the bible.

I advise that you have a habit of reading God's word regularly, so you can build up your knowledge of the scriptures and what they say.

Upvote 0

dailyprayerwarrior

Sep 2, 2019
Blaine
✟12,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like you need to find out what God's will is (Ephesians 5:17). Take time to find out what God's will is on the matter. Ask Him. He will tell you. As I read in Isaiah the other day, go before the Lord and present what you do know. Lay everything out before Him. Ask Him for wisdom about what to do (James 1:5). Believe you receive what you need (Mark 11:20-25). Then praise Him that you have the answer for the next short while. Whenever you think about the situation, praise Him that you're doing the right thing. You are one spirit with Christ so the answer will likely come up from within your spirit. And when you think about the situation check your heart. God will lead you with His peace (Colossians 3:15). Do you sense His peace in a particular direction? Or do you sense a check, like the Holy Spirit is saying don't go in that direction? I am praying for you about this.

Reactions: Emmylouwho
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We can always pray for God's mercy and grace on the person/situation.

God is agape-love. He alone knows the full extent of every possible outcome, and can bring good from our bad choices, and so on. And He loves us and wills the best for mankind.

So praying for His mercy is always in accordance with His will, always the best outcome.

Rather it's kind of the reverse. Sometimes we might know what we want to pray to happen. Times like that, we can ask ... but should always pray "nevertheless, not my will but thy will be done" in case those should conflict.

We don't have to know. God knows. Just ask in love and trusting Him.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

SuZQ154

Apr 25, 2018
Alburtis
✟12,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your post reminded me when I first surrendered to Christ and did not know how to pray. We are afraid we are getting it "wrong" or do not sound spiritual enough. Eventually, I realized there is no right or wrong method of praying. We are just talking to God. Sometimes it is helpful to ask the Holy Spirit to guide our prayers. Praying for you today.

Upvote 0